Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

I hopped in my husband's beater around town truck to take my dogs to the park. Now normally because I am so short I have to move the seat up so I can reach the peddles, the steering wheel, radio and gear shift. And normally I have to do this standing inside the door because my belly was too big to reach the manual lever located underneath the seat.

Today I got in totally forgetting that step for a second I almost jumped out but instead I went for it. And guess what? I was able to comfortably reach underneath me and move my seat up! I was so excited! I felt like a total weirdo with tears in my eyes heading towards the dog park.

after i bring in my bike, the hallway gets pretty crowded. i slid past through the space between the wall and the bike to get to the baby bike seat in the front and happened to catch my reflection in the door. the opening was very narrow and i wouldn't have even attempted (or at least got caught on the handlebars) before. it's so freeing to walk and know you won't bump into something or that you are small enough to clear a smaller space

oh, i must add, no gut was sucked in! flawless victory!

I had a new one today. I went to get a massage and facial (ahhh....) and after the massage she tells me to just put on one of their robes to move to the next room. Now normally, I would panic (or if I had been prepared taken my own robe) because no way I would fit in their random "one size fits all" robe - but it fit!! It was so cool to be able to put that on and not worry that it would be gapping open because it wouldn't close over my hips. It's the little things that keep me going....

I was able to "fit" into jewelry that I was never able to comfortably wear due to my weight. This morning I put on a Bracelet bought by my husband two anniversaries ago, that was only wore once and a ring my mother bought me for graduation almost four years ago that was never worn.

I can finally accessorize!

Rode every ride at Universal Studios!!! No modified seating needed!!

Just fit into shorts that haven't fit for years!

feeling my body get stronger has been so fun. the xbox workout that was at first challenging is now my cool down. and i fit a size 14 yesterday! so that was super cool :)

Just tried on clothes from my brothers wedding in 2008 and they fit with room to move! I was at my smallest ever at his wedding! Very excited to have them fit me! Now I need somewhere to wear them!

Today I went shopping the Factory Outlets in St-Augustine, FL

Bought a few clothes, size L , M and a size S pair of pants at IZOD

Can't remember when I could fit in this and only lost 33 lbs so far , 2 months out.....

Yaba da BA doooooo!

My sister came for a visit and she commented that ther is space between my thighs and calves. She said this was a sign of being model thin. I weigh 141 lbs so not model thin but still feeling so good. Also a very cute man tried to pick me up at an open air market and was very disappointed I was married. Made my day!

I went out for dinner last night for the first time post surgery!

Went to Earls and had a bento box but only had the salmon (without the sauce) - and only had about 2 ounces of it. :)

I think I did ok!

Oh and I tried on a pair of jeans that 6 weeks ago I couldn't even get up over my hips and I completely bypassed the "almost fit" stage!!!

They went from being way too tight to wear, to TOO BIG!!!

YAY!! (Wore them anyways just because I could ;) )

That totally pumped me up for the evening! This is really happening!!!!!!

Can't wait for more NSV'S! !!!!!

Edited by heather5565

Had a cool NSV yesterday that foreshadows the tremendous NSV potential ahead.......

So.....I'm a dude who gives not two thoughts to clothes.

I pretty much wear cargos or khakis at work with one of our company monogramed shirts. I prefer the polo style. Days off work....same basic deal....just cargos with t-shirts or polo shirts. Suit and tie on church Sunday. This is how it's been for a long time.

I've been out of work just under three weeks now, recovering from sleeve & umbilical hernia surgery.

Most of this time I've been wearing a few pairs of Under Armour long pants, shorts and t-shirts. These have gone from snug & in need of a "pre-wear stretch" prior to surgery.....to now being baggy and saggy once coming out of the clothes drier. Funny stuff. I never wore clothes from the drier.....and I usually did the "shirt stretch deal" as I put them on.

Now it's obvious. Old stuff doesn't fit anymore.

My wife and I had some events we wanted to go to yesterday, Halloween day. I'd gone out earlier in the morning and had a haircut and also got my beard trimmed up (I'd shaved prior to the surgery, but since then it's grown back). Anyway, came home yesterday morning with a ball cap on and wearing my normal UA pants and t-shirt.

After she got ready I went and got another shower (can't stand that feeling after a haircut) and got dressed.

I wore a pair of cargos that I bought the week prior to the surgery....now 3 weeks old. They'd just come out of the drier. Buttoned up they kept falling down as I was trying to find a smaller shirt to wear. Finally found a never worn polo that is made from a no-stretch dry-tech type fabric. It was hiding in my closet among the few smaller clothes that are in there.

Got the shirt on and belt cinched down to keep my freaking pants up. Looked in the mirror as I was brushing my teeth and thought, "Alright, dude.....you look human again".

I walked downstairs to grab a glass of Water and ran into my wife. She looked at me and burst out into tears. I'm like, "WTH ????" and she's smiling while crying and gives me a huge hug. "Have you seen yourself ?", she asked.

It was one of those spontaneous affirmations outa the clear blue that reminded me that I made the right decision in getting the surgery.

Later on in the day she commented....."Have you noticed how you are now walking......no limping". I did notice. I've only needed Advil on 3 occasions since the surgery as opposed to needing it 3 times per day every day prior to wls.

It's only been 2+ weeks since the surgery (down 31 pounds).....and 6 months since my weight loss efforts began (down 89 pounds).......and I already feel years younger.

It's at the point that I can't even conceive of how much younger I"ll feel once I reach the 1 year post-op mark. 47 now.......will probably feel like 27 after the first year.

Looking forward to wearing the same type of of button fly Levi's I wore in college. I've still got the old leather jacket that wore then, too. It's got some road rash from two motorcycle wrecks that I walked away from. It's going to feel great being that same guy once again......just a wiser & worn version.

47 heading toward 27. I'm down with that. :D

i went out with the kids (and my kid at heart brothers in law) to scare friends for halloween, and i kept up without giving any thought...until my bil asked if i was ok, just out of consideration. it was nice to realize that i was easily walking with the fast paced rest, sometimes even leading.