Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me too. I've felt this but it gets better Almost every day. I still do have my moments but at a couple of moments but at two months I can see it is getting better and the results are great. When I was where you are it was very hard

Hi guys...I had my gastric bypass surgery 10 days ago' date=' and I am having such a hard time! There isn't a day that's gone by that I don't regret this! Having the surgery was the worst decision I've ever made! I am mortified about what I've done to my body, how I feel physically, emotionally, everything. I feel so alone and so lost and so hopeless...this stupid surgery has taken everything from me! I've struggled with depression before, but now I feel like I have nothing to live for...

Btw, I'm going to call my doctor in the morning, but what can he do? It's not like he can reverse it...

Did any of you guys go through this? I feel so alone.... :-([/quote']

I hope things start looking up for u. I think it's so hard adjusting to the changes at 1st we almost all go thru this. I had depression pretty rough and still have times where I wonder why I did this. Overall I think in the long run its been worth it. You are not alone tho..u have all of us here. I've had to draw alot of my support here from folks. These folks here went from random strangers to true friends. I'm amazed at the kindness and encouragement I've received..especially on my not so great days. I'm here if u ever need to talk to vent. You may find here locally where u are in your surgeons network as I think most offer some kinda support group. I've been fortunate to be able to turn to this forum and get what I've needed. I get down when I hear people losing gobs of weight when my scales are so slow to move and also when I just can't seem to have a good food day.

I felt the same way. My God it's only been ten days. I too have struggled with depression and right now you are probably thinking why? I did the same thing I cried and cried I missed food sooooo much. I thought I couldn't bare it. But I did and you will too I promise. Now I'm almost six months out. I can't tell you on eating everything but I am eating more variety. You will get through this. Keep your eyes on the prize.

My surgeon warned me that depression is very common 3-4 weeks out and is related to the hormonal adjustments (estrogen) from the fat loss. Keep up the Vitamins, Protein, and Water. We'll get thru it together. I'm 3 1/2 weeks post surgery with minimum consequences but man I'd love a cheeseburger with friends!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't replied yet....I haven't had a chance to go on this for a while, but after reading all your kind and encouraging words, I am going to make time!

I am almost 5 weeks out now, and I Zen adjusting better, although right now I'm sitting outside Denny's at 1:30 in the morning waiting for my simple and fit omelet...my husband and I are going to portion it out and share it. I know I shouldn't...but I find myself having a lot of head hunger, and it's frustrating!

Anyway, I think you guys are just great! Thank you for all your kindness, encouragement, and support! I hope I can help others through this too!

I'm 15 days today post op and I felt the same I cried over everything felt like vi made a mistake but looking at the 21 pounds iv lost and how much better I feel in such a short period of time it made me feel better. Everyday is a struggle but you really need to have a support team itv truly helps. ..good luck how you feel better

It's day 11 post op for me and I feel the same way. I woke up from surgery with numbness in my left legs and I after I eat Soup I get dumping syndrome everytime and end up feeling sick for like 3 hours. I'm trying to see the bright side to the surgery but so far with all my feelings I totally regret ever doing it. I hope these sick and fatigued spells go away.

It's day 11 post op for me and I feel the same way. I woke up from surgery with numbness in my left legs and I after I eat Soup I get dumping syndrome everytime and end up feeling sick for like 3 hours. I'm trying to see the bright side to the surgery but so far with all my feelings I totally regret ever doing it. I hope these sick and fatigued spells go away.

Depression is very common after major surgery, and add the major life change, well, it's the perfect storm. Know it gets better. Talk to your dr and nut about your nutritional needs. Not enough calories / Protein only adds to the problem.

Ok 5 months out and occasionally still ave those days but I then I put something on that I could never wear before and it makes me feel a little better...I feel like I'm missing out here and there with BBQ s and birthday party's cause everyone is eating and enjoying themselves and I'm just watching ...but I wasn't happy before and I couldn't do a lot before...my kids can put there arms around me and my husband gives me more affection and attention and I actually like it.. He tried before I lost the weight but I hated myself.,,.i couldn't believe I ever let myself get as big as I did and it kept me from enjoying life....it will get better and I promise that we are all here to support you...

I think most if not all felt the same way as you, I know I did. When you wake up from that surgery you are no longer the same person. You go from a football size stomach to a golf ball size stomach or smaller..emotions and hormones are all of the place. The pain is moderate to bad and then reality hits you like a ton of bricks...questions like why did I do this, should I have done this, was I ready to do this comes to your mind....those are all normal questions. The best thing to do is get your mind inclined with your journey now, get a support group, and come on here to get the support you need. I remember coming out of surgery and I felt like a Mac truck hit me head on and couldn't understand why did I do this to myself....6 months down and 104lbs gone I realize why....take it day by day like someone told me when I first posted...it will get better...good luck and congrats to your new life change!

U are not alome hunny , i had Surgery 11 days ago and I was feeling very depress n sad n also feeling like this surgery was the worst thing I ever did, but the support from this app has been the best n like someone told me here "every day it gets better and better, and later you will not regret it" so keep ur head high up n keep up the work because I lost 15 pounds in one week n even dough it don't show but I know with out this surgery I wouldn't have accomplish that loss. So smile n stay positive

I really feel your pain, and 3 weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to believe I'd be saying this, but it does get better! For me that early on, each day was better than the last. I know it's a cliche (and a song!), but what doesn't kill us can make us stronger if we let it! And all of us were on a path toward death before we had our surgeries...I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is a very courageous and heroic choice for all of us, myself included! We're the lucky ones...at least we were able to fund it and at least we had the courage to do this! I don't even want to think about the statistics of all the people who die every day due to obesity related diseases because they can't or won't get the help to take care of it....it's tragic!

Other people seem to think that WLS is the easy way out, but we all know it's not! I commend you for your courage and your assertiveness to do this! After time, you'll get more used to what you can and can't eat, portion sizes, etc...and dumping syndrome hopefully will not be as bad. (I still measure all my food though, and that really helps! Also, I use DoTerra oils DigestZen and Melaleuca topically and it really helps me recover quickly from the pain and nausea of dumping syndrome.

I hope this helps you...hang in there, and make sure you have lots of support; here and with WLS groups in your area. It will get better!

I really feel your pain' date=' and 3 weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to believe I'd be saying this, but it does get better! For me that early on, each day was better than the last. I know it's a cliche (and a song!), but what doesn't kill us can make us stronger if we let it! And all of us were on a path toward death before we had our surgeries...I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is a very courageous and heroic choice for all of us, myself included! We're the lucky ones...at least we were able to fund it and at least we had the courage to do this! I don't even want to think about the statistics of all the people who die every day due to obesity related diseases because they can't or won't get the help to take care of it....it's tragic!

Other people seem to think that WLS is the easy way out, but we all know it's not! I commend you for your courage and your assertiveness to do this! After time, you'll get more used to what you can and can't eat, portion sizes, etc...and dumping syndrome hopefully will not be as bad. (I still measure all my food though, and that really helps! Also, I use DoTerra oils DigestZen and Melaleuca topically and it really helps me recover quickly from the pain and nausea of dumping syndrome.

I hope this helps you...hang in there, and make sure you have lots of support; here and with WLS groups in your area. It will get better![/quote']

Thank you I'm taking it one day at a time. The hardest part is I'm 29 years old and before the surgery I could walk fine, but now with this numbness in my left leg I'm lucky to waddle 40 feet. It's heart breaking watching my two year old son playing and begging me to play with him but because of this leg I can't. I pray the numbness is just temporary.

Hi guys...I had my gastric bypass surgery 10 days ago' date=' and I am having such a hard time! There isn't a day that's gone by that I don't regret this! Having the surgery was the worst decision I've ever made! I am mortified about what I've done to my body, how I feel physically, emotionally, everything. I feel so alone and so lost and so hopeless...this stupid surgery has taken everything from me! I've struggled with depression before, but now I feel like I have nothing to live for...

Btw, I'm going to call my doctor in the morning, but what can he do? It's not like he can reverse it...

Did any of you guys go through this? I feel so alone.... :-([/quote']

feeling the same. my surgery was Monday & I'm still in so much pain. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I only eat Jello pudding eas Protein drinks. I'm so scared I'm going to fail.

Ok 5 months out and occasionally still ave those days but I then I put something on that I could never wear before and it makes me feel a little better...I feel like I'm missing out here and there with BBQ s and birthday party's cause everyone is eating and enjoying themselves and I'm just watching ...but I wasn't happy before and I couldn't do a lot before...my kids can put there arms around me and my husband gives me more affection and attention and I actually like it.. He tried before I lost the weight but I hated myself.' date=',.i couldn't believe I ever let myself get as big as I did and it kept me from enjoying life....it will get better and I promise that we are all here to support you...[/quote']

Celebration's don't have to be all about food! Cookouts have volleyball, baseball, Frisbee, and sometimes pools to swim in. Birthday parties have lots of fun games with children and adults. I could ONLY eat and watch everyone else have fun. I'll gladly pass up overeating for a chance to leave the sidelines and LIVE! :-)