Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*rant* friggin commercials!!

I want to shoot my tv. pizza Hut, burger king, mcdonalds, GAHHH!!

am trying to remain calm, keep telling myself: no food in the world tastes as good as being skinny feels. food like that made me miserbale and fat.

I still wanna hurt somthing though....:)

Just remember that most of the food (especially fast food) that is advertised on TV doesn't really taste very good. If you start craving it, just imagine a nice scoop of lard slapped on a bun or on a Pizza Crust, because that is basically what you would be eating. It makes it a whole lot easier to avoid.

I know, it's been SO bad tonight! I love quesadillas, and have seen two different chain's commercials tonight, advertising theirs. Grrrr!!!

Try telling yourself: Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels, and see if that makes any difference.

Otherwise, TIVOs are quite nice investments. :)

Pooh, Pooh. If you are craving junk food, have some. You won't be able to eat that all that pizza or those hamburgers. You'll be sick if you try. So try it. You'll learn what to avoid and what you can eat. I sometimes order a medium pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut. At the most, I can eat three pieces and the dogs eat the rest. It becomes a waste of money and/or expensive dog food.. I do like potato chips and eat them sometimes though they don't like to go through the band. My idea about the band is to be able to eat what you want, just not much of it. So go ahead and order a pizza. See how much of it you can eat and you'll probably decide to save the money in future.

I want to shoot my tv. pizza Hut, burger king, mcdonalds, GAHHH!!

am trying to remain calm, keep telling myself: no food in the world tastes as good as being skinny feels. food like that made me miserbale and fat.

I still wanna hurt somthing though....:)

I have found a solution to your problem. It is called a Digital Video Recorder (DVR).

With a DVR, I can record two programs at once while watching something previously recorded. If I want to watch a football game, I start it recording at the beginning, then put on my PC, and read and post here at LBT for about two hours, then start watching the game, fast-forwarding through all the commercials and all the huddles and all the replays that I do not want to see. Lo and behold, I wind up at the end of the game in real time (which means no one could spoil the end for me by telling me who won). No commercials.

The same goes for any other show I watch. If it is 9pm on Monday and "24" is on, I watch "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann or the 6:30 "World News Tonight" while recording "24". Result: No commercials to tempt me because I fast-forward through all of them.

I used to do about the same thing with 2 or 3 VCR's. A friend commented to me (after seeing 3 VCR's) that I must love TV. I said, "No, I only like certain thing on TV, so by having 3 VCR's, I never have to watch anything I do not like" (including shows that i do not like, not commercials).

A DVR is better than having multiple VCR's.

MAAAAAAAN Derrick I feel ya when I was on my liquid diet I hated life and hated corporate america. EVERY OTHER FREAKIN COMMERCIAL is for BK, pizza hut, wendy's, etc. I really only NOTICED it though when I couldn't have it. We are so desensitized by it all. No wonder I was so fat, then I worry about my kids, they are getting the same messages. If someone was smart, they'd firure out a way to filter commercials out of your tv, like invent something for that. I've never wanted Wendy's before in my life but I was about to loose my mind over wanting that wendys bacon mushroom melt.

Yup, I personally hate commericals, unless they are ones people tell me are funny and I have to watch them.

So that's why I am usually a day behind everyone to watch tv shows.

I *heart* my TIVO!!!!!

Yup, I personally hate commericals, unless they are ones people tell me are funny and I have to watch them.

So that's why I am usually a day behind everyone to watch tv shows.

I *heart* my TIVO!!!!!

A TIVO is a DVR.

I have found a solution to your problem. It is called a Digital Video Recorder (DVR).

They are the best!!! You can skip the things that are corny and useless while watching your favorite shows and never once get tempted by all the food commercials. I can't imagine how I watched tv before I had mine!

TIVO rocks except when I have to watch TV without one. I get frustrated at not being able to fast forward. :)

TIVO rocks except when I have to watch TV without one. I get frustrated at not being able to fast forward. :)

I've actually asked DH what was wrong with the silly thing when it wouldn't fast foward through a commercial once in a while. He just quietly reminds me that I'm watching TV, not using the DVR... :faint:

I totally agree with you. I was just banded on Monday and still on liquids. I just can't believe what an effect these things are having on me. It seems like every other commercial has something to do with food! No wonder half the country is obese -- it is so hard to overcome. The one that is getting to me now is the cinnamon pancakes at IHOP. I want one so bad!!!!!

I'm with you guys on this!!! pizza is my all-time favorite food and I had surgery about 4 days before the superbowl, anyone remember how many pizza ads were on that weekend? Way too many to even count. I don't have any problem now....even picked up McD's for a friend's husband the other day and wasn't tempted by the smell of the fries. It'll get better!!