Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is on your menu today 5 weeks out?

Tiny

I can tell when I am full because I start to get some pressure under my diaphragm.

I really do NOT want to throw up!!! Please tell me how you know you are full!

I'm 4 weeks out and average about 800-1000 calories a day. I don't know what has happened, but it seems like overnight I've gone from not being able to eat much, to being able to stomach 3 inches of Mousaka, roast meat in gravy with Veg, Beef ragu, two roasted chicken drum sticks (although that took 2 hours to consume), meatballs, deli meats, tortilla stuffed with deli meat and lettuce and tomatoes (half at a time), chicken kiev. lamb shank, pork fillet, lamb kebab with hummus and salad, sambusek (which aren't very healthy, but oh so good), salad, dim sum, prawns, steamed fish fillet. I'm having all sorts of things now. My diet is varied, balanced and becoming tastier by the day. I'm probably not doing as well as I could be on keeping it 'fat free', but I think my body needs the good fats to help it repair more effectively from the surgery. I'm also moving away from the Protein shakes. They're a good back up, but I can get a lot of my nutrients from food. Not hitting the 90gr or Protein a day - but I'm working on it. I'm certainly eating more Protein now than I ever did before the surgery. I'm hoping that stands me in good stead for the hair loss issues...

As for things I can't eat...I struggle with cheese, red and white wine, sometimes tomatoes, raw onions and bread sits in my stomach a bit like a brick - but I can eat it if I want, but it's not really clever to...Same deal with Pasta. Which, I used to love, but is almost a waste of space in my stomach. I also don't tolerate rich, sweet sweets all that well... So cream based products are out.. chocolate... I don't have a major sweet tooth though, so it's all good and doesn't bother me. Can't wait to be able to add some spice back into my food though. I'm craving a mushroom bahji with extra roasted whole chili!

Feeling good :)

I'm 4 weeks out and average about 800-1000 calories a day. I don't know what has happened' date=' but it seems like overnight I've gone from not being able to eat much, to being able to stomach 3 inches of Mousaka, roast meat in gravy with Veg, Beef ragu, two roasted chicken drum sticks (although that took 2 hours to consume), meatballs, deli meats, tortilla stuffed with deli meat and lettuce and tomatoes (half at a time), chicken kiev. lamb shank, pork fillet, lamb kebab with hummus and salad, sambusek (which aren't very healthy, but oh so good), salad, dim sum, prawns, steamed fish fillet. I'm having all sorts of things now. My diet is varied, balanced and becoming tastier by the day. I'm probably not doing as well as I could be on keeping it 'fat free', but I think my body needs the good fats to help it repair more effectively from the surgery. I'm also moving away from the Protein Shakes. They're a good back up, but I can get a lot of my nutrients from food. Not hitting the 90gr or Protein a day - but I'm working on it. I'm certainly eating more protein now than I ever did before the surgery. I'm hoping that stands me in good stead for the Hair loss issues... As for things I can't eat...I struggle with cheese, red and white wine, sometimes tomatoes, raw onions and bread sits in my stomach a bit like a brick - but I can eat it if I want, but it's not really clever to...Same deal with Pasta. Which, I used to love, but is almost a waste of space in my stomach. I also don't tolerate rich, sweet sweets all that well... So cream based products are out.. chocolate... I don't have a major sweet tooth though, so it's all good and doesn't bother me. Can't wait to be able to add some spice back into my food though. I'm craving a mushroom bahji with extra roasted whole chili! Feeling good :)[/quote'] madam. How r the reflux issues?

madam. How r the reflux issues?

They're not too bad, thank you for asking. Some days I'm good, some days I'm like 'uh oh.. maybe need to take a food break for a few hours'.. I have not had a repeat performance of the awful bile inhalation in the morning - so I guess the nil by mouth for 3 hours before bed and the elevated sleeping position, must be doing its thang. :)

I'm at 6 weeks now. Typical foods are chicken, fish, lunch meat, cheese, greek yogurt, (still) a Protein shake in the morning, low carb oatmeal occasionally, and I found this awesome low-carb, low-sugar & low calorie apple juice that I was pretty excited about.

As far as calories, I struggle with that. I avg. probably 400. I wish it was a bit more because I feel like that would help with the weight loss...but that is about what I can do.

Hmmm.... I'm 3 & 1/2 weeks out now & on soft foods. I always start with a Protein Shake, then maybe 2-3 oz of tuna or an egg with a couple of tablespoons of applesauce of cottage cheese for lunch, or a Greek yogurt. I find that I can now eat up to about 3 oz of chicken with about 1-2 oz of a cooked veg at dinner. Maybe a light string cheese for a snack. I've actually eaten almost a whole weight control oatmeal (prepackaged) if I'm hungry for a carb fix... Averaging between 550-750 calories per day. I definitely feel full when I'm done, but I can also eat a whole 6 oz Greek Light & Fit yogurt slowly, but at one sitting. Never had any pain or nausea with anything I've tried, everything seems to be going down easy- but really should I be feeling more full sooner at this point?