Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision Surgery - Band With Plication Set For My Birthday!

I am scheduled to have my revision surgery (band with plication) on November 14th, a birthday present to myself. I have already had 1 slip repair surgery and I think this will be my last attempt. I've been reading a lot of success stories on different forums and decided to go with band and plication surgery. I absolutely love my band and hate that it slipped. I guess I just wanted to get some reassurance from people who have had the band with plication or plication surgery. I'm a little afraid of the plication only because its new to me, but I felt the exact same way before I had my lap band surgery. Any response is welcomed.

I am scheduled to have my revision surgery (band with plication) on November 14th' date=' a birthday present to myself. I have already had 1 slip repair surgery and I think this will be my last attempt. I've been reading a lot of success stories on different forums and decided to go with band and plication surgery. I absolutely love my band and hate that it slipped. I guess I just wanted to get some reassurance from people who have had the band with plication or plication surgery. I'm a little afraid of the plication only because its new to me, but I felt the exact same way before I had my lap band surgery. Any response is welcomed.

[/quote']

Hello and happy birthday to you! My plication surgery is dec 3, you might have better luck on the lb forum. I have come across many people there who have had lb and plication. Not sure why but this forum is a little slow:( good luck with your revision:)

Hello, I too had a slipped band and had revision w/plication about 11 days ago. I have started to eat mushies and I have plenty of restriction and my band dosen't even have any saline! I get full with about 3/4 cup of contents! I love this! I wish you luck and if have any questions......don't hesitate!

Ray

I had my banded plication in July of this year and it is wonderful. No problems so far and agree with RayLandry about serving size. I also have had no saline in my band.

I think I have the super-sleeve because I can eat almost anything, I only have minor problems with eggs. But my bariatric surgeon said that is very common. Hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity, what do eggs do to you? Boiled, scrambled, fried?

How much weight have you lost so far?

I think about 10lbs. To tell you the truth, I am not really too concerned about weight loss untill I can eat real food and exercise like I want to. This weight loss now is not the kind of weight loss that I am looking for. I know that sounds crazy but I want to maintain muscle mass.

That's good for 11 days. Please keep me posted I'm sure I will have more questions as my surgery date gets closer.

So those of you with an empty band, would that be compared to those of us that have ( am getting) the plication? I guess you wouldn't really know if you have both lol. I'm just wondering if the feeling

Of restriction (feeling full quicker) continues in after months years etc with the plication?

Bos123, I will try and answer your question the best way that I can. Now this is MY thoughts on this. Others may feel different. I was banded 7 years ago and when the band and I were in complete harmony, it was a feeling of "putting on the brakes"! You suddenly knew and felt when to stop eating or you could get "stuck". Or I could help wash it down with liquids which totally defeats the whole idea and purpose of the band. So far, with my I-Band (band with plication), I am getting a genuine full feeling that comes about gradually. I am only 13 days out of surgery, so perhaps this may change. I hope not! I am getting full on 3/4 - 1 cup of pureeded food! My new band is empty so this is most likely all from the plication! One thing that I am seeing though is that my "fullness" only lasts for about 2-3 hours. Maybe when I start eating foods with more Fiber and substance, the full feeling will last longer. I hope this helps you.

Bos123' date=' I will try and answer your question the best way that I can. Now this is MY thoughts on this. Others may feel different. I was banded 7 years ago and when the band and I were in complete harmony, it was a feeling of "putting on the brakes"! You suddenly knew and felt when to stop eating or you could get "stuck". Or I could help wash it down with liquids which totally defeats the whole idea and purpose of the band. So far, with my I-Band (band with plication), I am getting a genuine full feeling that comes about gradually. I am only 13 days out of surgery, so perhaps this may change. I hope not! I am getting full on 3/4 - 1 cup of pureeded food! My new band is empty so this is most likely all from the plication! One thing that I am seeing though is that my "fullness" only lasts for about 2-3 hours. Maybe when I start eating foods with more fiber and substance, the full feeling will last longer. I hope this helps you.[/quote']

So RayLandry, right now you are just feeling full but eating less, is the feeling uncomfortable?

No not too uncomfortable. I haven't tested my new stomach and really overeaten so it just feels full. Just like you have eaten a big meal. That's the best that I can describe it.

No not too uncomfortable. I haven't tested my new stomach and really overeaten so it just feels full. Just like you have eaten a big meal. That's the best that I can describe it.

Which is just perfect! Thank you ray for sharing. I have another month to go before my plication and I'm sure I will have more questions then!

Well I made it through surgery ok, and I'm at home doing well. I really don't have pain just discomfort from gas, by walking helps with that.