Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

I do. One post op "transition" class, should be about 2-3 hours, about week 4. Covers transitioning to soft, foods, "real" foods, etc, as well as more nutrition education, and tips to keep the habits going in real chaos of real life, exercise ideas, etc. also am supposed to have a post op one on one with nut to check food diaries, vit/min levels and weight loss rate, reconfigure Protein goals if needed. My program has 2 support groups per month too.

Amanda... Hope you are doing better and better...

And I hope you are all on the upswing...

I was so nervous about recovery time, but I am shocked that I haven't felt this great in years aside from some aches here and there. I have so much more energy, and I am not in pain just sitting in bed. I have been getting most of my Protein in with the shakes. I have been adding milk, ice and blend them for a pretty delicious milk shake... Though there is something in the shake mix that irritates the inside of my mouth.... Gargling salt Water helps.

Still on a full liquid diet and not sick of it yet... Sf pudding every morning for Breakfast, and then a pureed Soup for lunch and dinner. ( I am loving low fat cream of mushroom Soup right now.... Which is a good thing as I have another 9 days on the liquid!

It has been amazing weather here, and I've been out with my partner and our dogs walking a couple miles each day... It is so nice not feeling like I am about ready to die of exhaustion...

Anyway, thinking of you all and wishing you a good night's rest...

I'm doing great today! It was my birthday and I 'cheated' a little and had some sf pudding. I bought cupcakes for everyone else, because a birthday isn't complete without cupcakes! I have walked a ton lately and it feels good.

I am kind of disappointed in the fact that we have been searching for saline solution for days now for my open wound. We found out at cvs that you have to have a script for it. Wish the nurse at the hospital would of told us that. I should have enough to get through tomorrow and hopefully the doctor will call me in some. It's kind of funny you need a script for it, even the gauze

that they use...

Hey ladies I'm four days out of my surgery. Feel OK right now but those first couple of days omg that's all I can say. liquid diet until the 4th

HW 238 SD 210 CW 213 a little gassy yet lol

My update.. 4 full days post op (surgery 9/23): so far so good. Got out weds late afternoon' date=' worst pain and "suffering" day, ready to hurt someone, sick of 3 & 4 am dracula visits, being stuck w/something all day/night, etc. got oral delaudid after 10 am. Drain removed day of discharge..felt weird. Slept from.7 pm to 7 am....still waking up every 3 hrs tho, lol. Sent home with tiny 1 mg delaudid, antinausea script, and prevacid script. Also had the atrixia (blood thinner) injections. No nausea or cramping in the pouch yet, just from gas. Right on pureed diet..from weds in hospital. oatmeal, refried Beans, yogurt, etc. fortified all with prot powder. Getting 36-48 oz liquids in for last 2 days. Popsicles rock!!! Hot tea goes down well too..."smooth move" tea to help as laxative. Did take Miralax this AM, and a stool softner....finally pooped!! Maybe tmi, but thats a big deal...lol. Got 68g Protein in today, walked around the block.... Lingering pain @ incision sites, esp if i twist the wrong way...and some gassy pains that go away with moving/walking, etc. still tired, but scheduling naps. :) drinking from pink sippy cup and using a baby spoon to eat. Best thing today was choc banana super pudding... SF choc pudding, 1/2 banana mashed, 2c skim milk, 1 envelope unjury choc Protein pwdr, blended, chilled. 8g prot per 4 oz. Yum. Thank you God this is going pretty well.so far!!!! :) no idea how much i lost yet, not looking til post op appt with surgeon on 10/7. HW 231.(feb 2013)...DoSW 222. GW 140[/quote']

Hey Deams ee have the same date but I have a liquid diet until Tuesday then Puree. Found some cool things to change up my meals like campbells on the go.

Lots of gas in my belly makes me look so bloated cant wait til it goes down. Been walkin alot trying to puah it .

Keep up the good work;-)

Amanda great to hear you are coming back from your little setback/complication. I don't think some SF pudding will kill you. :)

Giggles, thats cool we have the same date. :) i too think its so weird how all the diff nuts and drs start us out. I got liquids only for a day, after the GI xray to check for leaks (2nd check he did, 1st one in surgery). broth, tea, etc. weds i started pureed. Everyone else surprised too. Including a few friends that had had rny before. My program (st Agnes hospital bariatric and gi institute in balt,md) is a center of excellence... I think even over johns hopkins. My surgeon is the director of whole program...and program nurse had one in 1995 there, nut has 12 yrs exp... I was in great hands. :) i didnt have too bad of a fatty liver, so no pre op diet.....i was surprised he didnt even want a gi cleanse, enema prep, etc. worked out ok for me tho.

My biggest "complication" in surgery, was he found a rather "large, nasty" hiatal hernia, which he fixed. I had no idea i had it...thought the symptoms were just random GERD, etc. that was a good thing....i got a 2 fer.

Just feeling very blessed to have been able to have this, had the courage to choose this change, and be/live in an area with so many excellent options, as well as have the support i did/still have.... From friends, family, work.....my clients even. :) one came and visited me in hosp...and sent flowers. Blew me away!!!

Only problems i have are sleeping at night...not sleeping, but where /how. Im a side sleeper, so sleeping on my back in bed is wearing on me, hurts lower back...but cant do side yet. Hard to get in/out up/down too. So, sticking to.couch. :) and poop is all funky.....texture. Lol. But had three yesterday. :)

Surgeon wrote me out of work til 10/21...& not fighting it. Gonna use every minute "off" to build a strong foundation and routine for this new way of life. Works gonna have to fit in MY life now, not me fitting life into work demands. :) just so many new possibilities, good things ahead.... Besides smaller clothes, feeling better. :) nite all!!

Amanda great to hear you are coming back from your little setback/complication. I don't think some SF pudding will kill you. :)

Giggles' date=' thats cool we have the same date. :) i too think its so weird how all the diff nuts and drs start us out. I got liquids only for a day, after the GI xray to check for leaks (2nd check he did, 1st one in surgery). broth, tea, etc. weds i started pureed. Everyone else surprised too. Including a few friends that had had rny before. My program (st Agnes hospital bariatric and gi institute in balt,md) is a center of excellence... I think even over johns hopkins. My surgeon is the director of whole program...and program nurse had one in 1995 there, nut has 12 yrs exp... I was in great hands. :) i didnt have too bad of a fatty liver, so no pre op diet.....i was surprised he didnt even want a gi cleanse, enema prep, etc. worked out ok for me tho.

My biggest "complication" in surgery, was he found a rather "large, nasty" hiatal hernia, which he fixed. I had no idea i had it...thought the symptoms were just random GERD, etc. that was a good thing....i got a 2 fer.

Just feeling very blessed to have been able to have this, had the courage to choose this change, and be/live in an area with so many excellent options, as well as have the support i did/still have.... From friends, family, work.....my clients even. :) one came and visited me in hosp...and sent flowers. Blew me away!!!

Only problems i have are sleeping at night...not sleeping, but where /how. Im a side sleeper, so sleeping on my back in bed is wearing on me, hurts lower back...but cant do side yet. Hard to get in/out up/down too. So, sticking to.couch. :) and poop is all funky.....texture. Lol. But had three yesterday. :)

Surgeon wrote me out of work til 10/21...& not fighting it. Gonna use every minute "off" to build a strong foundation and routine for this new way of life. Works gonna have to fit in MY life now, not me fitting life into work demands. :) just so many new possibilities, good things ahead.... Besides smaller clothes, feeling better. :) nite all!![/quote']

Sounds like your doing great! I don't think anyone is having fun sleeping lol. I'm stuck to the couch too. What types of recipes have you tried on the pureed?

Giggles' date=' thats cool we have the same date. :) i too think its so weird how all the diff nuts and drs start us out. I got liquids only for a day, after the GI xray to check for leaks (2nd check he did, 1st one in surgery). broth, tea, etc. weds i started pureed. Everyone else surprised too. Including a few friends that had had rny before. My program (st Agnes hospital bariatric and gi institute in balt,md) is a center of excellence... I think even over johns hopkins. My surgeon is the director of whole program...and program nurse had one in 1995 there, nut has 12 yrs exp... I was in great hands. :) i didnt have too bad of a fatty liver, so no pre op diet.....i was surprised he didnt even want a gi cleanse, enema prep, etc. worked out ok for me tho.

Surgeon wrote me out of work til 10/21...& not fighting it. Gonna use every minute "off" to build a strong foundation and routine for this new way of life. Works gonna have to fit in MY life now, not me fitting life into work demands. :) just so many new possibilities, good things ahead.... Besides smaller clothes, feeling better. :) nite all!![/quote']

I can relate to the back sleeping hated it whwn I was pregnant. Mine said the around thw samw for LOA kind of have a routine on paper just want to get it livw before i go back after 8 wks wanna go to gym. How much you have to loss I have to loss 100#

So i had my surgery on Friday. I was doing fine' date=' walked the hallways a lot, but then my happy button was taken away, and i have been drinking oz after oz of Water. Uuuggggg. Been woken up by nurses one after another, so now. Im wide awake again. :([/quote']

Oh I know how u feel. Got out today. Only thing they gave me was Water came home and drinking oz by oz of unjury chicken broth.

I know this is a stupid question but my employer said I needed something from the doctor stating I was in the hospital and have a full release. Now does that mean I am able to go back to work with no restrictions? Or just I can return to work?

It depends what your job is. If it includes labor then most likely the doctor will keep you on light duty with specific restrictions. My job didn't ask for this but I am a nurse and am not allowed to lift anything over ten pounds but it didn't effect me to much as I do more admin stuff and have assistants for the labor bit.

You know its so weird to hear about ppl not getting full. My doc must have really went small on me bc I literally eat like one bite and I am done. My heart goes out too those with the opposite problem but part of me wishes I could eat a tiny bit more. I am on soft foods and I am not sure how I am going to get enough Protein in bc I don't know how many more Protein Drinks I can handle. I am tired of them so badly and it takes me forever to get it all down.

I'm also full after a bite maybe two. I'm on purée's and I couldn't believe I are 1/8 of canned chicken yesterday. So maybe the swellings going down?

I'm over the Protein and Vitamins already but I know what I got to do to be healthy.

I ate a whole egg today. It took 30 mins but I did it. I think an egg is 1.75 ozs. About to go take a nap lol. Did you puree the canned chicken? I bought some to try later.

Man, I wish I got full that fast. But I did have my first dumping syndrome(I guess that's what it was?). I had two bites of mashed broccoli and puked it right back up. I was okay after that though. Strange that I can eat 3 oz of chicken but not a few bites of broccoli

HW(9/3/13)- 284, DOS(9/11/13)-270, CW-257(9/25/13), GW-155(by 9/21/14...my 26th birthday!)