Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

The best NSV is having a great time and all the things I can do now, I enjoy. :))

Looks like fun!!!

I had surgery May 6th, 2013. I went to subway today and ate a 6 inch flat bread sub and chips! I can't believe I ate that much. Before surgery, I would eat a 12 inch, Soup, and chips...so I guess it is better. I just don't know what to do, because I can eat now. I don't have many foods that bother me, so I am able to eat pretty much anything. I am down from 298 to 209 and want to lose about 35 more pounds. I work out 5-7 times a week (haven't been so faithful the last two weeks now, but started again). I am wondering if others are struggling with the fact that they can eat again!

<p>I had surgery May 6th, 2013. I went to subway today and ate a 6 inch flat bread sub and chips! I can't believe I ate that much. Before surgery, I would eat a 12 inch, Soup, and chips...so I guess it is better. I just don't know what to do, because I can eat now. I don't have many foods that bother me, so I am able to eat pretty much anything. I am down from 298 to 209 and want to lose about 35 more pounds. I work out 5-7 times a week (haven't been so faithful the last two weeks now, but started again). I am wondering if others are struggling with the fact that they can eat again!</p>

I've noticed that I can eat again too. Now that I'm able to eat a little more it worries the crap out of me too. I'm down to 175 from 308. Which, 135lbs is amazing. But, I'm terrified that my weight loss has stalled out almost. I think it's just that fear of failure coming back to haunt us.

Hi dana! I had surgery 9/25/13 and ate a six inch flatbread and a cookie today. U r right, way less than i used to eat, but way more than i should. No restriction, no dumping. Feels like i never had surgery. Scary!

Hi everyone... Surgery date was 5/28. I am down 122#. Just looked and have been stuck at this weight since 2/11. Frustrating! I have 23 pounds to go. I still struggle to get Protein and calories in every day. About 45-55 grams of protein and about 1000 calories is all I can do. But I found this new Greek yogurt called Yopa. It has 18g of protein and doesn't taste like Greek yogurt which is great for me. I am hoping that will kick start the weight loss again. The weather is finally getting better so I will be able to start walking again. I haven't been exercising which I know isn't helping my weight loss, but I have 0 energy...I am sure because of the protein....so I have it all figured out in my head...but I am hoping something here gives so I can start losing again! Look for Yopa at the store if you aren't a fan of regular Greek yogurts...this stuff is really tasty! Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone... Surgery date was 5/28. I am down 122#. Just looked and have been stuck at this weight since 2/11. Frustrating! I have 23 pounds to go. I still struggle to get Protein and calories in every day. About 45-55 grams of Protein and about 1000 calories is all I can do. But I found this new Greek yogurt called Yopa. It has 18g of protein and doesn't taste like Greek yogurt which is great for me. I am hoping that will kick start the weight loss again. The weather is finally getting better so I will be able to start walking again. I haven't been exercising which I know isn't helping my weight loss, but I have 0 energy...I am sure because of the protein....so I have it all figured out in my head...but I am hoping something here gives so I can start losing again! Look for Yopa at the store if you aren't a fan of regular Greek yogurts...this stuff is really tasty! Have a great day everyone!

We are similar. My surgery was 5/30. I've lost 108lbs and would like to lose 10 more. I was in a stall from Christmas to the middle of February, but have started losing again. It's been a cold snowy winter and I think the stall had a lot to do with me being less active. I, too, am looking forward to walking again - and doing almost ANYTHING outside. :-) I get all my protein without much trouble but have discovered that I tolerate pretzel sticks so I have them for one snack. I like the crunchy/saltyness. I noticed yesterday that was almost all I ate all day. Friday is my long day at work - 11 hours - but I've never eaten that badly before. I'm going to nip that habit in the bud. I've come too far to start sabotaging myself.

Here's to all the May peeps, and to the warmer weather to come!! Winter is on it's way out...

It is hard to believe that it has been a year already. Had my surgery 5/20/2013. I am down 107 lbs, at drs goal but would like to lose about 10, 15 more pounds. Not a lot of foods bother me. Found out sugar doesn't bother me, but things with high fat and/or fried foods tear me up. I can eat the same food as long as it is not fried. I can do fries in the oven, but not in a fiier..just had one fry and thought I was gonna die. Won't do it again. Can't wait to open our pool and get some swimming in. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I am loving my new life. How is everyone else doing a yr post op?

Wednesday is my 1 year surgiversary! Can't believe it has been a year. I started this journey at 300# and today weighed 164#, down 136. My doctors goal was 193, so I am well ahead of that, but I wanted to get to 150. But, I have sat at 164/65 for the past 3 months, so maybe I am done. Which I am ok with. I love my new life. I started training for a 5K. Walking every day now that the weather is nice in OH. I am doing better with Protein and calories. Sometimes I am afraid I eat too much. But some days I seem so hungry. People comment that they are surprised I eat that much, which is about 1/2 cup of food, only because for 9 months I was only eating 2-3 bites!

I went shopping yesterday at the Loft, Ann Taylor and Chicos. Got a new wardrobe to Celebrate my 1 year. All size 10/12. Yea! Hope all the May people are doing well. Updates!!!

I am on the loser bench. Ha ha! Does anyone else have the most pain from the j p drain? My other incision areas are barely bothering me. Just that darn drain.

Yes! My surgery was May 13. The drain site bugged me more than anything! Drain is out but still hurts a little now.

Yes! My surgery was May 13. The drain site bugged me more than anything! Drain is out but still hurts a little now.

Oops I am posting in the year post op....sorry

Roll call I am here surgery went great on May 19 and i am now 24 pounds down since surgery its great to be here on the losers bench, I didnt think I was going to get here because the entire process took me 9 months but it was so well worth the wait. Hello and congrats to everyone. Now if I can just get my frecking back to stop hurting.

Had my sleeve on May 29th. Down 42 pounds, had a bit of stall while on vacation but back on track. Still have some queasiness but having to learn to eat slower. Had few kidney stones attack which messed me up with eating as I had to push more fluids...hope that's over. It's a learning process, but very happy I did this