Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am allowed to eat anything I want within reason of course says my surgeon. But every time I eat like bread or Cereal the other day a lasagna noodle I feel so guilty like I am doing something wrong. I have stayed away from all this stuff for so long but this week I have fell off the wagon so to speak. I ate a sausage egg cheese biscuit this week. Also had a fish filet from captain D's this week also had French toast from huddle house with SF Syrup at least and took me three days but had olive garden. Now I am munching on honey nut Cheerios. I have always had a eating problem a few days before my period but not like this afterwards. But I know tomorrow is another day and to just start out fresh and choose the right way to go

I am allowed to eat anything I want within reason of course says my surgeon. But every time I eat like bread or cereal the other day a lasagna noodle I feel so guilty like I am doing something wrong. I have stayed away from all this stuff for so long but this week I have fell off the wagon so to speak. I ate a sausage egg cheese biscuit this week. Also had a fish filet from captain D's this week also had French toast from huddle house with SF Syrup at least and took me three days but had olive garden. Now I am munching on honey nut Cheerios. I have always had a eating problem a few days before my period but not like this afterwards. But I know tomorrow is another day and to just start out fresh and choose the right way to go

When did you have surgery ?

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

October 29, 2012. I have lost 77 pounds since.

October 29' date=' 2012. I have lost 77 pounds since.[/quote']

Amazing!!! Keep up the good work

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

I normally don't eat like this week. Guess that's why I feel so guilty. Usually the carbs I eat is like 10 low-fat crackers a day.

I normally don't eat like this week. Guess that's why I feel so guilty. Usually the carbs I eat is like 10 low-fat crackers a day.

Just take it easy and remember how much work it will take to burn off those calories and its okay to feel guilty ,its your conscious telling you that, .....

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

Don't beat yourself up!! Crap happens...good thing is that you can't eat much of the things that you know you shouldn't. Pick yourself up and today... Concentrate on your Protein. Eat every 2-3 hours something small that is protein. You got this girlie!!!

Is your little pouch forcing you to eat small portions at least?

I know how you feel. My dr put me on the "lifestyle plan" which is like, back to eating regular food, within reason, and since he cleared me for this I've had 2 quesadillas, tortilla chips, and a low fat english muffin. Granted, I didn't eat a whole portion of any, but it's still bothersome to me because I was really good about avoiding carbs. I still stay away from rice and Pasta and bread, but I feel like eating tortilla chips/wraps is wrong.

I know this surgery wasn't to make us feel guilty for food choices and there will come a time in our life where even with our little pouch we don't feel restricted, but it makes me nervous about how I will make choices later if I'm making these choices now.

I think part of it was that I was on the such restricted Protein only diet for so long, I just wanted to eat something "normal" for a change.

I'm with you, today is a new day, a new week, and we are stronger than our food urges. Best of luck!

I think you should try to give your some slack. You are only human, and I'm sure that you would have eaten far more if you hadn't had the op. i am allowed to eat anything, I'm 6 months out, and just let myself be" norma"l... Which means now and again eating things that are not the most healthy (but no sugar...) and when i do its maybe 10%of what it would have been. I try to ask myself before eating it if its really what i want/ need and if theres a healthier option. I try not to have things that i would crave for at home ... Such as pringles!!!!

You are doing great with your weight loss and please dont feel guilt about it...

Hugs

Thank you and I love pringles!!! I am doing better today though not perfect but better

I know how you feel. My dr put me on the "lifestyle plan" which is like' date=' back to eating regular food, within reason, and since he cleared me for this I've had 2 quesadillas, tortilla chips, and a low fat english muffin. Granted, I didn't eat a whole portion of any, but it's still bothersome to me because I was really good about avoiding carbs. I still stay away from rice and Pasta and bread, but I feel like eating tortilla chips/wraps is wrong.

I know this surgery wasn't to make us feel guilty for food choices and there will come a time in our life where even with our little pouch we don't feel restricted, but it makes me nervous about how I will make choices later if I'm making these choices now.

I think part of it was that I was on the such restricted Protein only diet for so long, I just wanted to eat something "normal" for a change.

I'm with you, today is a new day, a new week, and we are stronger than our food urges. Best of luck![/quote']

If this helps Mission makes low carb tortillas. You could also cut them and bake them for your own chips. As well as I have used them for quesadillas. The other item I've made before is chips out of the low carb pitas. Just cut the pita in half then cut triangles. Loved those with red pepper hummus. Hmmm makes me want to go buy some now! Lol!

Also at vitalicious.com they sell low calorie and low carb English muffins. Another great source for tortillas and low carb foods is netrition.com