Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I feel like everyone should use this forum (and thread) however works best for them! If you and/or others would like smaller more I timate groups, go for it! For myself, even though we have well over 100 December sleevers only a handful actually participate.

I like coming to one place where we've all gotten to know each other. There is another thread that has been started as a "numbers only" thread where everyone can start posting weight loss as we get there.

If you and/or anyone else wants a smaller group, I would make sure to make the title of the thread specific like you said, "December 1-5 sleepovers" etc and other threads accordingly.

Also, there are far fewer people on the Facebook group if you're not already over there.

So excited for everyone!

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookiee
  • Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  • Dec 02 doopa
  • Dec 02 Jerzygurl
  • Dec 02 LittleLou
  • Dec 02 Alysha23
  • Dec 02 Onedaycloser
  • Dec 02 Mskrys
  • Dec 02 Saresy
  • Dec 02 blueslp
  • Dec 02 MASSGUY
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 Sinderelly
  • Dec 03 missmee
  • Dec 03 Browneyedgurl
  • Dec 03 Jill105
  • Dec 03 LizzyK
  • Dec 03 VSG AJH
  • Dec 03 linda305
  • Dec 03 bflyeffect17
  • Dec 03 and then...
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 MissKatt
  • Dec 04 caligirl3
  • Dec 04 tmstaves
  • Dec 04 Cakencream
  • Dec 05 Blondie
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 05 jenRRT
  • Dec 05 brennalynn84
  • Dec 05 SkinnyShanny
  • Dec 05 Vstears
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 06 MythunderAz
  • Dec 08 skinnyme2
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 09 vbishop
  • Dec 09 Care1175
  • Dec 09 Idlewood4
  • Dec 09 MtAirygirl
  • Dec 09 Boomersmomma
  • Dec 09 doflicker
  • Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 10 Andrew0929
  • Dec 10 Kornrockur
  • Dec 10 Chefcoll
  • Dec 10 Coachdk
  • Dec 10 Smilingirl
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 11 Scraglycat
  • Dec 11 kadeetaylor
  • Dec 11 KatSeattle61
  • Dec 11 DeniseC
  • Dec 11 Katcloudshepherd
  • Dec 11 Cwatters1
  • Dec 11 luckyyou0521
  • Dec 11 bmm35
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 12 kellymoon
  • Dec 12 honeylove
  • Dec 12 beansmomma
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 13 Under1star
  • Dec 13 AtlantaRed
  • Dec 14 Sleevin It
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mel1071
  • Dec 16 MGR1852
  • Dec 16 tami j
  • Dec 16 Bremartus
  • Dec 16 Redwillow13
  • Dec 16 Whittywoman86
  • Dec 16 sknyinside
  • Dec 16 soccerdad
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 17 ginnie290
  • Dec 17 kat1548
  • Dec 17 birdbutch
  • Dec 17 princesstami
  • Dec 17 Clexie
  • Dec 17 HarlemLoser
  • Dec 17 overdue
  • Dec 17 Soonergirl101
  • Dec 17 Baeball Mom
  • Dec 17 QueenCityGal
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 18 Teachamy
  • Dec 18 Simpley_ke
  • Dec 20 myvsglife
  • Dec 20 Kindle
  • Dec 23 VLBrand6809
  • Dec 23 ipso_fatso
  • Dec 23 Tarheel79
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 26 teambarbie
  • Dec 27 Carmen1963
  • Dec 28 1newday2
  • Dec 30 elsnanny
  • Dec 30 DeezJeanz
  • Dec 30 lashacarpenter
  • Dec 30 kan75251
  • Dec 30 AngiD
  • Dec 30 Mbindra
  • Dec 30 jennybgenius

No date yet:

• HoustonTexanFan
  • SueRN
  • NewAshes
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • Besleeve It
  • georgiabelle
  • mscognac504
  • Zoumommy
  • Lizadaze

Welcome to the group to all of our new friends! I think I have added the new folks to the list..if I have missed anyone, please let me know!

What a fantastic list!

Had a preop appointment with my surgeons nurse today. It's a lot to take in and kind of overwhelming.

Had a preop appointment with my surgeons nurse today. It's a lot to take in and kind of overwhelming.

What did they tell you? I should be starting my things next week and just wondering?

What did they tell you? I should be starting my things next week and just wondering?

Well they gave me a big binder full of things to expect before and after. She gave me a list of Protein Drinks I can have and other goodies like sf Jello and sf popsicles for the preop diet. My surgeon has you stop the Protein 2 days before and start some bowel movement liquid. She gave me things for after if I have any complications. Told me what to do before going to the hospital and I got a journal and new water bottle. I'm sure there was more. I'll read everything after work tonight. She just went over everything really fast. I know she does it a lot but I don't. I.should of told her to slow down!

Well they gave me a big binder full of things to expect before and after. She gave me a list of Protein drinks I can have and other goodies like sf Jello and sf popsicles for the preop diet. My surgeon has you stop the protein 2 days before and start some bowel movement liquid. She gave me things for after if I have any complications. Told me what to do before going to the hospital and I got a journal and new Water bottle. I'm sure there was more. I'll read everything after work tonight. She just went over everything really fast. I know she does it a lot but I don't. I.should of told her to slow down!

Wow that is alot to take in all at once. Keep us posted once you read it and have a better understanding.

So, my whey shake induced rash has continued, but I lost another 3 pounds. Oddly , I'm really not hungry.

So, my whey shake induced rash has continued, but I lost another 3 pounds. Oddly , I'm really not hungry.

Oh my have to tried taking benadryl?

Oh my have to tried taking benadryl?

Yes, taking benedryl at night and Claritin during the day. Also stopped the whey shakes, but no relief yet. My wife thinks its due to surgery stress but I'm not convinced.

Less than two weeks left and I'm starting to feel like a big chicken! Part of me wants to cancel, but I know I just have/want to go through with this. Oi.

I like this idea :) While being in with all the December people is great, I'd like to eventually communicate more with people who are close to my date within a few days, especially post-op. How would this be accomplished?

Hi everyone,
I have a suggestion. Since December is fast approaching and this thread has over a thousand responses, it's getting hard to keep up with everyone and their sleeve dates. Would anyone be interested when December hits to maybe start new threads so that the ones who are sleeved within a few days can keep track of each other's journeys since we will be going through exactly the same things at the same times.

Any suggestions on how to categorize? Maybe something like
Dec 1-5
Dec 6-10

Or even a week at a time. What do you guys all think? I'm sure we are all very happy to have so many people being sleeved in December like ourselves but I'm also sure we will probably be paying closer attention to those who are sleeved the same day or within a day or two of ourselves more.

Hi everyone!

I had the title of the thread changed for the pounds lost in our group. Here is the link if you want to 'subscribe' to it, and follow along as those pounds come off of all of us:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/

This thread will be used only to log your weight loss, and we can keep a running total so we can watch the thousands of pounds being lost!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Yes, taking benedryl at night and Claritin during the day. Also stopped the whey shakes, but no relief yet. My wife thinks its due to surgery stress but I'm not convinced.

It could be the stress of it all for sure. This is a big step for all of us and I have been a little antsy too. And not sleeping as well. Tomorrow I have my EDG or id it EGD and I have not been sleeping well and on liquids for yesterday and today. It has been a little difficult for sure. Hang in there we are all pulling for you.

I like that this thread is all in one, yes, granted if I am off the boards for a day and a half like recently, then I had 5-6 pages to catch up on this topic as well as another very active topic I am following. Whew - I dont feel like I respond near as much when I am so far behind, but I am afraid that I would lose touch with December sleevers if they were not in this thread along with me because I would forget to check other boards.

I will need to be more frequent if I want to actually particpate in the discusions! By the time I have read them things have moved on :)

I love the spreadhseet Atlred, thank you for sharing - I thought I had seen that it before - glad you all found the OP.

So glad to see all the new surgeries scheduled! I am on 12/16 and have a confession to make - last week I tried to get my surgery moved up if possible to December 9th - no luck as the 9th & 16th were booked, but they could have moved me to 12/2 - WAY to soon. I was worried about not being mobile on christmas - but my scheduler (who also has had the sleeve) at the dr office assured me that I would be mobile within the same week of my surgery and so we kept it the same.

I had my hospital PRE-OP yesterday, and I think I will really like this hospital, the staff is very friendly and this is where my EDG was done. I have my Dr. Office Pre-Op Dec 2nd, then liquids start Dec 9th - I do not know what all that entails for the week, but sure I will find out on 12/2, they call it Bariatric University and have a booklet they hand out to us. They showed us a bit of it in the NUT class - and it seems extensive.

On the preparation front: I have bought fitfrappe coffee flavored chai with Protein and love it! I am glad I took a chance on it. I also purchased Torani SF syrups in some cool flavors after folliwng eggface for a while, that will be used for down the line, but they were on sale so had to go ahead and get them. I have used them in my coffee for flavoring and they are very yummy. Still need to get the Unjury chicken and unflavored, as well as a shaker bottle. I have my pillow and I will need to dig out my heating pad somewhere. I have a magic bullet, but figured that will come in more handy during pureed stage. I just froze a small serving of beef stew to try pureed - hahaha was just about to throw it down the drain and thought.... it certainly is worth a try!

Sorry for the long post... just feels like I am so behind - wishing everyone a great head start!