Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I had a great recipe for dried cranberry cheesecake squares...can't find it; bummer.

Is anyone baking Cookies this year,? I usually eat a bunch while baking, so I think I'll forgo this year...too much if a trigger. I'll just make cashew brittle.

I make cookies for neighbors and friends. I made a batch Thursday for my return to work yesterday. Still not hungry so I'm not tempted to eat them. This holiday is no stress for me because of that. It sure would be nice if that lasts forever! :-)

I had a great recipe for dried cranberry cheesecake squares...can't find it; bummer.

Is anyone baking Cookies this year,? I usually eat a bunch while baking, so I think I'll forgo this year...too much if a trigger. I'll just make cashew brittle.

If you find that recipe for the cranberry squares can you share it? It sounds great! The cashew brittle sounds good too... :-)

If you find that recipe for the cranberry squares can you share it? It sounds great! The cashew brittle sounds good too... :-)

I'm still searching...will post.. The cashew brittle us really easy if you don't mind boiling sugar, using a thermometer, etc. I get the cashews at costco, so they're cheap. Do you want the brittle recipe?

Have the doc check right away...I got really sick from my ulcer...be well, my friend.

Its weird I also broke out in hives an hour after that pain started yesterday. I may just head to the er today.

Its weird I also broke out in hives an hour after that pain started yesterday. I may just head to the er today.

Hope you went and are feeling better!!?? Keep us posted.

Hope you went and are feeling better!!?? Keep us posted.

I still have hives and getting tightening in the chest and throat when I eat. Zertech, Benadryl and cortisone 10 are not working. I will call my surgeon on Monday. Now my dam bladder hurts after peeing. Oh my lanta!! I'm to busy for this crap!

I still have hives and getting tightening in the chest and throat when I eat. Zertech, Benadryl and cortisone 10 are not working. I will call my surgeon on Monday. Now my dam bladder hurts after peeing. Oh my lanta!! I'm to busy for this crap!

*a tight throat*

Wow...sounds rough. Can you wait Monday?

I'm still searching...will post.. The cashew brittle us really easy if you don't mind boiling sugar, using a thermometer, etc. I get the cashews at costco, so they're cheap. Do you want the brittle recipe?

I'd love it, if you don't mind sharing. :-)

Cashew brittle:

2 c sugar

1 c light corn Syrup

1/2 c Water

1 c butter

3 c cashews

1 t baking soda

Butter 2 cookie sheets

In a large saucepan combine sugar, Water, and syrup. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil, add butter

Stir often when syrup is about 230 degrees..

When at 280 degrees (soft crack stage), add cashews

Stir rapidly and constantly until hard crack stage, 300 degrees

Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda

Pour immediately onto cookie sheets and spread with wooden spoon. Remove from pans when cool and break into pieces. Store in airtight containers...

Pan can be quickly cleaned by running under very hot water.

Delish!

Cranberry cheescake bars

Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray

21/2 c graham cracker crumbs

1/2 c butter

2tbls sufar

Cranberry cheescake bars

1/2 c butter, melted

2tbls sugar

Mix crumbs, butter and sugar...press into prepared pan..bake at 350 for 10 minutes

Cool

32 oz. Softened cream cheese

1 c. Sugar

2 t. vanilla

4 eggs

12 oz. White chocolate chips

1 1/2 c dried cranberries

Reduce oven to 325

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy

Beat in eggs one at a time

Add 1/2 chips and cranberries to batter

Pour into prepared crust

Top with remaining chips and cranberries

Bake about 35 minutes..center will still jiggle a bit

When cool, top with:

4 oz.cream cheese

1/2 c. Powdered sugar

1 t.vanilla

Combine...thin with milk until able to drizzle

Refrigerate 2 hours.

Yummy! Won't be eating any, but it's a hit with the family!

Cranberry cheescake bars

1/2 c butter, melted

2tbls sugar

Mix crumbs, butter and sugar...press into prepared pan..bake at 350 for 10 minutes

Cool

32 oz. Softened cream cheese

1 c. Sugar

2 t. vanilla

4 eggs

12 oz. White chocolate chips

1 1/2 c dried cranberries

Reduce oven to 325

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy

Beat in eggs one at a time

Add 1/2 chips and cranberries to batter

Pour into prepared crust

Top with remaining chips and cranberries

Bake about 35 minutes..center will still jiggle a bit

When cool, top with:

4 oz.cream cheese

1/2 c. Powdered sugar

1 t.vanilla

Combine...thin with milk until able to drizzle

Refrigerate 2 hours.

Yummy! Won't be eating any, but it's a hit with the family!

Thanks! Can't wait try it on the family! :-)

OMG that sounds heavenly. Bought a new bag of the cranberries and I know if I made this I'd make myself sick! I'm so weak!!! So far the cranberries are my snack fave now that blueberries are out of season. Haven't done any real baking for the season as we are in a tiny rental condo between locations but may give in soon as my son keeps asking why no Christmas Cookies. Mama will just have to be strong!!

OMG that sounds heavenly. Bought a new bag of the cranberries and I know if I made this I'd make myself sick! I'm so weak!!! So far the cranberries are my snack fave now that blueberries are out of season. Haven't done any real baking for the season as we are in a tiny rental condo between locations but may give in soon as my son keeps asking why no Christmas Cookies. Mama will just have to be strong!!

Moving and baking? You're a superwoman...I decided to forget cookies this year...I spend a ridiculous amount of money baking, and no one in our family needs the calories..least of all me. I'll just do some candy and make dessert for Christmas. I'm already getting flak for not baking...that's usually Breakfast on Christmas morning. Maybe I'll do brunch instead. Egg bake and German pancake with buttermilk Syrup.< /p>