Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Australia want to come and join!

Hi There' date='

Nice to see some Aussie voices on this site. I am due to have my band removed on 10 July for revision to Rny scheduled for October. (The mandatory 3 month wait with my Dr).

I had around 4 yrs of success keeping weight off with the band and was down to around 85kg from original 145kg. Unfortunately I developed esophigal issues (too much vomiting I suspect) and ended up having all Fluid removed from my band.

Now I'm back to my pre band starting weight and feeling incredibly depressed about it - can't wait until Oct but very scared all at the same time.

Would love to hear from others especially anyone in syd - what doctor / clinics are u going to.[/quote']

Hi and welcome..nice to see some more Aussies...getting tired of converting to pounds lol. I am in Perth.. I had band to bypass revision on the 13 th may...pity u have to wait three months..but it will be worth the wait.

Hi and welcome..nice to see some more Aussies...getting tired of converting to pounds lol. I am in Perth.. I had band to bypass revision on the 13 th may...pity u have to wait three months..but it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for your reply long walk, u r right about the pounds to kg thing. Don't know how many times I've referred to my calc reading this site :)

Hope your return to work went ok and that your energy is starting to return - I read somewhere in the last day or so that 7 weeks po is the magic time things start to settle down after Rny. Look forward to hearing more of your progress :)

Hi again, Today is two weeks since my operation I've lost 6 KGS. I wish it was more but again still feeling no restriction but all in all feeling very good. I started eating very soft foods in chunky Soup tins, For example chicken vegetable and because the. Seats are soft vegetable and meets iTunes down to the consistency of puréed and makes it very tasty. So at the moment I'm feeling good and have no problems. I hope everybody else is the same.

Hi guys. How is everyone going? It has been almost a year since the last post so I don't even know if anyone will reply lol

I am Liz. I had sleeve surgery in August 2013. I actually stopped loosing weight at 3 weeks post op. I thought it was the normal 3 week stall but nope. Just stopped dead. Had a CT scan at 3 months post op that came back saying my stomach was normal sized. Would hate to think the size of it before sleeve surgery then lol.

Anyway, I was revised to bypass on 3rd March this year and going ok but extremely slow weight loss and my anti depressants have stopped working grr.

OK will wait to see if there is any replies

Hello James here. I live in Brisbane. First had a sleeve, which worked to an extent, then after two years had a bypass. From the start I was nearly 137 kegs now 91 and maintaining it easily and slowly loosing some more. Feel fantastic.

Hello everyone :-) I was super excited to see fellow aussies and NZ surgery compadres on here. My story is banding about 6 yrs and initially lost 40kgs (sw 120kg) now gained 20 back. Surgery went well but started having band issues after 6 months and was having to have the Fluid removed every three months then wait a month before having it refilled so have had enough of mucking around with it booked in for band removal and GBP on 7th October 14. Very nervous and excited all at the same time, worried about complications, Hair loss and surgery in general also HATE hospitals and staying in them. Not sure how everyone is going would love to hear and will keep u posted on my journey.

Hi new me, happy to chat on the phone with you. 0407173824 to answer any questions for you. James. Call any evening after 7.30 pm

Edited by renjames

Hello everyone, so glad to finally find a forum that may suit me. My GP recommended a gastric sleeve, but when I saw the surgeon, he recommended the Omega Loop, or mini gastric bypass. I am finding it difficult to find much information or support about this procedure; fairly new in Australia I believe and the surgeon, though very experienced in sleeves, not so much in the Omega Loop.

Have to decide soon though, my health is not improving and weight is not shifting - never has. So any ideas or suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

BTW I live on the Gold Coast, Qld.

Yes please! I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland and am contemplating having the Omega Loop surgery later this year.

Hi thanks for you reply. I had felt restriction on the sleeve immediately, but there is nothing. One week out today. Lost 4kgs so that's a good step. I'm in Queensland Australia. Where are you? .

I am in Perth WA. It's hard to find Aussies out there that have had gastric bypass hey? I think that the whole revision thing kind of makes us paranoid..I felt like a bit of a failure after the band..so was also worried that the bypass wouldn't work...I had my op on the 13 th may...it took 8 hours for them to do because of all the adhesions..felt pretty crook afterwards...I've lost 10 kg..so pretty happy with that. After three weeks I'm the lightest I have been in about 5 years..

4 kgs in a week is awesome..I'm classified as a light weight at starting weight of 103kg.

How bout you.?? How did you find the op..how are you feeling.??

Hi There,

Nice to see some Aussie voices on this site. I am due to have my band removed on 10 July for revision to Rny scheduled for October. (The mandatory 3 month wait with my Dr).

I had around 4 yrs of success keeping weight off with the band and was down to around 85kg from original 145kg. Unfortunately I developed esophigal issues (too much vomiting I suspect) and ended up having all Fluid removed from my band.

Now I'm back to my pre band starting weight and feeling incredibly depressed about it - can't wait until Oct but very scared all at the same time.

Would love to hear from others especially anyone in syd - what doctor / clinics are u going to.

Hello the long walk home...I am also booked for surgery on 7th October band to GBP in Brisbane....I am having the surgery done at the same time...I didn't want the GBP wanted sleeve but told can't after having a band :-( I am also nervous and worried about complications etc especially hair loss!!! would love to keep updated on how you go

Yes please! I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland and am contemplating having the Omega Loop surgery later this year.

Hello rettles I am interested in hearing more on the Omega Loop as I have not heard of this procdure were you able to find out more about it? When is your surgery date? Like you I was so happy to find a forum that suited, it has been great reading about others people's journies (good and the bad) so I have some idea on what to expect. My surgery is booked for October this year and i am having the full GBP here in Brisbane :) very nervous as each day draws me closer to my surgery date.

Good luck with your surgery and I am interested in hearing how you go

Hi all, I'd be interested to hear any experiences with the Omega loop (mini gastric bypass)! Im from south australia.

I had a band in 2007, lots of reflux and developed terrible eating habits. Went from 118.5kgs to 83... Lots of deflations and inflations to try and manage the terrible reflux. Then got pregnant and deflated the band again....Back up to 102 by the baby's birth. Then had the band removed in dec 2012, after I found out it had slipped. Waited 6 month and revised to a sleeve in may 2013... and went from 107 to 93 within the first 2 months and since then.... well, nothing. Up and down on the same 2 kilos :( my surgeon said my stomach was so damaged by the band that he just couldn't make my sleeve small enough. I can eat normal sized meals... The only positive is that I don't have any reflux! Surgeon recently went to a convention in Vienna about the Omega loop and thinks I might be a good candidate... So I'm booked in for October. I feel like a failure that this will be my 4th surgery related to weight loss, but hopeful that this might be the one! :)

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hiya I'm from Perth Australia booked for gastric bypass RNY on 25th October. I'm 31 6 ft 2 height and weigh 161kg.