Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November fitness challenge

I walked briskly for 40 minute. My fitbit tells me I walked 3.86 miles, but that included the long walk through the costco parking lot and around the store.

Last night I walked 1.8 miles.

Total is 5.6. I'll take it and try to figure out how to separate exercise from regular errand and general steps on my fitbit.

I walked briskly for 40 minute. My fitbit tells me I walked 3.86 miles' date=' but that included the long walk through the costco parking lot and around the store. Last night I walked 1.8 miles. Total is 5.6. I'll take it and try to figure out how to separate exercise from regular errand and general steps on my fitbit.[/quote']

I count every dang step whether errand or exercise. I walk as much as I can in short bursts through the day. I find I'm less likely to get an arthritis flare up if I do that.

But I've also read people say over and over that you don't have to get all your exercise at once. You can do either 30 mins, a day, or 3 sessions of 10 mins each. Cooper clinic in Dallas also did a study where one of my employees participated. They found that speed of walking made no difference to positive health outcomes. Cardiovascular fitness of course is a different issue. But overall, what matters is that you walk. Not all at once, and not fast, just walk.

My point is, 3.86 mikes, even if some of it was Costco at a slow pace, is still better for you than sitting on the couch, so maybe it's okay to count it? I don't know how that fits with your personal goals of course, I'm just saying from an "active" perspective. I too had some Costco steps in mine today.

I'm new! I am 12 weeks out and down 51 pounds. I haven't started working out yet, but I need to!!!! I'm committing to working out 3xweek in November. I'm off to a good start since I jog/walked a 5k this morning (mostly walked!!!). Thank you for this post and inspiration! ;)

I count every dang step whether errand or exercise. I walk as much as I can in short bursts through the day. I find I'm less likely to get an arthritis flare up if I do that. But I've also read people say over and over that you don't have to get all your exercise at once. You can do either 30 mins' date=' a day, or 3 sessions of 10 mins each. Cooper clinic in Dallas also did a study where one of my employees participated. They found that speed of walking made no difference to positive health outcomes. Cardiovascular fitness of course is a different issue. But overall, what matters is that you walk. Not all at once, and not fast, just walk. My point is, 3.86 mikes, even if some of it was costco at a slow pace, is still better for you than sitting on the couch, so maybe it's okay to count it? I don't know how that fits with your personal goals of course, I'm just saying from an "active" perspective. I too had some Costco steps in mine today.[/quote']

^^^^^all of what she said!!!!

9 miles. Total 14.5 MTD

Butter thanks so much for the challenge - I will be 1 year out 11/30 and and am 30 pounds from goal. I have been on a stall for 3-4 months and need the challenge to get me going! So my goal is 100 miles in 30 days -

I took yesterday off, but today I started my month with 7 miles!! a first! It was all on my bike. I did some walking at a couple of football games this morning but not very much. Got pissed off and when I came home got on the bike and before I knew bam 7 miles! I need to get pissed more often....lol

I dunno....sounds kinda Cajun to me.

Cajun is the BEST!!! Laissez les bons temps rouler !!!

Okay so I shopped ALL DAY LONG! Idk how much exactly I walked!!! I need a pedometer

15610 steps 10/31 (totally counting this!)

9937 steps 11/1

12789 steps 11/2

My goal is to average 10000+ per day for the month.

I don't know how many miles it counts for , but missus butter and I shook our groove things last night all the way to funky town.

post-17584-13838396995549_thumb.jpg

Edited by Butterthebean

I don't know how many miles it counts for ' date=' but missus butter and I shaked our groove things last night all the way to funky town. [/quote']

OMG butter! Look at you! You look so freaking good. I know you're losing some weight from the TT swelling going down, but your face looks thinner too. Maybe you're losing more?

Very dashing in your dress up clothes :)

Just posting my totals for yesterday.

11/1 Squats:60 Desk pushups:90 Bike miles: 15 Other Miles:0

11/2 Squats:60 Desk pushups:80 Bike Miles: 5 Other Miles:0

Totals: Squats:120 Desk pushups:170 Bike Miles: 20 Other Miles: 0

Goals Squats:2,000 Desk Pushups: 3,000 Combined miles:200

To go: Squats: 1880 Desk pushups: 2,830 Combined miles: 180

I did absolutely nothing in terms of exercise yesterday and probably won't today. My body hurt yesterday (not just achy) in new and interesting ways so me thinks it needs a couple solid rest days. Has anyone ever got a burning pain sensation in their bicep before? Felt like a tetanus shot. Today, after a good night of sleep, I am feeling better and only a little sore in abs, upper back, arms and legs. I hope to be back at it tomorrow.

Another NSV after Fridays workout of serious core work (see above), I can see my abs this morning in the mirror. That is a first. Not a six pack, but more like a 2 pack. :) there is hope!!