Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body image - I did something today that shocked me...

Thank you for the compliments' date=' but I have long suspected that Target dressing rooms have magical mirros - how else can you explain those terrible pants I bought last summer...lol.

In all seriousness, plastics is SERIOUS business and I wouldn't do it if i didn't need it. What those pics dont really show is that when I sit down, my tummy lays on top of my thighs. My thighs and arms are wrinkled like an elephant legs. I can go on.

Most of my "close up and horribly real" photos are not edited for modesty but, I have a couple that will give a more accurate representation of the situation. What my photos DO SHOW is that working out pays off and I believe I have a good chance of having good results from plastics because the frame underneath is in decent shape.

[/quote']

I think that you are so right in the statement that you will have good results!

You are strong and fit and that shows! I'm very excited to see your afters.

And lol elephant legs! Yes I know what you're talking about :D to well...

My legs look like that but still big too..

I can take a good pic that hides the flaws and I know that because people say things like oh look at your arms!! Lol!! yeah they do look good in that picture but that's not the true story of the flappy bat wings in real life :P

Good luck to you Jane.

Oh and your stomach! I see no scars!!

Lucky mine are dark and raised really bad!

You are going to rock a bikini girl!!!

hehe Laura - years of watching America's Top Model and i did learn a few things. I know my shoulders and outer arms are my best feature... so... lean that just slightly toward the camera and the picture looks better. The "real" ones I posted were emphasizing the problem areas... and frankly are more accurate.

I so far, knock on wood, am lucky with scarring - the worst is the stretch marks from pregnancy and obesity! I pray that holds true after plastics - that the scars fade well. I have discussed this with my boyfriend but deep down i do have a fear that he will be repulsed by them even though he says the right things about it now. Post plastic scars can be pretty ugly the first 3-6 even 12 months. Women in my plastics support group have been dumped over their scars by someone who had previously expressed undying love...lol... so I know this could happen. It sounds shallow, but people can't help it if they are repulsed and men tend to be very visual - so i just can't let it worry me. I am doing this for ME not for anyone else. It is like getting rid of those 3X sweatpants - they just don't fit my life anymore.

Lol avid top model watcher here too! :P

And when taking a pic?? It's about taking ten and picking the best one :D

It's hard to believe a man would dump a woman over scars.. But I guess there are people out there like that (men and woman).

But if someone were to do that? They are not worth your love and devotion anyway!

Jane, I really think you are going to be very happy with your PS results.

Your tummy is a lot flatter than mine pre TT and from what I can tell it is mostly skin that you are concerned about. Seriously, you are going to be soooo happy!

Keep us posted on your journey, I know it is very different for everyone.

I am really pleased with my TT and BL and would love to get the arms looked at, but I know I can't afford any more, so I am dealing with it and dressing wisely!

You really do look great and should be very proud of yourself! Well done you x

I very much appreciate your posting the new pics as well. It really helps to know what's in store. I can not get over the muscles in your back and arms! Very impressive. Very keen to see the new you after surgery! You're almost there right? 1-2 weeks? or sooner?

Oct 14 - and I am pretty amped... both excited and freaked out... but i will make it.

I honestly had no idea i had muscle definition like that. Using the 5:2 I got a few more pounds off which revealed more under the hood. I don't lift, I do high intensity calestinic stuff like boot camps, julian michales, "ripped in 30 days" but it took me alot longer then 30 days..haha. I suspect genetics have something to do with it. My dad was one of those shorter but really thick built guys - lots of natural muscle mass under his layers of fat (thanks dad for passing down more then the fat gene!)

BTW, in case that photo scares any ladies... I have to tense up to get that look. When relaxed, my arms and back just look toned, not all muscled like that so don't freak out. I personally LOVE the fit woman look , but I know it isn't every woman's idea of beauty. Muscles help you maintain weight loss... they are a good thing.

Are you having a full BL or just TT? You look great, Girl!

Fabulous work and I'm happy for you and encouraged by your great example.

Are you having a full BL or just TT? You look great' date=' Girl![/quote']

Full body lift...boob fixing and upper arms.

I tried on and bought a bikini. Not to be ever seen in public...hahaha... but for my plastics before and afters. I was thinking I would die when I saw the photos' date=' but you know what, I am proud of my body even with the extra skin! I didn't really think that way until today. I even did a couple of muscle woman poses to show off what I know is hiding under that skin.[/quote']

Omg. You look sooooo amazing !!! R u serious ahhhhh I love it!!! Thank u so much for sharing with us I'm 11 months out and just starting to get definition strong. U look great and just gave me that extra push!!! Congrats on your plastics happy and excited for you!!

Hmm, I don't have access to videos or boot camp classes, but I want guns like those!! After being ill and having a procedure done and readjusting to life here AND getting a cold, I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 months D: ! I want to get back into lifting but don't know where to begin, since I now have all the muscle tone of a veal calf. D:

Jane - after following your posts and now seeing the pictures - WOW! You look fantastic! You look lean, athletic, and SEXY BABY! Lol!

Understandable that you would want the plastics to show off what you have worked hard to get...way to go! I'm really excited to see your results! Again, congrats!

Do you have access to a gym?

I think I saw someone giving you advice about doing compound lifts. That is what makes crossfit and Julian DVDs work... every move engages multiple muscles at once. Julian focuses alot on engaging your core and abs ALL the time. I do her kickboxing one too and even that one really uses your whole body but you have to really focus on isolating those muscles. Like, when I do the kicks, I feel it in the legs, butt, abs, everything...when I do the punches, I really do them with strength, like I am really punching something. I would dig doing boxing but I am afraid of getting hit back..haha

I can't begin to tell how much faster the results happen doing compound over single exercises. Like, I would never waste time doing bicep curls. There are so many exercises that work the arm, shoulders etc along with the biceps. Planks work so much of the body. My nemesis is pushups. I can do them brilliantly from the knees...haha. From the toes, using correct form, I can only get a few in before collapsiing in a pool of sweat - they are really hard for me. What I do is do as many as I can, and then revert to the knees OR revert to doing them down only, hit the ground, and start over. The idea is if you can do half the move, you are building up toward doing the whole thing.

Although the photos don't show it due to layers of cellulite and skin, my legs are what are really muscular. Always have been from toting around 300# me. Plastics wont fix that to the point where they can be seen, BUT, my calves are toned and defined - they actually were when I was fat too. I am your classic apple and carried all my weight in my gut, back and inner thighs. For once in my life that has turned into a benefit... the parts of the body that are visible (arms, calves, uppper chest) are thin and not jiggly.

Anyway, what I am coming to realize with muscle toning is that simple good ole calestinic type exercises is alot more effective then anything I ever learned at a gym using weight machines. I don't really know why I don't get great results from the machines, but when I join a gym again in January, I may do free weights, but I am done wasting time on those machines. I am more likely to do boot camp/cross fit style again.

I think I also mentioned that I have been getting into dancing. I am socially awkward about dancing. Being fat my whole life I never really practiced at it and I have that whole "white girls can't dance" think going on. So, I started out thinking if I could just practice basic stuff int he privacy of my living room, then when I take dance lessons next year I won't feel quite so stupid. Seriously, I am so slow to pickup dance moves, I feel really dumb about it. What I discovered is that youtube is FULL of learn to dance but also exercise videos based on salsa and hip hop dance moves - most are 10-20 minutes long. The belly dancing ones I found were an hour and let me tell you - that was harder then I expected! I don't get a big workout from the dance videos, but I use them as "fun" warmups and for extra "movement" when the mood strikes me. I am going to do more of the belly dancing ones and if I bond with them over time, I might actually consider taking a belly dancing class too - just makes you feel good!

the last few weeks i have been working out alot trying to burn off nervous energy...however, in general, I work out 30-60 minutes maybe 4-5 days a week, plus my farm chores. You do NOT have to live in the gym to tone up - you just have to work really focused and intensely.

BTW, I started out doing long duration, lower intensity workouts because when you are obese, that is a safer place to start and burns alot of calories. HIIT or any kind of high intensity stuff should be worked up to so you don't hurt yourself.

Hmm, I don't have access to videos or boot camp classes, but I want guns like those!! After being ill and having a procedure done and readjusting to life here AND getting a cold, I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 months D: ! I want to get back into lifting but don't know where to begin, since I now have all the muscle tone of a veal calf. D:

Full body lift...boob fixing and upper arms.

Lovely! And you will def be when it's all over with! Do u have people lined up to help you during recovery? I hope!!!!!!