Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October surgeries out there...

I had my nutrition class Thursday. WOW! So much stuff to take in! The Dr told us to take notes' date=' I think I was the only one that did lol. I wanted to make sure i didnt miss anything. I had so much on my mind that I only slept 2 hours that night.

Insurance approved me in 48 hours and they called yesterday with a surgery date of Oct 11. I'm definitely nervous buy very excited. I go Monday for a physical with the surgeon and go back Tuesday for my endoscopy. Then my 2 week pre-op diet of 2 shakes and a sensible dinner.< /p>

I'm excited about having it in October. I thought i would be in November. I should be well enough to enjoy some Black Friday shopping! I would be more upset missing Black Friday shopping than I would be missing Thanksgiving dinner! LOL

Congrats to all the Oct losers![/quote']

Wow u were approved in 48 hrs ..what insurance do you have? I totally undestand the black friday thing...lol

loveanjie333..... it is consuming all my thoughts as well. I am super excited. I am in the single digit count down now......9 more days!!!!

I am SO consumed. I cant sleep.. I decided against a prerelease to stay home and watch youtube and read forums all day.. then BF took me out for sushi now incase my pre op appt this thursday says i have to start the liquid diet early.

I feel like a kid waiting to go to disneyland.

loveanjie333..... it is consuming all my thoughts as well. I am super excited. I am in the single digit count down now......9 more days!!!!

Yes it is almost all I think or talk about. I think my close co-workers (those I've told) will be thrilled when I go on leave next Tuesday just to get a break from hearing about it. ;-) Actually, they've been really supportive and ask me for the details.

I've been trying to finish up some projects, cross the t's, dot the i's, etc. One fun pastime I've been doing the last couple of weekends is thrift store shopping for smaller clothes. I think I have a leather fetish- I've bought 2 leather coats and two suede jackets in smaller sizes. I just can't pass up $8 leather!

Last Saturday night , my husband was performing a lion dance at a local restaurant, so I went with family and friends to eat (I had wonton broth and Decaf tea) and watch the performance. It was such a fun time and I wasn't the least bit tempted by the food others were eating. :-)

Molly (10/2)

Wow u were approved in 48 hrs ..what insurance do you have? I totally undestand the black friday thing...lol

Tamisa73 - I have Tricare insurance.

AWWW, So i just got my date, Im not an october lady anymore... I'm a November .... bye bye

AWWW' date=' So i just got my date, Im not an october lady anymore... I'm a November .... bye bye[/quote']

Good luck! Nov will be here before you know it.

Yes it is almost all I think or talk about. I think my close co-workers (those I've told) will be thrilled when I go on leave next Tuesday just to get a break from hearing about it. ;-) Actually, they've been really supportive and ask me for the details.

I've been trying to finish up some projects, cross the t's, dot the i's, etc. One fun pastime I've been doing the last couple of weekends is thrift store shopping for smaller clothes. I think I have a leather fetish- I've bought 2 leather coats and two suede jackets in smaller sizes. I just can't pass up $8 leather!

Last Saturday night , my husband was performing a lion dance at a local restaurant, so I went with family and friends to eat (I had wonton broth and Decaf tea) and watch the performance. It was such a fun time and I wasn't the least bit tempted by the food others were eating. :-)

Molly (10/2)

I am just a little stressed about my out of pocket cost/amount because the hospital I will be at requires half up front and the rest can be billed in installments. My out of pocket amount after deductible is 5%. Praying that it is not high (although 5% is amazing as it is).

I am so glad I found this website/forum because it has put me more at ease and everyone here so far has been so nice and welcoming.

Betsy

Imgriego we are the same day I went had all my Fluid pulled out if my band today 1500 cal diet for 2 weeks now. I am getting excited now trying to stick to this diet

I am also Oct 31st! I am plan in to wear a bumblebee costume to the hospital! Of course I will have an appropriate attire post surgery haha. But no one can tell me after surgery that I cannot wear my antennae haha. Next year I will hopefully debut my bumblebee again, as a queen bee, hopefully skinner haha!! I start my pre-op diet Oct 17th! Sooo excited, I find that my head likes to play games with me. Excitement... Fear... And back to excitement.

Had my endoscopy today. Easy peasy. My BP was 113/50.. That was before they mellowed me out with drugs lol.

I don't remember anything after they put my mouth guard in lol. On my way home for a nice little nap now.

13 days until I start my pre-op liquid diet thing- and here I am eating Gummy Starbursts. REALLY?!?!?!?!?! Oh yeah....and a Mtn Dew (through a straw no less....). Pfft. I have been so good until the last couple of days. I keep thinking of restaurants I need to hit in this 13 days. I wish I had no money right now.

I swear this has been the longest six and a half months of my entire life!!!

Oct 7- start pre-op liquid

Oct 21- surgery....FINALLY!!! :)