Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping for Surgery. All Dr.'s info and pricing appreciated

Guest zsflower

Dr. Mark Pleatman

Bloomfield Hills, MI

$12,500 (includes 2 years of follow up)

Dr. Salvador Valencia

Hospital Angeles

Tijuana, Mexico

$9,000 (includes unlimited follow up)

phone number

877-765-THIN (8446)

Sandy

I know a lot of people have serious issues with Mexico surgery but ...

Dr. Arturo Rodriguez has performed over 4000 surgeries. I know three people who have been banded by him, and all are very happy with it. He does something called the Swedish Band which, I believe, holds more volume than average (don't quote me on that).

He has three plans, depending on which hospital you choose. Two of the hospitals are brand new. I was told they are "exactly like any new hospital in Phoenix" (the largest city within a few hours of where I am). They will give you information on fill doctors in your area before you decide for sure. All three of the plans are under 10 grand, which was my budget llimit as well.

You're required to stay in Mexico at least two nights (one night in the hospital, one night in a hotel that they cover).

As I said, many people have concerns about surgery in Mexico, but of those I know, I've only heard seriously positive feedback.

Also, forgot to mention. Dr. Rodriguez includes 2-years free fills, as long as they're in Monterrey. I won't do it, because the flight alone was $500 for me, but if flight cost is not an issue ...

Thanks everyone.

I have a question about Tiajuana. I'm an east coast girl all my life. I've heard stories about Tiajuana in fact my sister the flight attendant told me that in her trips to California, the airline she works for simply tells them "don't go to Tiajuana". The "rough" areas of Tiajuana are "worse than they were years ago".

I have to say this is a concern for me. Anyone also experience a less than stellar surgery environment in Mexico??

I know the Mexican price is good but does it come at a cost?

Don't just go for the lowest price, go for one of the best Dr's around, Dr. Kuri !!!!!!:clap2: he is in TJ Mexico price is around $ 8,500 for every thing (not flight) tests, Dr's fee,(new) hospital stay,band, free fills (in Mexico) or a list of fill Docs. near you at a good price, pick-up and drop off at airport,and for someone to stay with you at the hospital and hotel .Check out his web sight, you will not be sorry.:clap2: belightweight.com GOOD LUCK !!

Lap Dancer :

WRONG , WRONG , WRONG, It is safe in TJ Mexico we walked all over and went shopping, to dinner etc. NO probs. Just like most big citys you just have to be alert of your surroundings, its probably not a good idea to go walking down the street at 2:00 am, but the rest of the time its OK. In the area of the hospital its very safe and clean.

Like I said the Hospital is NEW and top noch, My wife work around hospitals here in the USA and she said there hospital was one of the cleanest she has seen. There cleaning crew work 24/7 and it shows..