Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily menu samples at different months out

Please help me make a list of daily menus! Think it might be a great help to all.

Suggestion for the format:

Start with how many months post op (very important so readers can gage where you are at and zoom into daily menus to assist them - this can help future post-oppers as well!)

Please be so kind and share, even just one day. Of course you can do many many days as well! Try and make it as complete as possible.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner and Snacks in between, amounts (ounces or grams) and if possible how many Protein that amiunts to at the end of the day.

Please please please join in! I beg of you! I myself are feeling so stuck and really need some ideas and guidance and i am just thinking maybe there are others also feeling as lost as me.

That would be so kind please if you can share some. ????

I purchased Bypass surgery for Dummies and in it it listed some books. I purchased one "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" author Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. This book is very informational, looks like some very good recipes also has the nutritional information for each serving. Found these at Amazon.com.< /p>

Please help me make a list of daily menus! Think it might be a great help to all.

Suggestion for the format:

Start with how many months post op (very important so readers can gage where you are at and zoom into daily menus to assist them - this can help future post-oppers as well!)

Please be so kind and share' date=' even just one day. Of course you can do many many days as well! Try and make it as complete as possible.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner and Snacks in between, amounts (ounces or grams) and if possible how many Protein that amiunts to at the end of the day.

Please please please join in! I beg of you! I myself are feeling so stuck and really need some ideas and guidance and i am just thinking maybe there are others also feeling as lost as me.

That would be so kind please if you can share some. dde0e[/quote']

I am 15 month post op. I have no trouble getting in my Fluid, Protein And no protein.

Breakfast:

One bowl of lucky charms

I found that I eat protein first thing in the morning it would make me sick.

snack : 3

24 oz of Powerade

15 pumps of egg whites totaling 48.5 g of protein

Lunch: take a piece of stuff salmon and some raw shrimp.

banana

Animal crackers

pretzels

Dinner:

20 raw shrimp

24 oz of Powerade

15 pumps of egg whites totaling 48.5 g of protein

Finally end my evening with another bowel of lucky charms.

Oh yeah music this is great!!

What is lucky charms though? Sorry for silly question, we dont have it in africa ;-) i suppose some kind of Cereal?

Hi young one! Thanks for the tip! I have that book too and must make use of it more. It can be a schlepp though as it contain a lot of recipes with products we dont get here.

I am hoping to see a lot of regular days' menus by regular people like all of us. Tried and trusted things that everyone actually follow and it works for them.

Come on ya'll, let's make a menu inventory at different stages of RnY!

Oh yeah music this is great!!

What is lucky charms though? Sorry for silly question' date=' we dont have it in africa ;-) i suppose some kind of Cereal? [/quote']

Yes it is a kids cereal.

Perhaps a slightly different approach to your question will serve the same purpose and allow you to make substitutions according to availability in your country. Instead of whole menus, I have a list of "go to" foods. These are foods that I like (obvious but an important consideration), that are healthy, readily available, and that include items that are suitable when I'm home and also some that I can take with me when I'm on the run.

Turkey Jerky

Turkey snack bites

Cottage cheese

Naturally low-fat string cheese

Virtually all nuts - very healthy but watch the portions, they are high in calories (fat)

Grilled chicken - not only as a standalone but in salads with low or no fat dressing

Turkey

Shrimp - outstanding source of Protein and I love them!

Fish - pretty much any kind you can name including shell fish.

Yogurt

Green Beans

Pinto Beans

Black beans

Turkey or chicken chili with or without beans

Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots - steamed if you want them hot, dipped in low or no fat dressing if you want a snack

Oranges

Apples

Bananas

Berries of all kinds - low in calories, loaded with Fiber and antioxidants, but high in sugar so watch the portions, especially if you're prone to dumping.

Low calorie green smoothies - use spinach, broccoli or cauliflower as a base. Good Fiber content, very, very filling, fiber remains in the pouch for a longer period of time so you stay full longer and they are surprisingly tasty! Choose your favorite recipes carefully - some recipes are crazy high in calories.

Canned tuna - I make a tuna salad with low-fat mayo, a little celery and some diced sweet pickle. Great for lunch with a few whole grain crackers.

Babybel light cheese

Hummus

vanilla Almond Milk (unsweetened) - twice as much Calcium as whole milk, 40 calories for eight ounces, I sweeten mine with Splenda.

Diet Snapple Teas- non-carbonated, zero or very low calorie, several flavors. Does contain caffeine.

Brown rice - I dump every time on white rice, never had a problem with brown rice.

Whole wheat Pasta - with Tomato sauce and if you prefer, turkey meatballs.

Decaf coffee - I'm almost two years post-op and have used decaf as a "snack" starting at six months post-op and right to this day. Filling, loaded with anti-oxidants, zero calories if you use Splenda (or any sugar substitute). I drink mine with flavored Creamers - 35 calories per serving - I can live with that!

What's on your "go to" list??

A year and half out

My go to list is

Baby bel lights

Pistachios

Light and fit Greek yogurt

90 calorie fiber one brownies

For lunch I like

1/3 cup ground turkey with taco seasoning 1/3 cup refried Beans topped with salsa

Or leftovers from dinner the night before

dinner is some sort of meat or seafood and a green vege

I also like frozen Greek yogurt bars after my walk

I'm sure I will think of more things

I always search spark people for low carb recipes and have had good luck with all of those

date of surgery 02/21/12 surgery weight 340 lbs. current weight 146 lbs

Also wanted to add I start every morning with a scoop of Protein powder in coffee

Also wanted to add I start every morning with a scoop of Protein powder in coffee

It is strange I can not do Protein first thing in the morning. My pouch requires something else in it first. On the morning I have done Protein shake or eggs first thing I always feel sick the rest of the day.

Wonder why?? I can't do anything solid..

I'm still a work in progress 7 months out, 44 pound to a 'normal' weight. I can't give you a menu because I really don't have a standard menu! My go to's that I keep returning to:

2% string cheese sticks-60 calories, 7 grams of Protein (I rarely go a day without at least 1 of these, sometimes 2 or 3)

Dannon light and fit 2X Greek yogurt-80 calories, 12 grams of Protein

Apple slices ( often dipped in the above yogurt-I cannot eat an apple on the core and if I slice an apple I throw 1/2 away so I started buying pre-sliced apples....it seems wrong but since I'm not wasting any it actually saves me money, plus I'm more likely to use em if they're pre-sliced)

Peanut butter-I don't eat a ton due to fats but I occasionally splurge and dip apples in it or eat a slice of toast with Peanut Butter for Breakfast (it's also part of my post-dumping recovery plan for 'those' days)

Turkey deli slices-I keep these, the 2% string cheese, Dannon yogurt, a packet f tuna, and apple slices in a lunch bag in the fridge at work all the time. If I don't have time for a real lunch or forget to pack lunch, or if I get a late morning munchie attack, I'm covered.

Mission carb balance tortillas (small size)-80 calories, 3 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber!!!! When my son isn't home these are almost always the foundation of my dinner. I either spread with retried beams, pre-cooked chicken (in my freezer all the time, sprinkle with cheese, add sour cream and salsa, or scramble an egg plus 1 egg white, sprinkle with cheese and salsa, OR spread with laughing cow cheese, add turkey slices and cheese of some variety. I fill the tortilla until it's about to explode and typically can't finish the last bite or two.

Not on the approved list-I keep pretzels around all the time. If I'm craving crunchy or salty I can grab a handful (which turns out to be about 1/2 of a serving). Or 4 or 5 saltine cracker either plain, with cheese slices, or laughing cow on em. I also keep 100 calorie popcorn packs, perfect size for me to get my fix.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199

Do you have trouble with coffee? I'm down to half decaf...but I really enjoy it.

Do you let the coffee cool? I've tried this on multiple occasions and ended up with nastiness even after allowing the coffee to cool down to 120 degrees before adding the Protein.< /p>

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

Yes I make mine in a keurig and let it cool about 10 minutes before I add or ya it's clumpy.. No problems with coffee but didn't start drinking my one cup til I was about 9 months out