Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone regret WLS and why?

Thank you everyone!!! Your experiences and honesty has really helped me lots and hope it helps many others as well. <br><br>

Well so far I've survived my liquid diet and scheduled for my surgery in 2 days, Thurs., 11/14/13. Arce inky lots a few pounds but that was the least of my worries, it was how to survive while being a diabetic/hypoglecmic while in thus liquid diet. My pcp took me off my diabetic metaformin meds as I did struggle the keep my sugar levels up during first couple of days. <br><br>

Today is the first day I felt good and not so nervous or anxious. Tmrw I go see the Hops nurse for cross match pre-op surgery check in. <br><br>

All your experience have lifted me and kept me motivated and asuures me I'm doing the rift things for all the reasons. Looking forward to all postive and successful WL dats ahead if me. Thank you all for your time to reply. I shall be back to share my experience, the good, bad and ugly. <br>

Peace!

Scorpion,

How you doing?

Thank you for asking Skikyd

I had my surgery this morning at 8:30

Overall I think I'm doing ok. They nurses say I'm doing fabulous. I took them up on all med offers in the recovery room, before surgery also told the anistigiologist I was having major anxiety, gave a cocktail as he said its 5 o clock somewhere. LOL!!

So far I've walked around he hospital 11 times today after 3pm when I felt clear minded and no so dizzy. I have 14 more to complete a mike.

I've brushed my teeth, doing my lung pump exercise, and so far ok

The nursery just asked me if I needed more meds, morphine or norco whatever they give for pain. I refused it for now, only bcuz I'm waiting for my family to arrive and be alert. As soon as they leave I will have for my meds.

My drain pump is not too bad, have bee able to go to the restroom alone.

I'm afraid to turn on my side to rest but I don't know why. I think I will when meds kick in, when I get our if bed it feels like my stomach is so empty and feels weird.

As a diabetic/hypoglecmic I have a moment earlier thinking my sugar was low but all it was, was the gas in my chest do I panicked a bit, they injected antiflamatory med, I burped and felt better.

My nurse and staff are great, have my own room and resting up. I'm at the end if the hall, so it's not that noisy.

My throat us super dry but keep using my ice Water sponge to moisten my tongue and lips.

Chapstick is a lifesaver

It does hurt a bit to inhale when meds starts wearing off. The nurse said I might be in more pain tmrw bcuz I still have the anesthesia meds in me right now.

Oh the nice news this morning was, before liquid diet I was weighing 266, this morning I was 254 so I lost 12 lbs, but hadn't weighed myself til today.

I will keep y'all posted!! Thank you everyone again for the well wishes and asking.

Still can't believe I've made it this far.

Smiling with a bit of pain

Thank you for asking Skikyd I had my surgery this morning at 8:30 Overall I think I'm doing ok. They nurses say I'm doing fabulous. I took them up on all med offers in the recovery room, before surgery also told the anistigiologist I was having major anxiety, gave a cocktail as he said its 5 o clock somewhere. LOL!! So far I've walked around he hospital 11 times today after 3pm when I felt clear minded and no so dizzy. I have 14 more to complete a mike. I've brushed my teeth, doing my lung pump exercise, and so far ok The nursery just asked me if I needed more meds, morphine or norco whatever they give for pain. I refused it for now, only bcuz I'm waiting for my family to arrive and be alert. As soon as they leave I will have for my meds. My drain pump is not too bad, have bee able to go to the restroom alone. I'm afraid to turn on my side to rest but I don't know why. I think I will when meds kick in, when I get our if bed it feels like my stomach is so empty and feels weird. As a diabetic/hypoglecmic I have a moment earlier thinking my sugar was low but all it was, was the gas in my chest do I panicked a bit, they injected antiflamatory med, I burped and felt better. My nurse and staff are great, have my own room and resting up. I'm at the end if the hall, so it's not that noisy. My throat us super dry but keep using my ice Water sponge to moisten my tongue and lips. Chapstick is a lifesaver It does hurt a bit to inhale when meds starts wearing off. The nurse said I might be in more pain tmrw bcuz I still have the anesthesia meds in me right now. Oh the nice news this morning was, before liquid diet I was weighing 266, this morning I was 254 so I lost 12 lbs, but hadn't weighed myself til today. I will keep y'all posted!! Thank you everyone again for the well wishes and asking. Still can't believe I've made it this far. Smiling with a bit of pain

Well done! Can't wait to hear more updates!! Get well :)

It's amazing how much better I feel while I eat. For a minute there before I started taking it I literally thought to myself "all enjoyment of eating has pretty much vanished". Now it's back and I feel renewed. I was depressed for a few weeks about it, wondering why I did this to myself. It sucks to be tethered to a drug forever but I'll take it. Prilosec is one of the most effective, safe drugs out there. Especially when you take it with a probiotic since PPI's usually disrupt your good bacteria in your stomach.

Oh I am so glad to read your post, I feel that way now! First it hurt to drink now it sucks to eat! My acid reflex is bad, and so is the gas! As soon as I get the A ok! I'm trying Prilosec !

I hate to be negative, but I do have regrets. I am 9 months out and have lost 140 lbs, my sugar levels are normal, I'm off all blood pressure meds, I've gone from a size 60 waist to a 42 - what could be bad? It really is hard to argue with success, but eating is always filled with pain, food tastes lousy and while I feel "FULL" with just a few bites, I still feel very hungry and un-satisfied. This unsatisfied feeling is the biggest bummer. Its like you feel on a diet - when you restrict all your food and you so much want to have that piece of cake. That is how I feel all day and even after I eat my mini-meals. It is very discouraging because I really fear that this set up is geared for failure. Good luck. I must warn that you should take my comments with a grain of salt, because I really am not the norm. I did my research too, and it was very hard, if not impossible to find anyone with anything bad to say about the surgery.

Oh and I did a YouTube blog about my journey so you can kind of see the the ups and downs. Newlifemelissa is the channel name

I just subscribed to your channel your hilarious

Thank you for asking Skikyd<br>

I had my surgery this morning at 8:30<br>

Overall I think I'm doing ok. They nurses say I'm doing fabulous. I took them up on all med offers in the recovery room, before surgery also told the anistigiologist I was having major anxiety, gave a cocktail as he said its 5 o clock somewhere. LOL!!<br><br>

So far I've walked around he hospital 11 times today after 3pm when I felt clear minded and no so dizzy. I have 14 more to complete a mike. <br><br>

I've brushed my teeth, doing my lung pump exercise, and so far ok <br><br>

The nursery just asked me if I needed more meds, morphine or norco whatever they give for pain. I refused it for now, only bcuz I'm waiting for my family to arrive and be alert. As soon as they leave I will have for my meds. <br><br>

My drain pump is not too bad, have bee able to go to the restroom alone. <br><br>

I'm afraid to turn on my side to rest but I don't know why. I think I will when meds kick in, when I get our if bed it feels like my stomach is so empty and feels weird. <br><br>

As a diabetic/hypoglecmic I have a moment earlier thinking my sugar was low but all it was, was the gas in my chest do I panicked a bit, they injected antiflamatory med, I burped and felt better. <br><br>

My nurse and staff are great, have my own room and resting up. I'm at the end if the hall, so it's not that noisy. <br><br>

My throat us super dry but keep using my ice Water sponge to moisten my tongue and lips. <br>

Chapstick is a lifesaver <br><br>

It does hurt a bit to inhale when meds starts wearing off. The nurse said I might be in more pain tmrw bcuz I still have the anesthesia meds in me right now. <br><br>

Oh the nice news this morning was, before liquid diet I was weighing 266, this morning I was 254 so I lost 12 lbs, but hadn't weighed myself til today. <br><br>

I will keep y'all posted!! Thank you everyone again for the well wishes and asking. <br><br>

Still can't believe I've made it this far. <br>

Smiling with a bit of pain

Scorpion

, you are a week out. How you doing?

Hello, yes 1wk and 1day.

I'm learning something new everyday, it's truly a new lifestyle. I feel that as much as we research and learn about the WLS sleeve, it's doesn't do much justice until you're actually sleeved and living it.

I've been drinking 90 to 100oz of fluids daily

includes my Proteins and getting in my fluids

No more diabetes or hbp meds. Thxgoodness!!

My worst expetience this week Tuesday was MAJOR pain I honestly thought I had hurt my internal incisions and prob had to go back to hospital, it was so bad I couldn't breath or sip my drink or lie on my rightsude and it turn out to be gas from not having a bowel movement/gas.

Because I was so focused on drinking all fluids and Proteins I lost track on passing gas. Passing gas/burping is crucial for us after the surgery.

Wednesday morning it dawned on me I hadn't gone or passed gas. As soon as I did, it relief my pain about 70% but I still had pain, called my surgeon and instructed me to drink 15 ML milk of magnesia to have a complete BM, the milk of M worked but then I was super nauseated.

Luckily my son offered to make me a 8oz cup of peppermint tea. He's going into all natural organic tea business and knows which tea are good for health benefits. And had told me before but I hadn't tried it, but with so much pain I was desparate and warm tea sounded good.

As soon as I drank my tea within 5 minutes my pain went away, passed more had and slept thru entire night. Pain was gone 100% and hasn't come back. Lifesaver!!!

Now I can actually feel my stitches healing and sometimes feel itchy, good sign

Other issue I've had is feeling shaky upon waking up to point it feels like I'm going to hyperventilate.

It subsides when I start sipping on my Protein drink but still continues randomly throughout day. I haven't been getting in my 1 mike walk. Grrrr!

I'm not dehydrated or low on proteins, I've been accomplishing all fluids. My blood sugars and blood pressure are all normal too.

So today I called doctor and he sent me to go do lab work but won't get results til tmrw or Sunday.

I see him on Monday anyways to have my stitches removed.

So I'm doing good but could be doing better if I can get rid of this shaky, dizzy, lightheaded feeling. I'm not able to drive, that's how bad I feel.

I haven't weighed myself as that doesn't seen so important right now, until I feel 100% healthy and strong.

I hope our other fellow November Sleevers are doing well

Thank you for asking : )

It's so important for us to share the good, bad and ugly.

PS

Peppermint tea:

****highly recommend having all natural tea peppermint leaves around to make fresh or purchase prepacked.

My son will be selling it soon, so let me know if anyone is interested.

You sound great. Off HBO and diabetes meds is huge.

Everyone is different. I had heard about gas pains. I asked my doctor about it. He acted like he never heard about it.

He sad don't worry about it... And I never had gas pains.

IM sitting here aging some herbal tea now. Thank you or the idea.

Continued recovery.

Before my sleeve I was worried about what I could eat after surgery... I had it done on 11/20/13 and could honestly care less about eating! I have been sipping on Water and Protein Shakes and have been doing fine! I am already down 6lbs in just 3 days also! I cannot wait to see how much further this will take me! I am ready to start my new life!!!

Sometimes, I regret this surgery because it means I can't go back, that I'm "stuck" with this belly.

I sorta regret not being able to binge and be able to eat like I used to.

I'm almost a month out, and I know this is all just fear.

Fear that I won't lose the weight.

Fear that I won't be happy with my choice in later years.

Despite my regret feelings, I know it'll pass once I start losing the weight and feeling better.

I am a few days shy of 3 months out. The first 4 weeks were rough. I definitely had buyers remorse. Had a lot more pain then I expected. Had a hard time getting in my fluids and eating. Ended up getting IV fluids at week 5 and what a difference that made. I'm still not able to eat or drink and much as I hear others can but I feel amazing. My energy levels are through the roof. I'm down 40lbs since surgery and 70lbs down from my highest weight. Yesterday I jogged with my son for the first time ever. No I do not regret this.

I am a few days shy of 3 months out. The first 4 weeks were rough. I definitely had buyers remorse. Had a lot more pain then I expected. Had a hard time getting in my fluids and eating. Ended up getting IV fluids at week 5 and what a difference that made. I'm still not able to eat or drink and much as I hear others can but I feel amazing. My energy levels are through the roof. I'm down 40lbs since surgery and 70lbs down from my highest weight. Yesterday I jogged with my son for the first time ever. No I do not regret this.

Wow sounds like you had a time.

I'm glad it worked out in the end. Congratulations

I am down 60+ pounds from highest weight.

I feel 20 years younger.

Best thing I ever did for my self.