Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not sure I can adequately explain how I'm totally feeling right now but I need to just talk it out. Most people would never know just how low my self esteem has been the last several years. I've been ashamed and embarrassed and its even led me to shy away from social events with my husband. He is a attractive fit military member and I always felt I was a poor reflection on him. In my social circle I was the funny girl everyone could count on to be the life of the party. I've just now started to feel shreds of confidence starting to come back. I've described myself for years as looking like I was shaped like humpy dumpty. Maybe I'm being vain but idk how that works still being a chunky girl..I got out of the shower and I saw everything wiggle so bad! From head to thigh. Lose skin all around idk if I could get taken off even if I lost more. I've got a nice chunk to lose still and idk what I was thinking..like the skin sag would miss me..or perhaps I'm young enough I'm gonna snap back. I see the face in the mirror and she looks so familiar but yet without the fat she's a stranger..where did these lines come from? I still have a big roll of fat on my belly and I could pretty much roll the skin under it. I'm ashamed I'm being so vain but I guess it's gonna be another adjustment. My husband was no help and my friend just said how that's what I wanted. Yeah it was and I still do. Just gotta get use to this I suppose.

Hang in there... Remember we didn't do this to look like Americas Next Top Models... This was to be healthier. I had a major belly and I'm trying to target it right now with Tae Bo Advanced and calistetics. I've seen a MAJOR decrease in my abdominal area. Just stick to it.

I'm stunned by you message, only because I didn't think anyone else felt the same way I do. I've lost a 100lbs,& just now I can see that I lost weight, not to mention I had to buy a few things because my clothes were hanging off me, my husband & family would tell me they saw the wt loss,but I just saw big old fat me. Now that I did a little shopping, the girl I used to be is waking up, I started wearing lipstick & jewelry again, even my wedding ring fits for the 1st time in 10yrs. I have all the hello juggles too,& I just asked my Dr, when could I get plastic surgery (I still have 140lbs left to loose) he told me 2 YEARS!!!! I wanted to cry, but I know I'll get there & then I'll feel as perfect as I hope the picture in my head is. In the mean time , I'm going to join a gym & buy Spanex lol! Hope you feel better about yourself & if you want to talk I'm here to listen, I could use a female to talk to who understands what I'm going through ( I live with my husband &2 sons) and as you can tell I like to talk, sorry for the long post, be well. Peace Mary

I'm stunned by you message' date=' only because I didn't think anyone else felt the same way I do. I've lost a 100lbs,& just now I can see that I lost weight, not to mention I had to buy a few things because my clothes were hanging off me, my husband & family would tell me they saw the wt loss,but I just saw big old fat me. Now that I did a little shopping, the girl I used to be is waking up, I started wearing lipstick & jewelry again, even my wedding ring fits for the 1st time in 10yrs. I have all the hello juggles too,& I just asked my Dr, when could I get plastic surgery (I still have 140lbs left to loose) he told me 2 YEARS!!!! I wanted to cry, but I know I'll get there & then I'll feel as perfect as I hope the picture in my head is. In the mean time , I'm going to join a gym & buy Spanex lol! Hope you feel better about yourself & if you want to talk I'm here to listen, I could use a female to talk to who understands what I'm going through ( I live with my husband &2 sons) and as you can tell I like to talk, sorry for the long post, be well. Peace Mary[/quote']

Thanks Mary. I'm glad I'm not being perceived as ungrateful or far out there. I have some Spanx and I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up and put them on. You are doing amazing and that's such a inspiration. I feel like "me" in alot of ways I guess the mirror is being truthfully honest. I'd love to talk. I live with my hubby and one son :)

Hang in there... Remember we didn't do this to look like Americas Next Top Models... This was to be healthier. I had a major belly and I'm trying to target it right now with Tae Bo Advanced and calistetics. I've seen a MAJOR decrease in my abdominal area. Just stick to it.

:) thank u. Ur totally right

This is the reason why I'm having Plastic surgery. I'm sorry but if I was 300lbs before lost it all or 211lbs like I was it would be the same. I'm 34 years old. If I was 20 I'm sure it will be the same issue. Your body doesn't bounce back no cream no exercise. Who ever says this cream will firm you up is a crap talker. That exercise will make you feel good of course. May help with muscle yes but your saggy skin will still be there. Saggy skin will not go away so we either live with it or find a way to pay for it. Insurance company will not cover plastic surgery. There are some out there that would cover something but I wouldn't know. I can relate to everything you mention.

I don't wanna be next top model but I wanna look & feel awesome. I will not be happy until these body image is solve.

Your friend saying that's what you wanted was what my spouse told me. I said I wanted to be slim not saggy that's what I wanted.

This is the reason why I'm having Plastic surgery. I'm sorry but if I was 300lbs before lost it all or 211lbs like I was it would be the same. I'm 34 years old. If I was 20 I'm sure it will be the same issue. Your body doesn't bounce back no cream no exercise. Who ever says this cream will firm you up is a crap talker. That exercise will make you feel good of course. May help with muscle yes but your saggy skin will still be there. Saggy skin will not go away so we either live with it or find a way to pay for it. Insurance company will not cover plastic surgery. There are some out there that would cover something but I wouldn't know. I can relate to everything you mention.

I don't wanna be next top model but I wanna look & feel awesome. I will not be happy until these body image is solve.

Your friend saying that's what you wanted was what my spouse told me. I said I wanted to be slim not saggy that's what I wanted.

I agree with doing what you need to to to look and feel healthy. Nothing wrong with being model material if that's what you want...and you are healthy. For every each's own. I will prolly need work done as well.

I am not sure I can adequately explain how I'm totally feeling right now but I need to just talk it out. Most people would never know just how low my self esteem has been the last several years. I've been ashamed and embarrassed and its even led me to shy away from social events with my husband. He is a attractive fit military member and I always felt I was a poor reflection on him. In my social circle I was the funny girl everyone could count on to be the life of the party. I've just now started to feel shreds of confidence starting to come back. I've described myself for years as looking like I was shaped like humpy dumpty. Maybe I'm being vain but idk how that works still being a chunky girl..I got out of the shower and I saw everything wiggle so bad! From head to thigh. Lose skin all around idk if I could get taken off even if I lost more. I've got a nice chunk to lose still and idk what I was thinking..like the skin sag would miss me..or perhaps I'm young enough I'm gonna snap back. I see the face in the mirror and she looks so familiar but yet without the fat she's a stranger..where did these lines come from? I still have a big roll of fat on my belly and I could pretty much roll the skin under it. I'm ashamed I'm being so vain but I guess it's gonna be another adjustment. My husband was no help and my friend just said how that's what I wanted. Yeah it was and I still do. Just gotta get use to this I suppose.

He may be crazy, but my husband loves the wiggle jiggle, especially on the rear end! He grabs it all the time! It is so weird how the body goes from being a hard, solid fat to the wiggle jiggle. I will probably want some work done someday, but for now am just enjoying the weightloss.

Thank you! This totally hit the core for me. I still see fat ol me when everyone sees how great I look now.... I've always been the funny dependable friend. I've never been then skinny popular one. Always the fat girl with the nice smile. My self esteem was on major E!

I pisses me off to get people opening the door for me, let me pass first, and double takes when walking. I feel people are shameful and only look now because I look better.

Okay off that back to jiggle!

I still still all the skin and it all jiggles... Hate it! I think this inhibits my ability to see a smaller me. It moves and it's all hanging and nasty. I never thought I would want plastic surgery but with all this hanging I think it's a huge possibility now:(

He may be crazy' date=' but my husband loves the wiggle jiggle, especially on the rear end! He grabs it all the time! It is so weird how the body goes from being a hard, solid fat to the wiggle jiggle. I will probably want some work done someday, but for now am just enjoying the weightloss.[/quote']

This made me laugh..I mean how could u be sad about skin when ur man loves it lol

Thank you! This totally hit the core for me. I still see fat ol me when everyone sees how great I look now.... I've always been the funny dependable friend. I've never been then skinny popular one. Always the fat girl with the nice smile. My self esteem was on major E!

I pisses me off to get people opening the door for me' date=' let me pass first, and double takes when walking. I feel people are shameful and only look now because I look better.

I still still all the skin and it all jiggles... Hate it! I think this inhibits my ability to see a smaller me. It moves and it's all hanging and nasty. I never thought I would want plastic surgery but with all this hanging I think it's a huge possibility now:(

[/quote']

I always thought about a boob lift before WLS but now after taking a look at my body it's a must be done.

I pisses me off to get people opening the door for me' date=' let me pass first, and double takes when walking. I feel people are shameful and only look now because I look better.

[/quote']

You have just described me. I was thin once but it's been a long time ago and I've struggled basically my whole adult life. Guess I'm afraid tricare won't pay for skin removal if not proven its a complication to my health. I know the batwings are here to stay. I'm tired of being the loyal and dependable one who also can make everyone laugh. I wanna be that..and so much more. Right now I'm not seeing the changes as much in the mirror. I see larger chunks of "elephant skin" as I call it. Glad I'm lose my double chin and moon face but wish the little wrinkles still had something to plump it up. I think my biggest fear is I'm gonna look older and haggard with the fat gone. Arms to thighs right now jiggle. Guess it's better to be healthy and sag than look like a unhealthy sausage rolled into tight casing. 7weeks out and only sex twice. Idk if I will ever feel like he will want me again in that way and rejection will prevent me from making moves on my own. Wls is only a small part of restoring my self esteem.

I always thought about a boob lift before WLS but now after taking a look at my body it's a must be done.

I think I may end up having to have this. I'm not sure how it all would even come about but I think I'm gonna want it removed.

Your right! Wls is only working on the weight loss, nothing more nothing less.

My husband doesn't complain and initiates sex, but I don't like my body. My arms, my never ending stomach and my back rolls....... I can go on. But I love how I can do more than I ever thought I could. I loving how l feel, and that's a start. I'm working on accepting compliments, and not caring about I think people think of me. I've always been fat... Always! So I've adapted to being the different one. This this all new territory for me:/ but as my surgeon drilled our heads : it's stomach surgery not brain surgery. I still check myself out every chance I get: my shadow, mirrors, reflections in cars etc. and am amazed at what my eyes see.

Your right! Wls is only working on the weight loss' date=' nothing more nothing less.

My husband doesn't complain and initiates sex, but I don't like my body. My arms, my never ending stomach and my back rolls....... I can go on. But I love how I can do more than I ever thought I could. I loving how l feel, and that's a start. I'm working on accepting compliments, and not caring about I think people think of me. I've always been fat... Always! So I've adapted to being the different one. This this all new territory for me:/ but as my surgeon drilled our heads : it's stomach surgery not brain surgery. I still check myself out every chance I get: my shadow, mirrors, reflections in cars etc. and am amazed at what my eyes see.[/quote']

Sometime it reminds me about how it was as a teen..peering into the mirror checking the changes out. My husb gave me a compliment on my hair today and I was kinda stunned. I am at the point where people are noticing but I don't get alot of feedback. Idk I hope I'm having some pre pms moodiness. About ready to go do some shopping but I haven't shopped in a long time cause I use to always get upset. I need to start laying out goals and making some changes. .