Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My nurse said today(I'm 6 days post op) she doesn't understand why ppl fight the pain meds. That's why they give them to you... Struggling through the pain isn't going to heal you any faster . And it's going to take more than one bottle of pain meds to become addicted to them. Mine have been a blessing. I am down to taking one script and one Tylenol. All is going great! :) drain tube out Wednesday! Whoo hoo

Thanks for that. If the pain comes I will definitely take my pain meds and not try to be superwoman. Lol

I just feel so nauseated and weak. I ended up taking some pain medicine 15 minutes ago because I thought why fight it? My BP was a little high too and that can be a sign of pain.

I don't know how you are going to work tomorrow. How far out are you? I really haven't had the " why did I do this to myself" until today. Im miserable and hope this bloated feeling passes. I keep walking my house and doing walking in place. It is way too hot to walk outside (Florida).

Im just whiny and this isn't like me at all. :(

I had this same moment on this past Saturday, I was so emotional, I felt bloated, like something was stuck, BP was running high, pulse was high, I was tripping, I was miserable, it will pass.

I had my first BM!!!! Whoo hoo feel soo much better! Lol

Live this!!!! I had my first today too, and holy lord it was terrible but I'm so happy and relieved! Good job!!

Yep clear liquids first week after surgery... Then full liquids for 2 weeks, then purée :)

Surgery day June 12. Learning how to be creative on my full liquids phase. But must note to self how terrible I feel eating to much. :(

Yep clear liquids first week after surgery... Then full liquids for 2 weeks' date=' then purée :)[/quote']

Drs are so different. Some people move into mooshy phase after only a few days post surgery

My nurse said today(I'm 6 days post op) she doesn't understand why ppl fight the pain meds. That's why they give them to you... Struggling through the pain isn't going to heal you any faster . And it's going to take more than one bottle of pain meds to become addicted to them. Mine have been a blessing. I am down to taking one script and one Tylenol. All is going great! :) drain tube out Wednesday! Whoo hoo

You are right. I don't know why I was feeling like I had to cut back. I guess I was thinking I might get more pep back but in reality I just was in pain and weak and tired. I am going to cut myself some slack and listen to my body from now on. I just got done eating dinner and was able to eat 3 ounces of ricotta cheese which was nice. Tomorrow my goal is to get my Water in. I've only been getting in 6 - 7 glasses a day.

Hi all. Surgery was Thursday' date=' so 3 days out. I'm feeling pretty good. Gas isn't too bad. Soreness on left side is worst after I've been sitting or laying for awhile. So far no problems with Water and Protein shakes. I'm so thankful that my recovery is much better than I anticipated. I'm so glad for all the support on this site. :-)[/quote']

My left side was the worst pain as well. Hope it goes away soon.

I'm 11 days post op and have always had pain in my right side' date=' near the largest incision. The last few days I have been more active and the last few days I have been getting a sharp pain kinda in the middle of my abdomen prob about 4-5in above belly button. Is this normal? It's very sharp if I stand up too long or move certain ways. Lortab is the only thing that helps and that's only a little. I'm prob gonna call my surgeon in the morning but he's 2 hours away so I was Wondering If anyone had any insight?![/quote']

It sounds like a pain I had. Mine ended up being gas pains. Worst pain ever!

Maybe you ate too much of it? Another thought - seems like I remember my nut saying that potatoes and bread (carbs I guess) can expand in your tummy. Maybe that's what happened. Don't quote me...I may be misstating something. It's just a vague memory as to why we aren't allowed carbs in the beginning.

I can have potatoes, but I must get in the Protein first. My NUT told me that I would most likely not get to a second item on the menu for a few weeks.

Is it weird that I can tolerate way more than 2-3 ounces of fluids at a time?

I think fluids are much different than real food. I could also get in lots more liquid, but could only eat half an egg tonight for my first meal.

I'm getting concerned because I seem to be able to eat more than everyone else can on soft foods. All I need is for this not to work either. Like for dinner I ate almost a whole hard boiled egg, and a piece and a half each of very thin ham and cheese from the deli.

I'm getting concerned because I seem to be able to eat more than everyone else can on soft foods. All I need is for this not to work either. Like for dinner I ate almost a whole hard boiled egg' date=' and a piece and a half each of very thin ham and cheese from the deli.[/quote']

How much did it weigh? That's what I've been going on. I don't go over 4 ounces right now but I am really early in. I stay around 2 or 3 ounces typically.

What is amazing to me is the fact that I am just not hungry at all. I woke up at 6 this morning and so far today I've had the following and only because I am making myself eat / drink regularly:

6:30 a.m.: 1 ounce plain greek yogurt with 1 ounce sugar free apple sauce mixed together. I mix in my crushed bp pill so no taste

10:30 a.m.: 1 scoop vanilla powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder with 1/2 banana and 1 cup of skim milk blended (took me an hour to drink)

3:00 p.m.: 8 ounces of skim milk

5:00 p.m. : 2 ounces of plain greek yogurt

I have been drinking Water throughout the day but am only up to about 30 ounces so far. Still a ways to go. and interesting that I started feeling nauseated at 3:00 today and figured out it was because I hadn't eaten anything. The skim milk helped. I need to try and get something every 2-3 hours to offset that a bit. I think for "dinner" I am going to have another Protein smoothie with the banana. My potassium was low and I don't want the IV drip of that ever again. It burned and was very painful. In fact' date=' it was the worst part of my hospital stay.

So, 4 days out and doing pretty well overall. I still get tired. I took an hour and a half nap today which is not something I would normally do, but I didn't fight it. I've only taken my pain medication once today. For the last hour I have been surfing the Eggface website. Lots of great ideas on that site. I love her and her ideas![/quote']

I LOVE that website! Glad to hear you are doing so well!