Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Australia want to come and join!

Not defined goal yet but expecting to be 75-80 as 174 cm - will be able to see my toes!

Good luck Friday - it's all positive from having the defining date - makes it v real!

Getting a date will make it real your are not wrong there! It will probably make me super nervous two, I'm already having the "what would my kids do without a mum" thoughts :(

Your goal sounds excellent for your height. I'm aiming for 60kg as I'm 165cm it will put my BMI at around 23 smack in the middle of healthy.

Hi there I had my band to bypass revision on the 13 may. I'm from Perth western Australia.. Where are you all from. When did you have your surgeries..??

Felt great after surgery and on liquid diet. Just moved to purée and struggling but it will get better - it was hard to take fluids to start but after a couple of days all was well. I figure this is a lifelong change and the burning sensation I have in my chest after 2 spoons of food is because I ate it too quick !!!! Slow slow slow is the way to go !

Hey they I'm having trouble with my protien powder. Makes me want to hurl.. Can you tell me what you have tried and was t any good...it's so hard to pick anyone's brains from Australia. When did you have you op done??

Hi there I had my band to bypass revision on the 13 may. I'm from Perth western Australia.. Where are you all from. When did you have your surgeries..??

Hey how did it all go!! Glad to see you back. My name is Mim and Im from Sydney, no bypass yet I'm hoping to get a date tomorrow.

Hi all. Surgery took 8 hours. Lots of scar tissue from my band had to be removed..Itbwas harder than I thought. I found the nurses at the hospital didn't know much about bypass..they all kept on assuming I had the sleeve.. I came home 2 days after surgery..was off pain meds on day 4....because they made me feel sick. Had huge issues with diareah for about 4 days..that was the worst....I'm at two weeks now...tummy is still quite tender..just finishing the liquid stage of my diet and moving on to puréed. Had weet bix this morning..and it was nice to have normal food. I came home 3 kg heavier than when I went into hospital because of all the fluids they pumped into me. My energy levels are very low, I get tired very quick, but I am hoping that it will pass soon.

I went into surgery on the 13th may at 102.5 kg and today I am 94.3kg.. So that's a loss off 8.2 kg in 13 days.. Can't complain about that.. Back to work on Monday..hope I will be ok...it's not a heavy job..I just feel exhausted very easily....anyhow...suck that up..it is getting a bit annoying tho.

Oh and btw everything stinks and I have stinky breath and everything tastes funky.. Just in case you wanted to know that lol.......

Hi all. Surgery took 8 hours. Lots of scar tissue from my band had to be removed..Itbwas harder than I thought. I found the nurses at the hospital didn't know much about bypass..they all kept on assuming I had the sleeve.. I came home 2 days after surgery..was off pain meds on day 4....because they made me feel sick. Had huge issues with diareah for about 4 days..that was the worst....I'm at two weeks now...tummy is still quite tender..just finishing the liquid stage of my diet and moving on to puréed. Had weet bix this morning..and it was nice to have normal food. I came home 3 kg heavier than when I went into hospital because of all the fluids they pumped into me. My energy levels are very low' date=' I get tired very quick, but I am hoping that it will pass soon.

I went into surgery on the 13th may at 102.5 kg and today I am 94.3kg.. So that's a loss off 8.2 kg in 13 days.. Can't complain about that.. Back to work on Monday..hope I will be ok...it's not a heavy job..I just feel exhausted very easily....anyhow...suck that up..it is getting a bit annoying tho.

Oh and btw everything stinks and I have stinky breath and everything tastes funky.. Just in case you wanted to know that lol.......[/quote']

I hear you about the breath!!!!!!

I am on purée and still have Optifast dessert ! Yum also been out to restaurants this weekend and just had Soup :) half a cup!

Hi all I just had my bypass done last week which was a revision from the sleeve gastric Procedure. however I'm very disappointed it's one week today And I don't feel any different as I was expecting you feel that tightness and restrictions that I had with the sleeve. Instead tonight all I've done is been able to eat a lot more than I thought I could without any problems. Can anybody else tell me if they had the same experience and things fixed itself up or should I see my doctor again.

I lost 30 kg on the sleeve gastrectomy, which I had two years ago, and was not able to lose any more weight. I need to lose another 20 kg For health reasons. Feeling very down and disillusioned at the moment

Hi all I just had my bypass done last week which was a revision from the sleeve gastric Procedure. however I'm very disappointed it's one week today And I don't feel any different as I was expecting you feel that tightness and restrictions that I had with the sleeve. Instead tonight all I've done is been able to eat a lot more than I thought I could without any problems. Can anybody else tell me if they had the same experience and things fixed itself up or should I see my doctor again.

I lost 30 kg on the sleeve gastrectomy' date=' which I had two years ago, and was not able to lose any more weight. I need to lose another 20 kg For health reasons. Feeling very down and disillusioned at the moment[/quote']

Hi there. Congratulation.. If you are only a week out you should be having fluids, so not to feel too much restriction is normal as it just goes straight thru. I am three weeks out and just starting to eat a little more solid..today was the first day after eating meat that I could really feel the restriction..

I am band to bypass revision.

Don't worry ..,its all good

Hi thanks for you reply. I had felt restriction on the sleeve immediately, but there is nothing. One week out today. Lost 4kgs so that's a good step. I'm in Queensland Australia. Where are you? .

Hi thanks for you reply. I had felt restriction on the sleeve immediately' date=' but there is nothing. One week out today. Lost 4kgs so that's a good step. I'm in Queensland Australia. Where are you? .[/quote']

I am in Perth WA. It's hard to find Aussies out there that have had gastric bypass hey? I think that the whole revision thing kind of makes us paranoid..I felt like a bit of a failure after the band..so was also worried that the bypass wouldn't work...I had my op on the 13 th may...it took 8 hours for them to do because of all the adhesions..felt pretty crook afterwards...I've lost 10 kg..so pretty happy with that. After three weeks I'm the lightest I have been in about 5 years..

4 kgs in a week is awesome..I'm classified as a light weight at starting weight of 103kg.

How bout you.?? How did you find the op..how are you feeling.??

Hi long walk,

At my heaviest pre-sleeve, I was 136 KGB Got down to my lowest of 105. , Could not get any lower after two years crack back up to 113kgs at the time of the bypass

I'm feeling very good no pain right from the first night, And due to lack of sensations as I had with the sleeve, I was worried that it wasn't working. I still have that fear at the moment of course. My goal at the moment is get to 95 kg. Then hopefully down to 85 which will be where I will bully extremely happy but doubt I will get to that level. If I can get to 95 and maintain that I will be happy.

Hi long walk' date='

At my heaviest pre-sleeve, I was 136 KGB Got down to my lowest of 105. , Could not get any lower after two years crack back up to 113kgs at the time of the bypass

I'm feeling very good no pain right from the first night, And due to lack of sensations as I had with the sleeve, I was worried that it wasn't working. I still have that fear at the moment of course. My goal at the moment is get to 95 kg. Then hopefully down to 85 which will be where I will bully extremely happy but doubt I will get to that level. If I can get to 95 and maintain that I will be happy.[/quote']

Don't doubt yourself. I think 85kg sounds obtainable.. Do you have good back up from a nutritionist?

Hi There,

Nice to see some Aussie voices on this site. I am due to have my band removed on 10 July for revision to Rny scheduled for October. (The mandatory 3 month wait with my Dr).

I had around 4 yrs of success keeping weight off with the band and was down to around 85kg from original 145kg. Unfortunately I developed esophigal issues (too much vomiting I suspect) and ended up having all Fluid removed from my band.

Now I'm back to my pre band starting weight and feeling incredibly depressed about it - can't wait until Oct but very scared all at the same time.

Would love to hear from others especially anyone in syd - what doctor / clinics are u going to.