Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 weeks out from surgery if all goes as planned.

My surgeon has my pre-op diet as 2 liquid meals and 1 solid OR all liquid meals for 2 weeks pre-op.

That leaves me six week to prepare for that. Has anyone received a calendar or list of recommendations for how to eat prior to that to help make the transition easier? I'd also appreciate personal plans as well.

I just want the 2 weeks pre-op diet and then the clear/full liquid and puree stages of the post diet to be a bit less of a shock. People who I see on these forums that are unhappy or regret surgery immediately post-op also appear to be the ones that are struggling most with the "loss" of food.< /p>

Thanks for your advice!

I'm 8 weeks out from surgery if all goes as planned.

My surgeon has my pre-op diet as 2 liquid meals and 1 solid OR all liquid meals for 2 weeks pre-op.

That leaves me six week to prepare for that. Has anyone received a calendar or list of recommendations for how to eat prior to that to help make the transition easier? I'd also appreciate personal plans as well.

I just want the 2 weeks pre-op diet and then the clear/full liquid and puree stages of the post diet to be a bit less of a shock. People who I see on these forums that are unhappy or regret surgery immediately post-op also appear to be the ones that are struggling most with the "loss" of food.

Thanks for your advice!

I never got any recommendations from my NUT or doctor, but I started by substituting one pre-made Protein shake for one meal a day to get used to drinking my meals.

Post-op, Frankensleeve wasn't in the mood to eat anything for almost 7 days, so adjusting to the clear liquid to puree stages was a breeze. My entire outlook and thoughts on food changed for the better post-op.

Here's my review of my 2 favorite brands and flavors

media]

[/media]

I am approaching the pre-op diet exactly the same way. I do not want my body to be shocked. I have been cutting calories down and getting very friendly with shakes. It seems that I am also getting more comfortable with feeling a little hungry. Good luck.

I can tell you what I've done to prepare - I'm scheduled for 11/14.

I purchased appetizer forks and spoons - this forces you to take smaller bites than your currently used to.

Once I take that tiny bite in my mouth, I chew, chew and chew some more. I chew 20-25 times if possible. It takes work and you need to pay attention.

I eat at least one meal a day at the table, with no TV or radio - it's completely calm. This makes me pay attention to the chewing and my feeling of fullness.

I sampled many Protein shakes and found a couple that I can live with at least pre-op. I didn't purchase a lot since I understand that tastes may change post-op.

I incorporate at least one shake a day into my diet daily. I'm trying different recipes (using Torani sugar free syrups helps a lot)

I'm exercising - I try to do something daily, even if it's a little walk. Move your body more today than you did yesterday.

I cut out caffeine totally - I weaned myself off rather than going cold turkey.

I cut out all bread and refined sugars.

I've been researching a lot - looking for blogs and of course, visiting VST, as much as possible. Networking with people helps out with the anxiety.

I'm opening up to my husband more about my food issues and the way I view myself. This has been a big help - I don't have that bad self-talk as much.

Most of the above was started at about 5-6 weeks before the surgery date.

Best of luck to you!