Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which Bariatric vitamins, minerals and other dietary supplements do YOU take ?

You really should talk to your doctor. Too much potassium can cause death and that being said you shouldn't count on MFP to be accurate. Potassium is only to be taken with lab work done and verifying you need it and prescribed by a doctor. You should never decide I need potassium and I think maybe I will start taking some. It can cause cardiac arrest and possibly death. Serious business....

Thanks for your concern and feedback.

Shel in Kansas - Sleeved 5/21/13

On the potassium discussion, mfp is not accurate on that because potassium is not required to be listed on the nutrition facts on things, so it is hard to get an accurate idea how much your are getting.http://www.nutritionaloutlook.com/news/nutrition-facts-panels-often-omit-potassium

As to the original question I take 2 GNC MEGA MAN Energy & Metabolism Vitamins, 1 Rite Aid brand Soft Calcium Chew ( 500mg Calcium, 1,000 IU Vitamin D-3 & Vitamin K), 1 Spring Valley brand Biotin ( 1000 mcg), I Spring Valley brand Iron (65mg), and 1 Wonderlife supplements Witamin B-12 Lozenges (1,000 mcg).

For the first 6 months, I'm on Bariatric Advantage or Celebrate. Here's my list:

Celebrate calcium citrate soft chews - 1500 mg, taken as 3x500

Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, 2 / day

Celebrate B12, sublingual

Celebrate Iron, chewable, taken at bedtime so it's not near the Calcium. I want to say 50 mg.

My three month blood work came back fine. I wasn't deficient in anything before surgery.

I just switched from my Flinstones complete to the Celebrate capsule. Hurray for one less thing to chew! I use Bariatric Advantage Iron and B12, I take a generic Calcium supplement. So far so good :) just had bloodwork done last week and everything's A-OK :)

"Wellesse" liquid Vitamins. They are the best! I have always hating taking Vitamins and swallowing pills is hard for me. So I found these liquid online and they are great, no stomach upset at all and they actually taste good. I keep mine in the fridge. the Cacium in my favorite...I swear it tastes like an orange dream ice cream bar!

Multivitamin = 2 tbls Daily

Calcium with D3 = 2 tbls Daily

Iron = 1 tbls Daily

B12 = 1 dropper full Daily

Digestive 3-in-1 Health = 1 tbls Daily

All of the above are From;

http://www.wellesse.com/

B1 capsule Walgreens = Daily

"Wellesse" liquid Vitamins. They are the best! I have always hating taking Vitamins and swallowing pills is hard for me. So I found these liquid online and they are great' date=' no stomach upset at all and they actually taste good. I keep mine in the fridge. the Cacium in my favorite...I swear it tastes like an orange dream ice cream bar!

Multivitamin = Daily

Calcium with D3 = Daily

Iron = Daily

B12 = Daily

Digestive 3-in-1 Health = Daily

All of the above are From;

http://www.wellesse.com/

B1 capsule Walgreens = Daily

I'm very hesitant when it comes to liquid medicines. My second phrase a toddler was "yuck yuck double yuck" when it came to liquid meds. My mom caught me swallowing chewable Tylenol when I was 2. But I'd like to look more into these. At least the Calcium and Iron. What flavors do they offer in iron and the multivitamin?

I am taking Bariatric Fusion chewable tablets one tablet 3 times a day.

I'll recommend to anyone that hates chewables like I do, Celebrate now has a Vitamin capsule. 3-4 a day. Whereas Bariatric Advantage's capsule is 6-9 capsules a day. I've had my bloodwork checked since I've been on the capsules and everything's good. So if you're over chewing, gives those a shot :)

Yes most liquids taste nasty! but not these. Go to the websitehttp://www.wellesse.com/ or call the 800 number and they will send free samples. The Iron does not taste great but is is not bad. All the other taste very good. I was very surprised when I got my samples. I ordered them three weeks before surgery, I am two weeks post op and I take them daily. I have healed fast and feel very good. Anyway try the free samples if you do not like them you are out nothing.

Is there a website giving a list of what dosages we SHOULD take?

I've tried the BA chewable Vitamins (berry) but they're so strong they make me gag. I'm 6 weeks out, so can I start swallowing normal pills now? My Vitamins have been very hit-and-miss since surgery, and it never used to be.

Any info would be appreciated.

wellesse.com The liqud Vitamins taste great, the Calcium with D tastes like an orange dream bar. The Multivitamins tastes like fruit punch. the Iron is not yummy like the others but is not bad at all, the B12 is kind of like sweet tarts. They do send free samples. :)

Edited by Kathie5353

I take Nature Plus multi Vitamin 2x a day, B12 sublingual from GNC and I do a liquid Calcium with Vitamin D called Wellesse that I buy at Walmart. I take 1 oz 2x a day and it is orange cream flavored and tastes like a creamsicle! I dont go back for labwork until 6 months so not sure if I will need anything else.

I take a high potency multi called Elevit with Iodine, that is normally used as a prenatal, in Australia. Also a calcium citrate plus D, and a B12 sublingual spray. The multivit smells and tastes strong. I used to hate it but now I almost crave it. Odd, right? In addition I take nexium 20mg, an estrogen tablet, and Questran (for bile acid diarrhea after gall bladder removal). It can seem like a lot of pills especially when I am packing for two weeks of travel!

Edited by mistysj