Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster support for us Heathens/Pagans

What is your spiritual Path?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your spiritual Path?

• Wicca
    • Kitchen Witch
    • Buddism
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Native American
    • Druid
    • Kabala
    • Hinduism
    • taoism
    • Hereditary
    • Gardenarians
    • Other: There are TONS more.. but can't think of the names

I hope you get this before you go to bed. You'll be great. If you can.. soak.. take a 'ritual' bath and stay in the tub while you let the Water out. visualize the water going down the drain as your anxious/worries and pain or any negativity at all. I'll be thinking of you. Please post as SOON as you can.

:hug:

T

I go in early tomorrow for the band. I think tonight I might do a little meditation rituatl... just a small salt circle and a candle and myself. I do that sometimes. Helps me refocus. I have a brigids flame candle that I am fond of. Might use that.

today, my bandster friends, i can eat REAL food. for Breakfast i had a hardboiled egg. i've read that some people have problems with scrambled eggs, and i prefer hard boiled anyhow, so i gave it a go. and YUM! i chewed it to mush (not that that is too difficult) and took lil bites. of course now i'm thirsty from the salt, but no water! next meal, lunch. can't wait!!! :clap2: :hungry: :clap2: :hungry: :clap2:

edit for P.S. if i ever see Soup again, it wil be TOO SOON!!!

Yay Silray... Stuff you can CHEW! :clap2:

Here's hoping Kyethra is done with her procedure and doing well :(

Well poke a badger with a spoon :phanvan I was worried about not getting a fill until 3/27 well, now it's not until 4/2. That's one day short of 5 weeks. whew... give me the strength to control myself for that long. I think I'll be ok but I'm afraid overdoing it once is all that it will take... hopefully that knowledge will keep me in line.

I just stumbled on this thread, and think it is GREAT!

Me, well...... mainly grew up in a Christian / Baptist church, married in a Nazarene church.... Divorced in a Courthouse LOL.. I do believe in God, and well.. although many people who go to church are not godly, and I've never been one to think that I HAVE to go to church and I don't, but I do pray.......and my son and I say prayers before bedtime each night... He is my miracle, and I do thank GOD for him everyday.

I work in an ACTUAL convent, but I'm definately NOT Catholic.... and the number ONE thing I've learned is that NUNS are HUMAN.... with the same personality defects as the rest of us......

About 7 years ago, I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding, and was totally suprised when a druid priest showed up in his robes and cane to marry them.... I had known him for years and knew that he was a Druid Priest, but I had NO idea what it meant.........

About 10 years ago I became friends with a gal that followed wicca, she was very cool to explain a lot about what she and her family did as a family unit and in simple terms explained to me....that to her, everything was god, from the tree to the grass that grows under them.... and that I could relate with... so I always found it calming...... after my divorce we drifted apart because her husband and my ex worked together and that is the way of things........ but she will always be remembered as a soul that is at peace with her inner goddess.

blessed be :(

Kewl! Thanks for Stumbling! I'm finding that a lot of threads I visit on a regular basis are visited by the same folks. Great minds think sort of alike on most things.... ok.. botched that on purpose!

Welcome!

T

I just stumbled on this thread, and think it is GREAT!

Me, well...... mainly grew up in a Christian / Baptist church, married in a Nazarene church.... Divorced in a Courthouse LOL.. I do believe in God, and well.. although many people who go to church are not godly, and I've never been one to think that I HAVE to go to church and I don't, but I do pray.......and my son and I say prayers before bedtime each night... He is my miracle, and I do thank GOD for him everyday.

I work in an ACTUAL convent, but I'm definately NOT Catholic.... and the number ONE thing I've learned is that NUNS are HUMAN.... with the same personality defects as the rest of us......

About 7 years ago, I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding, and was totally suprised when a druid priest showed up in his robes and cane to marry them.... I had known him for years and knew that he was a Druid Priest, but I had NO idea what it meant.........

About 10 years ago I became friends with a gal that followed wicca, she was very cool to explain a lot about what she and her family did as a family unit and in simple terms explained to me....that to her, everything was god, from the tree to the grass that grows under them.... and that I could relate with... so I always found it calming...... after my divorce we drifted apart because her husband and my ex worked together and that is the way of things........ but she will always be remembered as a soul that is at peace with her inner goddess.

blessed be :(

I go in early tomorrow for the band. I think tonight I might do a little meditation rituatl... just a small salt circle and a candle and myself. I do that sometimes. Helps me refocus. I have a brigids flame candle that I am fond of. Might use that.
Good Luck.:(

Ok I am back home and resting... doing better pain wise now too than I was earlier. I have a Looong post all about my banding experience in the March 2007 bandsters thread on the main page. I fell asleep for about four hours not too long after getting settled in here at home and now I'm super thirtsty, but still just one sip/ounce every 15 minutes. Thats rough.

In a couple of minutes I am going to get up and attempt to go pee. Ah, the adventures I have:rolleyes:. I tried to pee when I got home but it didn't work and I don't think I really needed to. When they made me sit up in the hospital on the bed some leaked on. Naturally, I pretended nothing happended and just covered it up with a blanket. I think its just part of my readjusting after the cath so as long as I can pee tonight it will all be ok. TMI, I know, I know, but I feel compelled to share.

Instead of doing a more formal type ritual like I had intended I actually went out for a ride with a friend cause she had taken the top off of her jeep and it was so nice out. And we stopped off at the Park where they have this meditation labrynth that you walk. Its a brick pattern based on one in a cathedral in france. So I walked and meditated on my banding and spirtuality and the woods and how my new sandles were giving me blisters. It was nice.

A few times since being home my dog has come up to me and licked my hand and had me pet her and then she wags like crazy as she stares up at me adoringly, like she is trying to say "Get better soon" My rabbit is ignoring me for now. I ordered a pretty bouqet of pink tulips and blue irisis that should arrive tomorrow with a get well soon card for me. I'm excited about those.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yay! Thanks for posting. I'll check out the march post for more details.

That is so cool about the park!

Instead of doing a more formal type ritual like I had intended I actually went out for a ride with a friend cause she had taken the top off of her jeep and it was so nice out. And we stopped off at the Park where they have this meditation labrynth that you walk. Its a brick pattern based on one in a cathedral in france. So I walked and meditated on my banding and spirtuality and the woods and how my new sandles were giving me blisters. It was nice.

Kyethra, thanks for letting us know how you are doing. So far, it sounds like everything is going well for you. Welcome to bandland!!

:help: Ok. I am two weeks and four days post op. do you remember that weird feeling post op on the surface of your belly skin that was numb and sensative all at one? Well that dissapeard about a week ago only to return IN FORCE today. I have 7 small incisions that have healed VERY well. I have one at the bottom of my belly button then two more to the far left of my belly button side by side then one more up and angled to the left of my belly button, then more.. OK. If you were to draw a slanted to the left triangle with the narrow point starting at my belly button and the other two wide points to the left, the entire area in between is intense sore and numb and on occasion a twinge of #4 pain. it's no where near the port or my tummy.

Now, I did stumble yesterday walking in to my buliding but didn't toally wipe out, however it jarred me pretty good. I noticed this sensation mainly today and more intensely the past two hours. Any one else experiences these phantom pains that are not directly under their incisions?

I called the doc's office and they think I'm ok and want me to call back on Monday.

:help: Ok. I am two weeks and four days post op. do you remember that weird feeling post op on the surface of your belly skin that was numb and sensative all at one? Well that dissapeard about a week ago only to return IN FORCE today. I have 7 small incisions that have healed VERY well. I have one at the bottom of my belly button then two more to the far left of my belly button side by side then one more up and angled to the left of my belly button, then more.. OK. If you were to draw a slanted to the left triangle with the narrow point starting at my belly button and the other two wide points to the left, the entire area in between is intense sore and numb and on occasion a twinge of #4 pain. it's no where near the port or my tummy.

Now, I did stumble yesterday walking in to my buliding but didn't toally wipe out, however it jarred me pretty good. I noticed this sensation mainly today and more intensely the past two hours. Any one else experiences these phantom pains that are not directly under their incisions?

I called the doc's office and they think I'm ok and want me to call back on Monday.

Not banded until Monday, but what you're describing sounds exactly like what i went through after both c-sections. I still (5 years later) get that itch and can't scratch it properly because the incision line is still a bit numb. I can relieve about 80% of the phantom pain. It comes and goes but I remember it being at its worse the first year.

Hope that eases your mind!

oh wow! i have that too! well, mine is numb and itchy at the same time. i go to scratch, but it's like it itches under the skin. my mom said it's just the healing process. it's getting fainter and fainter as time goes on...

I've got blisters near by incisions and those feel a bit odd... But I do know off this feeling you mention. Healing feeling. But my blisters seems to be some sort of allergic thing to the tape I guess. I'm wierd like that. I also have some sort of UTI or something-- lots of blood in my urine and a low fever. I need to go the walk in clinic tomorrow and make them test the urine and give me an apropriate antibiotic. I know I'm odd. Other's get itchy. I get blisters and bloody pee. I also barfed foam the other day... It will all be ok though because 1) I am losing weight on this thing and 2) I will still be able to eat ice cream. This is the paradox that keeps me going.

Merry Meet!

I just wanted to invite everyone to check out a friends pagan forum.

Celene is a very educated pagan and I've been after her to share her knowledge and start a forum. It is open to all pagan paths and is basically a place to exchange ideas and learn from each other.

This isn't a fluff-bunny type site. The name alone should sum up its identity. It is called the Rational Pagan and can be found at:

www.therationalpagan.org

Please come check it out!