Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woman to hand out 'obesity letter' to overweight trick-or-treaters

Unreal.....This woman's house is going to get egged for sure!! What nerve....

http://www.wcvb.com/...hannel+5+boston

This woman apparently has no idea how devastatingly hurtful she is about to be. I hope she decides to simply keep her light off. Handing out notes will only do damage to everyone involved.

Can you imagine being the "skinny" kid going trick or treating with your "fat" friend...and you get candy, but she/he gets a note?? Once again creating divisiveness instead of compassion.

This woman will be bringing hell right to her doorstep if she proceeds.

She needs to keep her opinion (as she calls it) in her own home and off our children!

I wish I lived there. I haven't egged a house since I was a teenager.

The more I think about this, the madder I get. This woman, Cheryl, is making a lot of assumptions and then handing out her own "solution" based on those assumptions.

Halloween is a FUN, social holiday and dressing up is more than half the fun!

An example: Kids with diabetes can dress up and go trick or treating just for the fun of doing that with their friends, with the full knowledge that they won't be eating what they collect. Maybe they'll use it to bribe an older sibling? or to temporarily be everybody's best friend sharing their bounty!

Kids who are overweight usually already have a stigma and are often treated differently from kids who are slender. Wearing a costume for Halloween can be an opportunity to level the playing field for an evening. To be someone you're not! To have a short escape from being viewed differently by others.

Cheryl seems to have a mean streak that she may not even be aware of. And she promotes her own acting out as a caring thing to do. Wow. She is completely out of touch.

Right now, I'd gladly sacrifice a dozen eggs, shaving cream, and a roll of TP and make a visit to her house in the night.

When all is said and done, it is horribly sad that someone would even come up with the idea of handing out a note about obesity to a heavy child (or their parents) and to basically point her nasty finger at a child who is joining in the fun of the holiday. Maybe someone could dress up as a snapping turtle and snap that finger right off her hand!

Since Cheryl's plan was apparently on the news, maybe enough people will write in about the sheer cruelty of it that she will change her mind.

~hiddn~

i betcha a million that she is the one in the fast lane being the speed police. but as parents we have a choice. don't take your children to her house. i remember my mom when the church asked all members to put religious tracks in bags instead of candy. my mom refused. she said that halloween and every other holiday is a chance to Celebrate and have fun and we have so little time for fun. i love my mom. she is a very wise woman.

What is a religious track?

Basically it is a pamphlet used to push an Agenda whether it be political or religious.

This letter is totally uncalled for and inappropriate. This woman has NO idea why these "obese" children are obese. It could be a medical condition, or some other issue that that child is dealing with.

I can't believe the thought of some people, I am SURE those kids know they are overweight, they don't need a stranger to tell them that.

Let those children enjoy Halloween like other children, I guess this woman feels that Overweight children don't "deserve" treats...

Also if they are fat today, does not mean they will be fat in the future, how dare she...this woman would not last in some neighborhoods...LOL.

I am SURE those kids know they are overweight, they don't need a stranger to tell them that.

Agreed!! And you can bet if they're overweight then they're already hearing about it from other kids their age and possibly being bullied. This woman may think she is doing the right thing with the best intentions but clearly she has not thought this through.

She is a publicity seeking non-relevant fool ! Who is she to judge CHILDREN? At least these kids are getting out and walking and getting some exercise while trick or treating!

HOW DARE SHE!

Lol, I saw this on the news today (I live in Mass)...and I would be horrified if my son got a "note" instead of the expected candy. But if she felt this strongly about it, why not hand out carrot sticks, granola bars or apple slices to everyone (not just the fat kids). This way she can hand out her FYI propaganda along with a healthy alternative to candy.

a little leaflet that explains how to give your heart to Jesus.

Oh I saY HER HOUSE IS GOING TO BE TOILET PAPERED! (Oops sorry about the caps)).