Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster support for us Heathens/Pagans

What is your spiritual Path?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your spiritual Path?

• Wicca
    • Kitchen Witch
    • Buddism
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Native American
    • Druid
    • Kabala
    • Hinduism
    • taoism
    • Hereditary
    • Gardenarians
    • Other: There are TONS more.. but can't think of the names

It was a week before I had a bm and I was slightly constipated but no problem. Then a few days after that my butt exploded LOL. I pooped my pants, honestly. Can't remember the last time I did that... I was sitting and watching tv and then I was sprinting to the bathroom. I cleaned the damp area of the upholstry with my turbo bot and its fine. And I took immodium and that took care of me.

In a completely unrelated topic, I got a new microderm abrasion system. Its Water resistant so I can use it in the shower. I use it all over and I pay special attention to my breasts and my thights and my but and my upper arms and I will do my tummy once the incisions and the blisters are more healed. And its kind of funny. As I massage those areas with it I give my body a pep talk. I tell it you are young and firm and elastic. I remind my skin that it wants to shrink with me. I figure it won't hurt. And my breasts were super smooth afterward :bolt: And I also have some firming lotion. I also hear Vitamin E is supposed help and retinal A. I already have loose crepe like skin on my upper arms so I figure that area might be a losing battle and my nipples get closer to my waist every day, but I figure its important to try and do some damage control here.

I'm healing pretty well. I have class this friday and I feel like I can handle work this weekend (for me it involves sitting and talking, but sitting can be difficult). I swear I have weak butt muscles or need a special pad or something because if I sit in my office chair for just a while my butt starts to hurt. If I sit too long I get knots! In my Butt! When this problem occured I do not know. But I feel its pretty funny although slightly tragic because it is rather uncomfortable. I also wanted to make sure my surgical pain was gone before I tried to work so I could focus on work and not be distracted.

I think this comming weekend I have my women's group meeting again. I think our topic is Herbs. I'm going to bring some of my ginger altoids. I love the things. They are good for me when I go to grocery stores and get innudated with food that all looks good. They are strong flavored and I love ginger. And ginger is good for the tummy unlike mint, so they are a happy thing for me to have on my weight loss journey (I'm a huge fan of ginger in its various forms).

I woud like to be able to take my NSAID again, but I know it is too soon. I can take my opoid, but thats stronger than I need (I have fibro) on a regular basis and I hate to build up a tolerance. But I have these stretches and stuff I am supposed to do that my podiatrist gave me for my high arches cause they hurt when I walk but the stretchs give me cramps and stuff and I'm supposed to use a NSAID or something while I do them and get used the new arch support and it really is painful adjusting but it is supposed to help more long term... we'll see. That is all that is new here. I'm just glad it is spring like outside. I need DH to make me an alter.

I am getting ready to leave work. I'm anxious/nervous and feel silly about feeling so but I can't help it. Today is my post op appointment and 1st fill... as in go into the sorest incision scar I have with a needle appointment :D . It's the unknown part that is getting to me... I mean, I haven't had this part done before and it involves a V. long needle in a sensative spot so I'm being a baby.

I am having to talk myself out of bringing my stuffed moose to cling to desperately as they jab a super long needle into my innards.. Instead, I shall cling to my hubby for dear life, then feel like a two year old when it's over and I discover it wasn't that bad to begin with.:rolleyes

I really NEED this appointment because I can EAT:hungry: I really misbehaved this weekend and though I'm still not totally at the quantity of food I can normally have, I'm still ate more than I should have and I had bread. I had two biscuits yesterday and perchance a slice of brownie....ok.. I had two hunking big pieces of brownie followed by a glass of milk.. ANYwho... As I sit her typing this my stomach is screaming for me to throw it some food and of course.. I can't. I'm not supposed to eat four hours prior so I ate 'brunch' at 10 a.m. to make extra sure my tummy was empty when I got there. Did I remember to ask if I could drink... NNNOOOOO:huytsao .

ok.. assuming I survive and don't faint :faint: and break my neck.. I shall report in more detail than you could ever hope for as soon as I get back.

tootles,

Tracy

Ok. today @ 2:45 was my post op appointment and 1st fill. I walked in, & they weighed me. I was kind of dreading this because 1. It's that 'special' time of the month 2. I've been hungry 3. this weekend, though I still didn't eat volume wise what I normally do, ate things I shouldn't have, like bread and brownies 4. last but not least, I weigh about 4 lbs heavier in the afternoon than I do in the a.m. Water retention I guess.

Much to my delight I have maintained myself at 318.. I was 331.5 on the day of surgery, which means I weighed even more than that before surgery and lost some before because of the hellacious pre-op 'all food is evil so you must drink your meals' diet. So I lost around 20 lbs and have kept it off without gaining any before my fill. From what I've been reading on the forums, some people gain before their 1st fill so HOOfreakinRAH for me!:clap2:

They had a "basket 'o Needles sitting on the desk.. boy that cheered me up and fast.:faint: Todd was like... well look honey.. they aren't THAT big...

Dr. Morton thought my incisions sites looked great and where healing V well. They also thought my matching tie dyed undies/sports bra and socks were a hoot, I informed them that of course, I wore them for this ever so special of occasions. At this point, they had me laying down on the table in my colorful skivies and it occurred to me that this bragging on my homemade undies was a clever ploy for them to distract me from the bee sting of a numbing shot they administered to the incision on my sternum. I think Todd's fingers may still be tingling...:rolleyes but I have to admit.. it was like a baby bee sting and not one of those big A$$ scary bees....

So.. after this he sticks in the saline needle and all I feel is pressure, I was like.. wow, that's kind of weird, he then informed me that he was going to help me SIT UP with said needle protruding from my sternum. uh....:guess

He gave me his hand and helped me sit up.. I didn't pass out or anything! In fact at this point, I didn't feel a thing but I guess my eyes were still bugged out like a fly in a frog pit cause he commented on my expression..:D

It was kind of weird to look down and see a needle sticking out of me but, it didn't hurt:)

They then gave me a cup holding 9 ounces of water and asked me to sip on it. Apparently the band I have holds 4 thingies of saline (cc's maybe?) and while I sat there drank water and burped profusely he put in 2.2 thingies of Fluid. He seemed pretty happy with how it was sounding and he pulled out the needle and slapped on a bandaid. I was like... 'THAT's IT?" As I predicted, I felt silly for being to worked up over this. It all took about 10 minutes from weigh in/strip down to fill up.

I was grinning like a cat in the fish market on the way up front because my stomach had been growling like crazy when I got there and all the sudden.. I was FULL. HOLY CRAP>>>> I went from ravenous beast to pleasantly just ate full.... on 9 ounces of water. NICE. I scheduled my next appointment for 3 weeks from now to weigh in and see if I need more fluid in my band. I am on liquids until wednesday afternoon then I can switch to soft stuff like cottage cheese/apple sauce then gradually at my own pace, work up to real food again.

I am ever so slightly sore now where my port is and he said I might bruise a little. I got a Protein Drink and some veggie juice for supper and right now I'm full as a tick.:)

Well done Syn!

I am only 5 days post op. Had my surgery on 3/29. I am handeling it well now. Thought I was going to die the first couple of days however from the pain meds they were giving me. thank Goddess I figured it out and changed to good old faithful Tylenol.

I am worried about the port fill, but you made it seem like a piece of cake. Maybe not chocolate <my fav>, but possibly a nice spice cake with buttercream <wicked grin>

Thanks for sharing your experience!

BB

Autumn

Thanks for the details!!!!!

Glad it wasn't too painful and I can't wait to feel restriction ;)

two things....

1. Mint IS good for stomach pain and digestion. Peppermint tea is great for flatuance, upset stomach and Constipation. Peppermint essential oil (theraputic grade) diluted in a carrier oil is awesome for stomach gas, cramping and flu-like symptoms. mix about 4-5 drops to a tablespoon olive oil and rub across the stomach area, focusing on your sides where the intestines form hard stools -constipation or cramping, depending on the stomach ailment. Works in about 15 minutes to relieve pain.

2. Please don't waste good money on "miracle" type lotions and such. NOTHING will tighten skin long-term. You can use products that contain hyaluronic acid, like retinol, or certain types of Panthenols to temporarily tighten skin (think preperation H) but it's only short term. Exercise, genetics and sometimes surgery determine how supple your skin will be.

I know this stuff because I am an aromatherapist, herbalist and formulator for my bath and body products business (I also work with chemist/formulators that work for the larger cosmetic houses). If you find a product you want info on, pm me the ingredients and I'll tell you what's there in layman terms!

It was a week before I had a bm and I was slightly constipated but no problem. Then a few days after that my butt exploded LOL. I pooped my pants, honestly. Can't remember the last time I did that... I was sitting and watching tv and then I was sprinting to the bathroom. I cleaned the damp area of the upholstry with my turbo bot and its fine. And I took immodium and that took care of me.

In a completely unrelated topic, I got a new microderm abrasion system. Its Water resistant so I can use it in the shower. I use it all over and I pay special attention to my breasts and my thights and my but and my upper arms and I will do my tummy once the incisions and the blisters are more healed. And its kind of funny. As I massage those areas with it I give my body a pep talk. I tell it you are young and firm and elastic. I remind my skin that it wants to shrink with me. I figure it won't hurt. And my breasts were super smooth afterward ;) And I also have some firming lotion. I also hear Vitamin E is supposed help and retinal A. I already have loose crepe like skin on my upper arms so I figure that area might be a losing battle and my nipples get closer to my waist every day, but I figure its important to try and do some damage control here.

I'm healing pretty well. I have class this friday and I feel like I can handle work this weekend (for me it involves sitting and talking, but sitting can be difficult). I swear I have weak butt muscles or need a special pad or something because if I sit in my office chair for just a while my butt starts to hurt. If I sit too long I get knots! In my Butt! When this problem occured I do not know. But I feel its pretty funny although slightly tragic because it is rather uncomfortable. I also wanted to make sure my surgical pain was gone before I tried to work so I could focus on work and not be distracted.

I think this comming weekend I have my women's group meeting again. I think our topic is Herbs. I'm going to bring some of my ginger altoids. I love the things. They are good for me when I go to grocery stores and get innudated with food that all looks good. They are strong flavored and I love ginger. And ginger is good for the tummy unlike mint, so they are a happy thing for me to have on my weight loss journey (I'm a huge fan of ginger in its various forms).

I woud like to be able to take my NSAID again, but I know it is too soon. I can take my opoid, but thats stronger than I need (I have fibro) on a regular basis and I hate to build up a tolerance. But I have these stretches and stuff I am supposed to do that my podiatrist gave me for my high arches cause they hurt when I walk but the stretchs give me cramps and stuff and I'm supposed to use a NSAID or something while I do them and get used the new arch support and it really is painful adjusting but it is supposed to help more long term... we'll see. That is all that is new here. I'm just glad it is spring like outside. I need DH to make me an alter.

two things....

1. Mint IS good for stomach pain and digestion. Peppermint tea is great for flatuance, upset stomach and Constipation. Peppermint essential oil (theraputic grade) diluted in a carrier oil is awesome for stomach gas, cramping and flu-like symptoms. mix about 4-5 drops to a tablespoon olive oil and rub across the stomach area, focusing on your sides where the intestines form hard stools -constipation or cramping, depending on the stomach ailment. Works in about 15 minutes to relieve pain.

2. Please don't waste good money on "miracle" type lotions and such. NOTHING will tighten skin long-term. You can use products that contain hyaluronic acid, like retinol, or certain types of Panthenols to temporarily tighten skin (think preperation H) but it's only short term. Exercise, genetics and sometimes surgery determine how supple your skin will be.

I know this stuff because I am an aromatherapist, herbalist and formulator for my bath and body products business (I also work with chemist/formulators that work for the larger cosmetic houses). If you find a product you want info on, pm me the ingredients and I'll tell you what's there in layman terms!

awesome thanks!!!!

WHOOWEEEah_shock.gif WHAT an afternoon. I have been sipping on stuff at work like veggie juice and coffee. I left to go pick up hubby for his nose appointment and grabbed a Naked Protein juice drink out of the fridge. It's about a 14 oz bottle and has almost 40 grms of protein in it. I started sip/drinking it and about 20 minutes later probably had about 2 ounces of it left, then OH MY GOD... weirdness. I don't even know if I can begin to describe it, but obviously I drank to much of it. It didn't occur to me that I should go over 8 or 9 ounces because, well, it's liquid.. it will run right through right? Well I guess not. I was V. uncomfy for about an HOUR. slight nausea but not overwhealming, felt like I had gas and trapped air, slightly sweaty, sitting down was not comfy AT ALL so I was standing/pacing and bending. we finally got home and I stripped down went upstairs, go a cold wash rag turned the fan on high and laid down on a slight incline until it passed. wow.

Moral of the story... even when drinking... drink/sip SMALL amounts and not in a hurry... it sneaks up on you. I'm supposed to start eating tomorrow and now I'm slightly paranoid about it but I'm sure I'll be fine. Tell you what.. I'd rather over do it and learn on liquid than actual food.< img src="http://www.caloriesperhour.com/forums/images/emoticons/aj_confused.gif" alt="aj_confused.gif" /> I'm still pretty gassy feeling but after the worst was over I went outside and walked for about 10 minutes and that made me feel better as well. I can tell right now, this band/tool will most def be a success. NICE.

Walked about 45 minutes during my lunch break. I am on liquids until this evening when I can convert to mushies. When I came back in I drank some Protein stuff by bolthouse farms.. probably about 9 ounces or so and now my freaking chest is tight again. This is going to take some getting used to and I have got to learn to start SMALL and work my way up. I'm not bad like yesterday but this is fairly uncomfortable which means... IT"S WORKING after only one fill. Of course he said the fill can cause slight swelling which is why liquids for two days so It may relax up some but.. this is how it works. I was just kind of surprised because I have read a lot of comments about the 1st fill not really working. Maybe it's the size of my band and the fac that it only holds 4 thingies and he put in 2.2. I actually think I will bust out of 300 by the end of the month!!! ag_tongue.gif

two things....

Taking mint orally should be avoided on a regular basis because mint can lead to reflux. While it does help short term, after a while it acts to loosen the esophagial valve. Ginger is better for longer term or regular usage. I learned that from my gastro at mayo.< /p>

My 1st fill is W O R K I N G

I have the small band (4) and doc put in 2.2 and OH man does it work.

I am 6 weeks post op today & one week one day post 1st fill. I've lost 10 pounds JUST SINCE my fill, yet I am still able to eat and not feel cheated!!!!:clap2:

I am right now, on the back side of my 1st pb:sick (productive burpzf_skull.gif)

My hubby travels and is out of town this week. by the time 4 came around I was REALLY ai_chewing.gifhungry:hungry: and so far for the day I had only consumed about 400 c's not including coffeefe_coffee.gif.

I was in the mood for chicken so I stopped at KFC's and got a drumstick and a thigh. about three bites before I stopped, I remember thinking, I'm not hungry so I should stop... but my ao_devil.gifhead hungerao_devil.gif was like.. but wait.. you aren't FULL yet.. just a few more bites.

Well, Three bites later the PB startedah_shock.gif. All this of course while I'm trying to drive a stick shift home on a 25 minute drive of course. Thank goodess I followed a thread on my lap band forum by the name "Flaming Golf Ball From #%@&!" we_star_shooting.gif where people tell different PB stories and jokingly/seriously suggested keeping bottle_water.gifbottles/papertowels and glass_water.gifcups in your vehicle for just such an occasion.

I bought some Vitamin Water and left two of the empty bottle_water.gifbottle_water.gifbottles in the truck just in case, even though I was like.. xc_ribbon.gifi won't need these because I'll stop before it's to late...xc_ribbon.gif

Famous

Last

Words.

am_nono.gifAll the freaking way home I was having to spit profusely into my bottle and a few times a little chicken would come up with it.aj_confused.gif This started about 4:20 and though I feel better, my chest is still tight.

It was/is such a surreal al_dizzy.gifexperience, I wasn't 'throwing up' it was just coming.. cm_snail.gifgently and my chest was NOT HAPPYan_angry.gif.

ANYwho. Lesson learned. I don't have to be STUFFED to quit eating. 1st impressions/instinct..if you think you should stop,,, then by god stop already.

Now, for the weird part. This PB (productive burp) gives me hope. This really is going to work for me and not just to take the weight off, but more importantly KEEP IT OFFxl_thumbsup.gif. Unless you have a thing for slime covered food ak_crying.gifyou have already chewed and swalloed ending up in your pie hole, you will NOT over eat.

'nough said

cf_chicken.gif

I'm so happy to hear your first fill is working, but a big :hug: for the PB! I hope to never experience that :lol:

congrats on your first PB! Its not a happy thing. Or a pleasant one. But now that it is over you no longer need to fear the PB beastie.

Wow, I didn't see this thread? Shame on me!

I am a proud wiccan. Born a witchlette. I have been solitary or "solitary family" my entire life. I am primarily into Moon Magick and Fairie Magick. I hold the sabbats but I generally Celebrate them during the christian holidays. I raise my child as wiccan but allow freedom of choice and expose him to other religions. He has the freedom to choose whatever he wants. So far, he chooses to be an unpracticing wiccan. He sometimes joins circle but very rarely.

And get this.... I am working at a school that is primarily Mormon and High Christian. Envy me? I bet not!

Wow, I didn't see this thread? Shame on me!

I am a proud wiccan. Born a witchlette. I have been solitary or "solitary family" my entire life. I am primarily into Moon Magick and Fairie Magick. I hold the sabbats but I generally Celebrate them during the christian holidays. I raise my child as wiccan but allow freedom of choice and expose him to other religions. He has the freedom to choose whatever he wants. So far, he chooses to be an unpracticing wiccan. He sometimes joins circle but very rarely.

And get this.... I am working at a school that is primarily Mormon and High Christian. Envy me? I bet not!

Welcome sister!

T