Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is on your menu today 5 weeks out?

Was 5 weeks out on Monday and am needing some menu ideas. I am curious to see see what others at this point are eating and their menu. I have been on soft foods now for one week and have been given the ok as of today to advance and try foods as tolerated. Please share your menu. Thanks!

At 5 weeks, my diet revolved around refried beans/salsa mixed browned turkey hamburger cooked with onions and beef bullion - boiled eggs and Protein Drinks. My diet is pretty boring. The upside is it doesn't encourage overeating. :-P

I'm just at 6 weeks and am eating lots of fish, deli meat, eggs, and even un-puréed turkey chili. I can eat 1 cup of chili. I'm also eating at least 1-2 Greek yogurts each day. Proteins shakes 4-4 days per week.

Was 5 weeks out on Monday and am needing some menu ideas. I am curious to see see what others at this point are eating and their menu. I have been on soft foods now for one week and have been given the ok as of today to advance and try foods as tolerated. Please share your menu. Thanks!

I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow and am on soft foods. Right now, Greek yogurt is my favorite. It goes down nice & smooth, 3 oz and 8 grams of Protein. I start the day with that, and then for lunch or dinner might have an ounce of chicken breast with green Beans, or a turkey slice with a little bit of cheese. I haven't branched out too much yet, I'm sticking to the things I know go down well. I like Soups too, minestrone (without the noodles), veggie Soup, Soups with chicken & Beans.< /p>

Went to my 5 wk checkup today and my Dr. told me I could eat just about anything (except the usual, Pasta, bread, rice, etc.) I eat a lot of cheese, chicken, tuna, eggs, even have tried steak with no problem. I try to eat a few steamed veggies with my meal, I've even made a small salad with chicken on top. Just use good judgement and make smart choices.

Was is your average daily calorie intake at this point? Thx

Mine right now at 4 weeks is 400-500 a day.

Im 5 weeks out. The usual for the most part lol eggs, chicken, lettuce & chicken, chili, Protein bars, string cheese, sf fudge pops, yogurt.

I tried a 1/4 of a really really toasted grilled cheese sand. (using light 45 calorie bread) and that went down well. I also made nachos one night Using baked chips 8?, canned chicken (1/2 can), a serving of shredded cheese, and light sour cream. It gave me 19g. Protein (I had a LOT of calories left that day when I made those) and they went down very well (baked at 405 for 5-8 minutes)

I am 3 weeks and was told I couldn't have any fruits, vegetables, or carbs till November 17th. So for now dairy meats and seafood

I am 3 weeks and was told I couldn't have any fruits, vegetables, or carbs till November 17th. So for now dairy meats and seafood

Im 5 weeks out. The usual for the most part lol eggs, chicken, lettuce & chicken, chili, Protein Bars, string cheese, sf fudge pops, yogurt.

I tried a 1/4 of a really really toasted grilled cheese sand. (using light 45 calorie bread) and that went down well. I also made nachos one night Using baked chips 8?, canned chicken (1/2 can), a serving of shredded cheese, and light sour cream. It gave me 19g. Protein (I had a LOT of calories left that day when I made those) and they went down very well (baked at 405 for 5-8 minutes)

What kind of baked chips did you use?

Baked tostitos. I normally take a flat out though and cut it up and bake those. Yummy Protein filled chips :) I just happen to be out of those right now.

550-650 per day..... 60 grams Protein, 1-2 servings of fruit and occasional vegetable. About 70 grams carbs. I'm 7 weeks out

Edited by Peggy 53

Im four weeks out and I cant eat much still. I cant eat a whole greek yogurt. Its seems like I can only eat about maybe three table spoons of food and I still cant always tell when I'm full. How can I tell? Im worried about stretching my stomach. Ive thrown up twice.

Im four weeks out and I cant eat much still. I cant eat a whole greek yogurt. Its seems like I can only eat about maybe three table spoons of food and I still cant always tell when I'm full. How can I tell? Im worried about stretching my stomach. Ive thrown up twice.

How long did it take u to get to the point of surgery? From seminar to surgery?? What was ur diet like before?