Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one that doesnt miss food/eating?

I hope it will for both of us :-)

It's also something to do with the fact that I really love my new life and I don't want to do anything to set me back. It's not a conscious thought just something that now runs in my background thinking... As you said, I love the company of friends and family, the food is almost incidental now. Lon may it continue!

I do not miss food.

I feel freedom from food.< /p>

I eat what I need or want( with boundaries

)

Keep reading about people who miss eating, who miss/crave certain foods, who wish they could eat more. I know that's true for some people and they are the ones who post. But I do believe that a lot of people are where I am.

I really LIKE that I can't eat too much food.

Yes sometimes I wish I could have a bite of something unhealthy, but the desire passes in less than 3 seconds.

I really LIKE that I can go out to restaurants and focus on friendship, camaraderie and conversation and not worry about the food.< /p>

I really like not constantly having to think about food. That I only think of it when I'm hungry rather than all the time.

I really, really like that I no longer spend my waking hours wondering what diet, super food, eating plan I should try next to lose my weight.

I really enjoy the feeling that I am in control, rather than feeling the food controls me.

I don't think I'm in the minority. I think this is like complications. People who had tough recoveries post, people whose recoveries were simple don't post. But for the pre-ops, I think it may be important to see that not everyone is struggling with missing food.

Are you like me? Will you post your experience here so others can see?

That's true, but I think it's all in your head. Honestly my liquid diet ends tomorrow. I have had cravings. I had to fight the cravings. I'm not hungry, because I would prefer not having liquid. I just feel like I want something else. I am excited I get my mashed potatoes even if it's only a couple spoonfuls. I am not worried that I can't eat large amounts. I am happy about that. It helped a lot that my husband did most of the same things I did. He bought things he liked that I didn't and ate mostly that. It really helped with my cravings.

That's true, but I think it's all in your head. Honestly my liquid diet ends tomorrow. I have had cravings. I had to fight the cravings. I'm not hungry, because I would prefer not having liquid. I just feel like I want something else. I am excited I get my mashed potatoes even if it's only a couple spoonfuls. I am not worried that I can't eat large amounts. I am happy about that. It helped a lot that my husband did most of the same things I did. He bought things he liked that I didn't and ate mostly that. It really helped with my cravings.

Yeah the cravings were really hard for me the first week post op. I thought of food all the time! It was harder than the pre-op by far. But since then, it's been so much easier thankfully. Glad to hear your husband is being supportive.

I love it that I can eat just a little of something and be satisfied. We had a thanksgiving celebration here on the weekend (no official thanksgiving in Australia and I miss it so we have a big party every year) and I had my 50 grams of turkey and a spoonful each of stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and cranberry sauce. For dessert I had a bite of my husband's pie. And it was lovely. Even better, I enjoyed the cooking, the socializing, and was able to really take the time to count my blessings. Plus all the compliments from those who have not seen me in a while! I didn't stress about what I would and wouldn't eat. I knew my sleeve would take care of the quantity I could fit in so I made sure I had enough Protein and a taste of everything I cared for.

It was an utterly refreshing and affirming experience.

I think this was one of the biggest advantages that the pre-op diet did for me. I really learned that I don't need all that food that I had thought I was "starving to get" before I had surgery.

Now I am only a into full liquids post op and I still have no interest in cheating or eating things I shouldn't. I completely plan to one day eat things and live "normal" and have "splurges" on special occassions but for the most part I am very excited about enjoying healthy versions of food in small amounts and knowing I will be full and satisfied.

One of my biggest struggles was thinking about food. Thinking about what to shop for, thinking about what to cook, thinking about cooking, thinking about where to eat out.....I spent so many hours focused on meal after meal that food consumed my life. I decided I wanted to transition my family into healthy cooking without putting them on a diet (they don't need it). I found a program called www.emeals.com It has been great. Each Wednesday they send me a menu (my family has really liked all the recipes) with shopping list. I clip coupons on Thursday. On Friday I shop and hang the new menu. Now whoever is cooking (mainly me but on occassion one of the teens or hubby) knows exactly what to cook, we know all the ingredients are in the house. There is no "focusing" on food.

Emeals...wow, can't wait to check this out!! Like right now...thanks

I love it that I can eat just a little of something and be satisfied. We had a thanksgiving celebration here on the weekend (no official thanksgiving in Australia and I miss it so we have a big party every year) and I had my 50 grams of turkey and a spoonful each of stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and cranberry sauce. For dessert I had a bite of my husband's pie. And it was lovely. Even better, I enjoyed the cooking, the socializing, and was able to really take the time to count my blessings. Plus all the compliments from those who have not seen me in a while! I didn't stress about what I would and wouldn't eat. I knew my sleeve would take care of the quantity I could fit in so I made sure I had enough Protein and a taste of everything I cared for. It was an utterly refreshing and affirming experience.

Funny. That's my plan for Thanksgiving. To have my protein first and then one small bite of each of the other things and I already know I probably won't be able to eat a bite of all of them and that's ok. I love the fact that my sleeve has my back and won't allow me to continue to eat when I'm really already satisfied.

I agree completely. I don't live my life around food anymore. It doesn't control me. My relationship with food has changed 100%. The pre-op diet was very difficult for me emotionally because I was an emotional eater and I was grieving that coping mechanism. then the first 2 weeks after surgery were more difficult than I thought they would be - NOT physically....that was fine - but emotionally. I did have a lot of cravings during those first couple of weeks.

BUT, with that all said, things are completely different now (8 weeks post-op). I can honestly say I have not caved in to one single craving for a sweet or junky thing since surgery. It's just SO much easier to say no and walk away now. I may have a fleeting moment of "wanting" a cookie or chips or whatever, but it totally passes in seconds and is SO much easier to dismiss now. This has been a really freeing experience, because I took the power back!

I agree completely. I don't live my life around food anymore. It doesn't control me. My relationship with food has changed 100%. The pre-op diet was very difficult for me emotionally because I was an emotional eater and I was grieving that coping mechanism. then the first 2 weeks after surgery were more difficult than I thought they would be - NOT physically....that was fine - but emotionally. I did have a lot of cravings during those first couple of weeks.

BUT, with that all said, things are completely different now (8 weeks post-op). I can honestly say I have not caved in to one single craving for a sweet or junky thing since surgery. It's just SO much easier to say no and walk away now. I may have a fleeting moment of "wanting" a cookie or chips or whatever, but it totally passes in seconds and is SO much easier to dismiss now. This has been a really freeing experience, because I took the power back!

Congrats to u!!! Best of luck..

The cravings are not like they used to be. I wanted Movie popcorn, I ate 1 cup and did not want any more, where before I would eat an extra large by myself. I also found it not as satifsying as I used to find the taste. I want frozen yogurt and have made a deal with myself that at 50 pound loss I can have some frozen yogurt. Now I have to share with you all that my portion size used to be around $9 that is at 45 cents per ounze. A lot of frozen yogurt, no toppings. I am thinking a small amount will satisfy my craving for the frozen stuff,Maybe 6oz. I hope it will not be a trigger food that will try and spin me out of my diet orbit, but like the popcorn I hope it will be something I eat and think nice, but not as good as losing weight.

The cravings are not like they used to be. I wanted Movie popcorn, I ate 1 cup and did not want any more, where before I would eat an extra large by myself. I also found it not as satifsying as I used to find the taste. I want frozen yogurt and have made a deal with myself that at 50 pound loss I can have some frozen yogurt. Now I have to share with you all that my portion size used to be around $9 that is at 45 cents per ounze. A lot of frozen yogurt, no toppings. I am thinking a small amount will satisfy my craving for the frozen stuff,Maybe 6oz. I hope it will not be a trigger food that will try and spin me out of my diet orbit, but like the popcorn I hope it will be something I eat and think nice, but not as good as losing weight.

I have been trying to find healthy alternatives for things I want. I wanted pizza, I made it out of flatout bread which is super low carb and it was amazing. My husband wanted ice cream, I made it out of a Protein shake. We wanted pumpkin, I made a pumpkin caramel bake and a pumpkin cheesecake Protein pudding. I"m about to try to make a high protein pumpkin pie without crust this week.

One trick I've learned with yogurt for frozen yogurt. Take a non-fat low sugar yogurt, and mix 1 tablespoon of sugar-free cool whip into it. Put it in the freezer as you sit down to your meal. 25-30 minutes later, take it out and mix it up again and while it's not completely like frozen yogurt, it comes close enough to satisfy us.

But I hear you, smaller quantities are doing the trick. I don't trust myself with my trigger foods at all, but these little treats are working for the whole family.

Gamer girl I take 1/4 pumpking and 6oz sugar free greek vanilla yogurt, mix the two add pumpkin spice and voila a thick pumpkin cheescake pudding. It is doing it for me right now when I think about pumpkin pie. I am going to add that bit of SF whipped topping for a littel extra sweetness. Sounds like it might make it a bit richer. Thanks for the tip.

I agree that I live not being able to eat too much. But I can't agree that I love going to restaurants and not focusing on food. As a matter of fact, when I was not watching my diet, I focused more on my friends, and conversation, because I would not think about it, I would just listen, talk, and in between, just eat whatever was in front of me, and drink whatever was there. Whereas now, I am so focused on studying the menu, thinking to myself "what should I order", and when the food comes, I'm focused on "how many grams of Protein might that be?" and other little details like that. I'm still very focused on food, just in another way now. Maybe it's because my sleeve is still pretty new and I'm not quite used to it enough, but I find that that is how it's been for me, eating out.

Woman are these on your site!!!???

I have been trying to find healthy alternatives for things I want. I wanted pizza, I made it out of flatout bread which is super low carb and it was amazing. My husband wanted ice cream, I made it out of a Protein shake. We wanted pumpkin, I made a pumpkin caramel bake and a pumpkin cheesecake Protein pudding. I"m about to try to make a high protein pumpkin pie without crust this week.

One trick I've learned with yogurt for frozen yogurt. Take a non-fat low sugar yogurt, and mix 1 tablespoon of sugar-free cool whip into it. Put it in the freezer as you sit down to your meal. 25-30 minutes later, take it out and mix it up again and while it's not completely like frozen yogurt, it comes close enough to satisfy us.

But I hear you, smaller quantities are doing the trick. I don't trust myself with my trigger foods at all, but these little treats are working for the whole family.

Sometimes I don't, sometimes I do. I realize sometimes that I get bored, and remember I was usually eating or sleeping before my sleeve. I don't miss feeling like I have to eat all the time and my cravings are minimal. I'm also very happy when I eat 5 bites and lose my appetite.