Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feel like i can eat anything please share some insight

I feel like i can eat anything I have never gotten stuck, i have never thrown up i never get any discomfort is this because i have not gotten a fill. Please share some insight.

Trust me - it's because you haven't had a fill yet. I felt the same way as you. After my 1st I noticed a difference right away, but I still was able to eat and not have a problem. Since my 2nd, things do get stuck, things don't always go down all that well, and sometimes I feel like I want to throw up but I fight it like crazy. Be patient. It will get better.

Shutuplena, when you got your fills did you do liquids for few days, then thicker liquids, etc...???

I just got fill today and dr told me 3 days of liquids. But I am going on a girls trip this weekend and really want to do a few chips and salsa, but I'm so scared to even try!!

Anything input would be great...Thanks

I'm not Shutuplena but I will give you my 2 cents. Every surgeon is different but mine says to do liquids the day of a fill and after that to ease back into your normal diet. He has told me that I will know if I need to continue liquids for longer. Usually I just do them for that day and I'm fine. I don't think a few chips and salsa would hurt but I would use caution. If you decide to try it I would recommend that you go slow and see how you do and if you start to feel pain, stop! Hope your girls weekend is great!

Before a fill you are wide open. You have the tool, lapband, but its like tires with no air. Until you get a fill you won't feel restriction. You might not feel restriction until several fills. Its a guessing game and everyone is different.

Different doctors say different things about how to eat after a fill. One thing I do know is that everyone reacts differently and at different times. My fills seem to kick in on day 6. My doctor recommends 3 days of liquids and 3 days of mushies. Although this is strict, I am thankful for that because of how I react to fills.

Be careful about foods you could eat before a fill and after a fill as well. Things that you could eat you may not be able to eat now. One of the most common foods I've heard about is eggs. I can't seem to eat scrambled eggs now, but I can eat other forms of eggs like fried, poached, and omelette.

If you decide to eat chips make sure that you chew them to liquid. Salsa may irritate your sensitive stomach if it is too spicy. Be very careful.

Do you seriously think with no fill - we have NO restriction? I can't see how that is true at all - being that the band is 'banding' our tummy together. It may not be tight; but it's like squeezing through a tunnel instead of open road. Right? Oooops, maybe I'm wrong!!

I know, I am hungry too. Had my first post op appt. today, and have been increased to puree's. Now, I feel I could eat anything.

I won't have my first fill until the end of March. I am really worried about weight gain now.

I'm really hungry, but when I eat....I get full so fast!!! I was banded on 2.14.07 and have lost 18 lbs. On mushies and fishies. I think there is restriction just with the band BEING THERE...Maybe I'm wrong, but it's helping me to

eat tiny bits,.... I do feel weak....need to get Flintstones chewables says my valentine doctor. Tomorrow I will get out and do many things......been lazy at home toooooo long.

Dr. Spivak

Wow, teacher, that is great! We were banded on the same day, and I am hungry! Don't feel much restriction.

This is going to be hard month ahead of me.

Good for you, I have not lost near that much weight.

I was banded on 2/20. I think I do have some restriction from surgery (swelling, etc.). I haven't really been hungry. I have to force myself to drink something. Thursday I woke up a little hungry and had a little broth, then didn't get hungry again all day.