Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks guys! Ill be on my way to the hospital shortly! :) :-/ lol

I've also had a few surgeries. I can remember the operating room with my gallbladder. I remember them strapping my arms down and then I woke up being wheeled to my room. I wake up very easy though.

Be safe! and I wish you a speedy recovery! :D And do get out of bed when they ask you too. It really is for your benifet. :P

I had the band out in May. They asked if I wanted something to relax me basically told them I was fine. Two hours late into the operating room at 3PM, got on the small table, they then gave me a shot through the IV to relax, still haven't figured that out, I was very calm. They put the oxygen mask on for a few minutes and then the anesthesiologist got a vial which was the drug that put me out and out I went. I woke up in recovery at 4 PM and it was on, ate ice chips, got dressed, went to the bathroom and was out the door into the car by 4:45 PM. When I had the band put in I didn't want to wake up, didn't have any problem this last time. The only thing that bothers me is what type of pain I'll wake up with. I've had a lot of surgeries and the only one that was extremely painful was breast reduction. Everything else was a piece of cake. My concern is the soreness that I'm still having from having the band removed and how much the new surgery will agravate it. It still has to be pretty tender. getting a little better but think that will be the area that bothers me most. Going to sleep is easy, waking up can be difficult because you like sleeping, then others wake right up like nothing happened. I think it is the anestestic that is given. And when you do wake up you will be loaded with pain medications. For some this surgery is easy for other a little more difficult. You all will be surprised once it is over. Don't think it is as bad as you are all thinking it will be.

I had the lap-band in for a few years I was up and at it in no time. But pre ins. diet I dropped 100 lbs and got the band and it made it so I could only eat the stuff I was not supposed to eat..Only thing that would go down. my meals were spaghetti and meat sauce. But it did maintain my weight at 350 lbs. no more no less with a full band. So I gave up and figured 350 lbs was a lot better then 500lbs but then my teeth got loose hair fell out.. I went back Dr, said it was malnutrition at 350 lbs. So he took out half the Fluid and set a date one mont out for the Gastric bypass. So there was no restriction. So I had one last go at it. A final feast or month if you will before the gastric-bypass and gained 50 lbs. I had a few publics cakes I am now 10 years older for I had a birthday and cake every day. few little boxes of little Debbie's many Dunking donuts large with extra whipped cream and chocolate mocha lat tees. and multiple flats of hot glazed doughnuts and few boxes of mixed ones too. I had every kind of Oreo's they ever made M&M's by the pound.Cant forget the Steak, Rib roast with mashed traders and gravy T' bone Steak ,Mack and cheese fried everything. including elephant ears with powdered sugar just like from the fair. I could go on but you get my drift. I don't miss it at all. I can play with my kid now and not have to be worried about breaking peoples chairs. I no longer use the good old' C-pap machine. Just yesterday I thought I had a tumor on my upper left back and one on my upper right back.....Turns out it was what the doctor said was some kind of "shoulder blade" what is that all about.

Hello, I was wondering if this recent procedure you're talking about is just having the Lapland removed or was it band to rny? I say this because u said u got in the car shortly after waking up? How r u doing?

Just had the band out wasn't fortunate enough to have the revision at the same time. Dr won't do them together, his excuse, he wants the stomach to heal. So jumping through hoops again but only for three months. Hoping for surgery in September. The amazing thing about removal surgery, didn't even fill the pain prescription, I really didn't have any pain but sure have some nasty scars. Just a tender area where there isn't a scar but it is going away slowly. Will be posting more when I have the bypass. Trying not to be too ansy about it or lets say after the surgery is done. I'm a pro with surgeries it is what comes after. :o

I would have been fine with my surgery if getting an IV put in wasnt so difficult. They ended up putting one in my neck and that hurts. Shortly after that I got the "happy juice" and when I woke up, I was in recovery. That was tuesday. Should be going home today. Feeling good, no nausea, minimal pain. Doesnt feel like I had major surgery!!!!! Very pleased so far.

I had the lap-band in for a few years I was up and at it in no time. But pre ins. diet I dropped 100 lbs and got the band and it made it so I could only eat the stuff I was not supposed to eat..Only thing that would go down. my meals were spaghetti and meat sauce. But it did maintain my weight at 350 lbs. no more no less with a full band. So I gave up and figured 350 lbs was a lot better then 500lbs but then my teeth got loose hair fell out.. I went back Dr, said it was malnutrition at 350 lbs. So he took out half the Fluid and set a date one mont out for the Gastric bypass. So there was no restriction. So I had one last go at it. A final feast or month if you will before the gastric-bypass and gained 50 lbs. I had a few publics cakes I am now 10 years older for I had a birthday and cake every day. few little boxes of little Debbie's many Dunking donuts large with extra whipped cream and chocolate mocha lat tees. and multiple flats of hot glazed doughnuts and few boxes of mixed ones too. I had every kind of Oreo's they ever made M&M's by the pound.Cant forget the Steak, Rib roast with mashed traders and gravy T' bone Steak ,Mack and cheese fried everything. including elephant ears with powdered sugar just like from the fair. I could go on but you get my drift. I don't miss it at all. I can play with my kid now and not have to be worried about breaking peoples chairs. I no longer use the good old' C-pap machine. Just yesterday I thought I had a tumor on my upper left back and one on my upper right back.....Turns out it was what the doctor said was some kind of "shoulder blade" what is that all about.

Don't know what the doctor is talking about "shoulder blade". I've had pain behind my left shoulder blade and doctor thought I was having a heat attack. Had a heart cath all was good. Switched doctors because it continued, come to find out I had dystolic dysfunction causing pulmonary hypertension excerise induced. Thus this led to having a lap band. Had to take the weight off to give the heart and lungs more room. Only lost 50 lbs with the band but even this helped with the shoulder blade issue, but damage has been done to the heart which isn't going to go away with weight loss, but the extra fat won't be an issue allowing the heart to have the room it needs. Still have another 50 lbs but now doing it because of diabetes and relieving some of the hypertension. Hopefully this will eliminate the insulin, and some of the medications I have to take, which totals 23 pills per day and insulin through a pump 24/7.