Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok is anyone else worried they might loose too much weight? I just went to dr today and I had surgery 6/4 and I'm down 38lbs! Am I doing something wrong? Dr said no it was great but I'm worried about the future. Will I get sickly skinny? I'm not a fan of that look. Maybe it's just the shock of losing that much that quick but I thought it would be alittle more gradual.

Hi! I had surgery a week ago today, 6/12/13. I just found this great forum resource and thought I would introduce myself.

I still have one week left of the full liquid diet before moving into soft foods and I have really been struggling with having the same old shakes and liquids. I did get some sugar free Jello today and that has been a nice addition.

I have lost 19.8 lbs. I have had an amazing recovery so far. I find that I am sleeping better at night and wake up refreshed each day - which was not happening before surgery. I don't get that mid afternoon energy lag or the feeling of needing a nap. I did begin my menstrual cycle this week, so that has been another interesting element in all this.

I appreciate all the posts and comments I've already read. Glad to have others to talk to on the same journey!

I. Want. food.

Sorry, I'm having a mini-meltdown. But I am so tired of Protein Shakes and liquids. I know it's only temporary, blah blah blah. I WANT FOOD!!!

I. Want. food.

Sorry' date=' I'm having a mini-meltdown. But I am so tired of Protein Shakes and liquids. I know it's only temporary, blah blah blah. I WANT FOOD!!![/quote']

Lol

Mzshay35 RNYTalk

Ok. I think if I burp' date=' I'm full. I ate about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and diced peaches. Burped. Stopped. Feel full but not uncomfortable like I have in the past.[/quote']

That's how I been able to tell when I'm done, when I burp, that's it, I wait 30 minutes, drink Water, wait 30 minutes have a treat, wait 30 minutes, drink water again...I try and eat/sip in 30 minutes increments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using RNYTalk

So much for that. The 1/4 cup total of cottage cheese mixed with peaches? Yeah. That came back up. So' date=' so far, I can eat scrambled eggs and yogurt. What the hell did I do to myself? I just wanna cry.[/quote']

Try a different approach, try eating Gerber baby food, is not bad at all, you might like it and it may stay on your stomach, you have to train your stomach all over again like a baby, cheer up, I know it get bad but it will be okay...I'll be thinking about you.

I am feeling really blah today. I'm 6 days post op. i don't feel bad but I don't feel good. Anyone go through this?

Yes, I had a crying episode this past Saturday, it was bad, I couldn't eat, everything was off. I guess we all will have good and bad days. I hope you feel better.

I. Want. food.

Sorry' date=' I'm having a mini-meltdown. But I am so tired of Protein Shakes and liquids. I know it's only temporary, blah blah blah. I WANT FOOD!!![/quote']

Chew some food and spit it out, just taste the flavor but don't swallow, you may get sick, I know it sounds nasty but it works. It will remind you of why you decided to take this journey.

Ok is anyone else worried they might loose too much weight? I just went to dr today and I had surgery 6/4 and I'm down 38lbs! Am I doing something wrong? Dr said no it was great but I'm worried about the future. Will I get sickly skinny? I'm not a fan of that look. Maybe it's just the shock of losing that much that quick but I thought it would be alittle more gradual.

My team said you want to lose as much as you can at the beginning because you will get to a stall and at that point, that's when your body will catch up with this process.

It's called Protein Track. It has a red background with a man showing muscles. I wish it had a scanner for food' date=' but it does let you create a food so you can add anything you can't find.

I am 2 and a half weeks out. I started food on Monday. So far everything is going well. I am not really good at guessing if I am full or not. I just stick to weighing everything.

[/quote']

Thanks for the info. I still struggle with 2 ounces. You will get it.

General question....im not having any problems with liquids and in 7 days post op. pouch is suppose to be 2oz max but it seems like it is holding more? Im never really hungry and i try to follow a schedule...is this " normal" i was expecting to take two or three sips of Water and be stuffed...just curious if any one has some input

General question....im not having any problems with liquids and in 7 days post op. pouch is suppose to be 2oz max but it seems like it is holding more? Im never really hungry and i try to follow a schedule...is this " normal" i was expecting to take two or three sips of Water and be stuffed...just curious if any one has some input

I don't really get stuffed with liquids. It just goes right through. Unless its a really thick or heavy Protein Shake. I drink all day long to get my water in so I'm definitely drink more then 2-3 oz in 15 min. I'm two weeks out today.

thanks jeepchick42 its tough to quantify since i have no point of reference.

i just follow my surgeons instructions.

i guess when i make it to the pureed food stage the 2-4 tablespoon rule of thumb will make more sense.

I. Want. food.

You can get through this! I went through the exact same thing and made it to the soft foods stage without psychiatric help. Lol I'm not even kidding when I say I sucked the flavoring off of my fiancée Sunchips one night. Haha desperation. Try to make a new, yummy Protein Shake. Try chocolate powder, a tbs of unsweetened cocoa powder, a packet of sweetnlow, a drop or 2 of mint extract, skim milk, and ice. It will taste like a chocolate mint milkshake! No lie! Delicious!

I. Want. food.

We all went through it. Take a breath, tomorrow is a new day. I got so sick of the shakes!