Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op tattoos on Post-op body.

Hey guys!

I'm still pre-op, hopefully getting my surgery scheduled soon. But I'm itching to start my half sleeve. Does anybody have experience with tattoos they had before surgery and how they were affected after weightloss? I'll wait if I have to but I've been putting off the tattoo for a long time already. Thank u for your help!

Hey guys!

I'm still pre-op' date=' hopefully getting my surgery scheduled soon. But I'm itching to start my half sleeve. Does anybody have experience with tattoos they had before surgery and how they were affected after weightloss? I'll wait if I have to but I've been putting off the tattoo for a long time already. Thank u for your help![/quote']

Thanks for asking this...I got an awesome tattoo in LA last summer on my back before surgery and I am afraid it will deflate...going to wait for anymore until I have let the majority of my weight.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 294.9 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I'm wondering this myself. I have 5 tattoos but have been careful picking spots that I don't think would be effected too much. There are several others I want but I'm not sure how long I should wait.

I'm wondering this myself. I have 5 tattoos but have been careful picking spots that I don't think would be effected too much. There are several others I want but I'm not sure how long I should wait.

Ankle?

post-25320-13813811706603_thumb.jpg

weight.png

Thanks guys for replying. I have one on my ankle and one on my wrist. I'm not that worried about those. I just want to know if I got a large piece on my arm if it would distort as I lost weight. I carry quite a bit of weight in my arms, so I know they will change somewhat.

Thanks guys for replying. I have one on my ankle and one on my wrist. I'm not that worried about those. I just want to know if I got a large piece on my arm if it would distort as I lost weight. I carry quite a bit of weight in my arms' date=' so I know they will change somewhat.[/quote']

Maybe get it after your done losing?

I want one on my wrist next tribute to my mom and aunt breast cancer ribbon

weight.png

I am so ready for another tattoo but I am waiting till most of the weight is gone so it will be perfect!

I would wait until after surgery and closer to goal weight. My arms were chunky, I wouldn't say disproportionate to the rest of me, so now at 4 months out, 62lbs gone, my arms are definitely different. Batwings big time! I strength train 3x a week and cardio 3xs a week, and though they are changing in the positive I still wouldn't want to "waste" good ink on a changing body part. But that's my opinion. I have 3 tattoos and plan to get more ink as soon as I hit goal. Good luck whatever you choose! :-)

I have one on each shoulder, one just above my ankle, one on my wrist, and one on my upper chest. That's the only one I'm worried about. There is one more that I want behind my ear that I know won't be effected. Other than that I think I will wait until I'm done with the weight loss. Don't want it to end up looking droopy lol

I'm 14 years post op, the one tattoo I have looks like a blob of ink. Luckily it's where no one can see it.

post-22442-13813811731829_thumb.jpg

Saw this on Facebook today, reminded me of this thread :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

The tattoos I have now have not been affected by weight loss. I do want half sleeves but am waiting awhile because I want to eventually hopefully sooner then later... Have surgery to remove excess skin on my arms.

post-33011-13813811735073_thumb.jpg