Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first BM yesterday and never thought I'd be so excited to poop! lol And today was the first morning that I finally dropped the 10 lbs of Water from the IVs since getting sleeved 10/16. B)

Hubby picked up the GasX strips yesterday and they may be expensive but they work! So thanks so much for the tip! Do believe they will be my new best friend.

Hope everyone is doing really well. Am still bruised and a tad achy and hoping my largest incision above the navel doesn't stay indented the way it is now! lol

I'm a 15th-er too! So... 6 days out now. Incisions are good, glue fell off, strips still on drain incision. Had first BM on Sat., after three nights of Colace at bedtime. It's all working just fine now; no diarrhea and no Constipation. Having a bit of pressure whenever I drink, but not really pain. I figure I'm just still inflamed. Been getting in about 48 oz of full liquids, helped greatly by SF popsicles. Made some Protein skim milk for Decaf coffee and tea. Cannot STAND my pre made shakes that I LOVED pre-surgery. Had a TERRIBLE experience with Gasx gels getting stuck mid chest the other night, even though I'm swallowing several other pills with no problem. I'm taking two large capsules a day of Ursodiol, to prevent gallstones. I will be on that for six months. Haven't seen much mention of that medication on VST! Gonna get a sippy cup tonight, and stock up on puree supplies; "eating" ratchets up to purees tomorrow!!!!

Hi, I had surgery on monday and went home on wed. Everything has been great. getting in nearly all my fluids about 60 oz and Protein about 60 grams. no pain meds in 2 days. having regular bowel movements (if thats what you want to call them) but noticing since last night a little bit of chest pain upon deep breaths. I feel great otherwise no headache, no nausea, no fever, etc.. wondering if i should call the dr?

Hi' date=' I had surgery on monday and went home on wed. Everything has been great. getting in nearly all my fluids about 60 oz and Protein about 60 grams. no pain meds in 2 days. having regular bowel movements (if thats what you want to call them) but noticing since last night a little bit of chest pain upon deep breaths. I feel great otherwise no headache, no nausea, no fever, etc.. wondering if i should call the dr?[/quote']

I felt that way this morning too. I'm thinking gas. Mine went away.

I felt that way this morning too. I'm thinking gas. Mine went away.

I went to my surgeon today and he said gas is gone by now and that the pain we experience could be muscle spasms and nerves that were stunned during anesthesia coming back to themselves.

It's weird but I'll take it.

I am 1 wk post op my Doc has me 3wks liquid... I feel like licking plates :blink: anyone else.

8 days postop today and 2nd day on pureed foods. That's going ok, but I have to say that my energy is more up and down than I thought.

Also, struggling with insomnia and Jerky legs. On another thread, I've mused that I may be getting too much synthroid now -- the symptoms are similar to what I've experienced in the past.

Last night, to counter-act, I took ONE pain pill (Oxy), and slept like a log for 8 hours. But today, I feel like my stomach, bowels and energy were much more sluggish. I guess it's a trade off; which is better? sleep (for healing) or energy (for exercise/eating)?

Also mentioned on another thread -- is everyone suddenly FREEZING COLD all of the time????? I sure am.

Edited by outwithbenjiboi

8 days postop today and 2nd day on pureed foods. That's going ok' date=' but I have to say that my energy is more up and down than I thought.

Also, struggling with insomnia and Jerky legs. On another thread, I've mused that I may be getting too much synthroid now -- the symptoms are similar to what I've experienced in the past.

Last night, to counter-act, I took ONE pain pill (Oxy), and slept like a log for 8 hours. But today, I feel like my stomach, bowels and energy was much more sluggish. I guess it's a trade off; which is better? sleep (for healing) or energy (for exercise/eating)?

Also mentioned on another thread -- is everyone suddenly FREEZING COLD all of the time????? I sure am.[/quote']

Freezing:) my meds for pain are making me dizzy and somewhat light headed stomach still sore ready for this drain to come out ( tomorrow) liquids going well OK can't eat much at all. Still kinda hard to bend down I'm ready for the calm after the storm.:( surgery was Oct 15

I am 1 wk post op my Doc has me 3wks liquid... I feel like licking plates :blink: anyone else.

I am 12 days out. Had a week of clear liquid and two weeks full liquids. Haven't licked anything yet, but was tempted... we have to stay strong. We got this! Well, at least for today...

I had surgery Oct. 15 and I am so cold all the time! Glad I'm not the only one. (Maybe it's because we're losing our "insulation" lol.) And I have been crazy hungry. Just head hunger though, because there's no way I could shove food in my mouth right now. For some reason I have became obsessed with looking at food and recipes. It sounds like torture, but things like just watching Food Network on TV leaves me feeling satisfied as if I just ate whatever they were cooking. So strange!

The cold feeling is because our bodies are "starving" and using the lesser calories that we're taking in are being used to focus on our internal organs, and not so much on keeping our outer body warm. :) I'm 8 days post op and get cold easily, kinda when I get overtired.

pureed foods started yesterday and I'm really thankful that my husband manages a restaurant called Zoup, where they specialize in Soup (and salads and sandwiches)....he brings me home a variety of Soups I can toss in the blender and chicken pot pie in the blender is FAB! Probably would work with a regular chicken pot pie at home in the nuker too...add some skim milk and voila! :) Will probably buy some baby food, though, for convenience purposes for when I go back to work on Monday...that and premixed Protein drinks.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone!

How much weight have the 14/15th beauties lost? I've lost 7 lbs since surgery and I feel like it should be more

How much weight have the 14/15th beauties lost? I've lost 7 lbs since surgery and I feel like it should be more

I'm down 17 lbs since surgery.

I'm down 17 lbs since surgery.

What have you been doing to increase your weight loss?

What have you been doing to increase your weight loss?

I'm on a 2 week liquid diet. 64 oz/day <15 calories. I walk about 45 min/day. Other than that I haven't really been doing much. I have an office job, so I'm not very active there.