Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aunt Flo is back again? seriously!

Okay so for all my fellow PCOS sufferers, we know that there are long times between cycles and that is usual. I hadn't had a period for almost a year before January. Then with all the weight loss prior to surgery (-43 lbs), I had three in a row. I had one that started on 4/9 and lasted 3 or 4 days. Then had surgery on 4/15, and am in pain now. Just noticed that a period started this am. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thankfully I have Implanon as my bc! It not only has helped with the pain from my PCOS but I haven't had to see Aunt Flo for about 2 years now! :-) I'm sorry you are seeing her again though :-( I'll be prayin for ya!!

HW 305 SW 292 CW 278 GW 150

Okay so for all my fellow PCOS sufferers' date=' we know that there are long times between cycles and that is usual. I hadn't had a period for almost a year before January. Then with all the weight loss prior to surgery (-43 lbs), I had three in a row. I had one that started on 4/9 and lasted 3 or 4 days. Then had surgery on 4/15, and am in pain now. Just noticed that a period started this am. Has anyone else had this issue?[/quote']

I too started mine this morning and hoping it ends in seven days like normal, but some people are telling me their has last between 10-15 days. I hope that's not the case....that would suck! And Hey how are you doing with the weight loss? If I'm correct we had surgery the same day April 15th. How are you doing? :)

HW 270lbs SW 258lbs April 15 2013 and Goal Weight 170

Yeah, 4/15 was the day. Honestly, I have been hurting so much when I stand up that I have only stood on the scale once since I have been home. At that point, I had gained a lot due to IV and gas, but have lost most of that now. I am sure that I have lost weight, I feel smaller in my clothes and chair. I am glad I am not the only one who started theirs too, and I heard back from my surgeon who said it is normal at this point to have one that lasts. All I can think is why would my body add this pain to everything else right now? I have hardly been doing any walking but have done well with the full liquid. How have you been doing?

I too have PCOD. I didnt have a period for maybe 6 months, then when I went on my pre-op eating plan, I had 2 regular ones. My surgery was 4/17 and if my period had stayed regular, then I should have gotten it and had been done by 4/17....but it never came.

I was praying it didn't come on the day before or day of surgery - and it didnt.

I stayed in the hospital nights of 4/17 & 4/18 and 4/19 I had bad cramping in my left lower abdomen which turned out to be my period on 4/20. Once it started, the cramping stopped. I also think that this attributed to the weight/fluid retention since I came out of hospital weighing 5 lbs more. I am hoping by Friday, it will be gone and the fluids with it.

Yeah' date=' 4/15 was the day. Honestly, I have been hurting so much when I stand up that I have only stood on the scale once since I have been home. At that point, I had gained a lot due to IV and gas, but have lost most of that now. I am sure that I have lost weight, I feel smaller in my clothes and chair. I am glad I am not the only one who started theirs too, and I heard back from my surgeon who said it is normal at this point to have one that lasts. All I can think is why would my body add this pain to everything else right now? I have hardly been doing any walking but have done well with the full liquid. How have you been doing?[/quote']

Well I am seeing changes and have lost 16lbs and I feel like that's way too much it only being 6 days post op. I'm having a hard time keeping anything down so Water is my best friend right now. Trying new things everyday too see if I can hold it down. So glad you are doing great :)

What foods work for you so far? I have been fine eating Soups and even added string cheese (really chewing it though). 16lbs is great! I am curious what I have lost but the curiosity hasn't trumped the pain yet. Maybe tomorrow. I will keep you updated. :-)

What foods work for you so far? I have been fine eating Soups and even added string cheese (really chewing it though). 16lbs is great! I am curious what I have lost but the curiosity hasn't trumped the pain yet. Maybe tomorrow. I will keep you updated. :-)

Well today I tried chicken broth and some juice and it went down well. And yes please keep me posted, glad to have someone on the same recovery time frame as me and feel welcomed to message me if you like :)

Normal.. I had a period prior to surgery and 5 days after started again and it lasted 14-15 days. Our bodies are in a little shock from surgery, very normal even for none PCOS women.

I had PCOS for years and after I had lost some weight last year, I started getting my periods regularly. I stopped all Metformin a few months back and I was still regular. I was supposed to get my period the day of surgery 6/15/16, but thank fully I got it two days later while at home. I don't know if they will come back "on schedule" or due to the surgery trauma and such light eating, it will be delayed.

Hoping to have a red-less vaca in Sept!! :P :P :P