Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so around 4pm i started drinking an 8 oz. protien and PB2 shake. i only had about 2 oz. left @ about 4:40 give or take when all the sudden i felt like something was stuck in the bottom of my throat. it hurts to swallow and hurts all the way to in between my boobs. It hurts like hell. I tried drinking warm Water to see if that helped but only made it worse. Here it is 6pm and it still feels the same. Has anyone else experienced this or know what is causing it? Im sared and in pain : (

I don't know. Could it be an esophagus spasm? Have you called your surgeon? Mine calls me back really quick...

I have had this pain a few times and Saturday night it happened and I threw up after an hour and a half of walking the floors of my house. First time throwing up since surgery on April 2. Then the pain came back and threw up an hour later too. Went to my dr on Monday and he is going to do a scope to see what is going on. Said scarring could be causing a stricture. Did fine first 5 weeks and then all of a sudden, food and sometimes even drinks causes that pain...like it is stuck and has no where to go. Hope you feel better soon.

Ok so around 4pm i started drinking an 8 oz. protien and PB2 shake. i only had about 2 oz. left @ about 4:40 give or take when all the sudden i felt like something was stuck in the bottom of my throat. it hurts to swallow and hurts all the way to in between my boobs. It hurts like hell. I tried drinking warm Water to see if that helped but only made it worse. Here it is 6pm and it still feels the same. Has anyone else experienced this or know what is causing it? Im sared and in pain : (

I agree with Nel... Could be a spasm. I would get them all the time when I had my sleeve done. I would also get them in my stomach. Call your doc. If its a spasm there are meds that could help.

I didn't call the surgeon since it was after office hours and I didn't feel it was a true emergency. I did call a friend who had RNY in November and she said I drank my Protein Shake too fast and it was from that. She told me to walk walk walk!' Not to eat or drink until it was gone. It finally went away around 8:30. But I haven't had anything to eat or drink since. Figured I would wait till the morning and see if it happens again.. If it does I will call the surgeon.

I didn't call the surgeon since it was after office hours and I didn't feel it was a true emergency. I did call a friend who had RNY in November and she said I drank my Protein shake too fast and it was from that. She told me to walk walk walk!' Not to eat or drink until it was gone. It finally went away around 8:30. But I haven't had anything to eat or drink since. Figured I would wait till the morning and see if it happens again.. If it does I will call the surgeon.

I'm glad it went away... Hope it stays away! :)

Thanks everyone for the advice !! I hope I never have that problem again! I will be praying tonight !!! I will keep you all updated if it returns on what the dr. Says!

shame you poor woman! i am glad you are better now! that really is very scary.

I've been having a little problem myself for these past 2 days, a bit of a stuck pain seemingly in the same place. I've made a lenthy post about it in the post op group, don't want to state everything here again.

but reading the other answers it really scares me. i've been doing relatively well, and perhaps getting a bit too cocky - by not eatling slow enough (how slow is slow???), and having little tastes of things i shouldnt be having yet (but I am feeling fine!)

i am so scared now and just want to climb into a box and cry, cry!

So glad your better now.

No problem today except throat seemed a little sore. Maybe it was a spasm. I'm going to let my dr. know about it anyways. But praying I doesn't return

How are you doing these days LilBoo?

No problems with my stomach since that day !!!