Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

DeezJeanz' date=' I know you were soooo hoping for an earlier date but this group really needed a Dec 30 person for elsnanny to have a surgery buddy!

Welcome to our December group!![/quote']

Well here I am:))) hopefully it sticks this time.

Ps, I meant to say Ty, lol. So excited to finally be on the dated losers bench I forgot my manners:)) glad to be added.

Edited by DeezJeanz

Got my date -- December 10.

My surgeon is making me do a 3-week liquid/low-cal diet.

I'm both excited and freaked out.

Andrew

You can do it Andrew! I know I will start becoming more and more nervous than excited the closer I get to my date!

I added your date to the list!

Well tomorrow is the day I find out my date !!!

DeezJeanz' date=' I know you were soooo hoping for an earlier date but this group really needed a Dec 30 person for elsnanny to have a surgery buddy! Welcome to our December group!![/quote']

AtlantaRed, you are so sweet to watch out for me!! Yay, I have a surgery buddy :)

DeezJeanz, we will have all these December people go before us so they give us advice and what to expect! We can be the Caboose of the group and bring in the end of the month and year!!!

I hear you Jerzygurl! My doctor is not requiring a pre op diet but I will not be grazing ALL day on Thanksgiving! My pre op appointment is on the 26th and I don't want to gain any weight between now and surgery.

What's so strange is that Thanksgiving is very late this year, it's not until Nov. 28th. My pre-op meeting with the surgeon, my last weigh-in, lab work and boot camp are all set up for Nov 27th, the day before Thanksgiving...so technically, I could endulge on Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to... do all that work and then gain weight in the last 2 to 3 days before surgery and take a chance of my liver not been as small as it can be.

I'm going to stick to the program.

What's so strange is that Thanksgiving is very late this year' date=' it's not until Nov. 28th. My pre-op meeting with the surgeon, my last weigh-in, lab work and boot camp are all set up for Nov 27th, the day before Thanksgiving...so technically, I could endulge on Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to... do all that work and then gain weight in the last 2 to 3 days before surgery and take a chance of my liver not been as small as it can be. I'm going to stick to the program.[/quote']

I'm also on the 2nd, my liquid diet starts the 23rd. I also am sticking to the plan for thanksgiving. It's gonna be tough but I'm focused!!!!

AtlantaRed' date=' you are so sweet to watch out for me!! Yay, I have a surgery buddy :)

DeezJeanz, we will have all these December people go before us so they give us advice and what to expect! We can be the Caboose of the group and bring in the end of the month and year!!![/quote']

Hey there Els n glad to b your caboose buddy:)) And I agree, what a way to say goodbye to the old and hello to our new healthy lives. Can't wait to cheer us all on and encourage as needed awa b cheered on nd encouraged. When do u do ur preop diet, if any? Gl Decemberssss!

Finally got a date. After trying to jump through insurance hoops since March, I got denied. Cash pay now. December 9th. Yay!

Hey there Els n glad to b your caboose buddy:)) And I agree' date=' what a way to say goodbye to the old and hello to our new healthy lives. Can't wait to cheer us all on and encourage as needed awa b cheered on nd encouraged. When do u do ur preop diet, if any? Gl Decemberssss![/quote']

My surgeon requires a 2 week Protein Shake only diet. Then day before surgery Clear Liquids only. So my biggest hurdle will be Christmas. But, I figure I'll be 10 days in on diet so it might be easier since I'll be over the initial cranky withdrawal stage :)

How about your preop?

My surgeon requires a 2 week Protein Shake only diet. Then day before surgery clear liquids only. So my biggest hurdle will be Christmas. But' date=' I figure I'll be 10 days in on diet so it might be easier since I'll be over the initial cranky withdrawal stage :)

How about your preop?[/quote']

Well, just lmk how I may help u, if need be. I also have a 2 week liq of Protein Drinks, Jello, clear broths, n sf popsicles. Just based on my own count, I assume the 16th - 29th shud b when I start. He shud lmk for sure on the 13th which is the preop with him. They said I wi.t know the time of surgery until the day b4. Do UK yet? So, we will b rowing n the same boat:).

Well' date=' just lmk how I may help u, if need be. I also have a 2 week liq of Protein drinks, Jello, clear broths, n sf popsicles. Just based on my own count, I assume the 16th - 29th shud b when I start. He shud lmk for sure on the 13th which is the preop with him. They said I wi.t know the time of surgery until the day b4. Do UK yet? So, we will b rowing n the same boat:).[/quote']

We are definitely in the same boat! I don't know the time of surgery either. From what they told me they prioritize the people in order taking people with diabetes and sugar issues first. I'm hoping it's in the morning bc I would love to only spend 1 night at the hospital. Have you completed all your requirements? I have finished all but 1 NUT visit which is next week. Praying the next 8 weeks fly by.....I'm soooo READY!!!

Finally got a date. After trying to jump through insurance hoops since March' date=' I got denied. Cash pay now. December 9th. Yay![/quote']

Welcome to out December group! Congrats on your date! I will add you to the list tonight!

Stinks about the insursnce!!

Ok, I added Andrew (fpmr96a) to Dec 10 (yay now there are 2) and mscognac504 to the unknown date list.

I find it odd that we have 83 December people yet only 68 people following this thread! I wonder if they changed their minds, changed their dates or don't like us? Hmm....

Hopefully I get to update again tomorrow with MY date!!

Got my Upper GI and EKG and that's all!

The radiologist said the upper GI was clear. Doctor's office said they would get the results this afternoon and the surgeon should sign off tonight and I should get a call from the scheduler tomorrow!

Maybe they don't know how to "follow" a thread and just search for it? :rolleyes:

I hope you get your date of December 5th so we can be sleeve sisters!!

I'm with you Blondiee - my pre-op appointment is on the 25th. My surgeon is only having me do a 2 day pre-op clear liquid diet and told me he just doesn't want me to gain between the time he and I met (early Sept) and the date of surgery. Right now I think I am one pound up over what I weighed then but that could be just Water. Ideally my goal is to take a few pounds off between now and surgery just to get myself on the right track.

That's exactly what my surgeon said...don't gain any weight between then and now. His nurse told me he's the type that will cancel your surgery if you gain.

Hi Sleeve Family....(because after all, we are one big family now!)

I just wanted to touch base with everyone and say hello! I keep being more and more amazed at how many sleevers we have for December, and love the interaction, support, and encouragment I see here with the December sleevers.

Atlanta you are doing an amazing job keeping the list up to date! It's quite a job with so many sleevers getting their dates, and you have been fantastic!

I'm working really hard to start 'following the rules' that I will live by post-op - separating liquids from meals, chewing until applesauce consistency, etc...as well as I am starting to incorporate more 'pre-op liquid diet' items into my daily routine. I officially start my liquid diet on December 4, so I thought that it would be a good idea to find out what kind of crystal light I will drink (I don't like flavored water, so i thought it best I start early on that). I tried Grape today and I can tolerate it probably better than other flavors.

Anyway...I just wanted to say hello, welcome all of the new December sleevers who have joined the family and look forward to reading all about your journies! Best wishes to all of you!