Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else scared?

My band day is one week from today. I'm starting to get really nervous and scared and wondering if I'm really doing the right thing. For the last few days I've been eating uncontrollably --worse than ever. I haven't been like that in the past. It's almost like I'm trying to eat everything I can because I know I won't be able to after next week. Anybody else do that? I know getting the band is the only thing that is going to help me, but after reading all the posts about the gas pains and surgical pains, I'm really getting aprehensive. Please tell me how you got through the last few days before your surgeries.:confused:

I wanted to eat everything in sight but my doc had me on a 2 week liquid diet before surgery. I wanted the procedure done so bad that it made that 2 weeks go fairly not completly but fairly easier. The day of teh surgery is when I almost backed out. I was lieing on the table them preparing me for the surgery and I thought oh mu gosh what am I doing. But I swallowed my fear and did it and let me tell you it was the best decision I have ever made. Sure there was a little pain after the surgery but nothing I really couldn't handle and after that first week things were pretty much back to normal except for the eating part. Stay calm everything will work out

my surgery is one week and one day from today.

i get butterflies in my tummy if i think about it too hard. i just try to go about my day almost in denial. i pretend it's not going to happen for a few weeks or months so i don't get myself all worked up.

i try to stop myself when i think of stuff like "is my will updated?" :faint:

i'm bringing a female friend with since my hubby can't get the time off... i'm scared to leave him and i'm scared to go through this without his hugs, kisses and comfort.

i think we just have to take it one day at a time. distract, distract, distract! my house has never been cleaner!

mostly though, when the scared-ness (woot! new word) starts seeping through, i think how awesome it will be to start my new life!!!

I'd actually be surprised if you were not a bit nervous, even if this something you really want, are excited about and want, you have researched to the inth degree- there is still a degree of feeling of stepping into uncharted territory, not being in total control etc.

I think fear and excitement are pretty closely related - two sides of the same coin

Look at how you came to your decision about wls, be confident that you can trust your decision and look to the final goal

As my day draws closer, the more nervous I get. I know that it will be worth it all in the end. That is the only thing that is keeping me from canceling the surgery. It doesnt help that my support group thinks that maybe I should try one more time to loose the weight without the surgery. I coming close to being my highest weight, again....

I have never been sedated before. I am a control freak and being sedated is not an easy idea for me to get use to. I know the day of the surgery I am probably going to make myself sick worrying.

Now I wouldn't say that I am eating everything in sight. I do have that mentally of I gotta eat this before I am not able to again. On Friday my hunny is taking me out to dinner to Celebrate Valentines Day and the last Big Juicy Steak I will eat for a very long time, if ever. My doctor has not put me on a diet before the surgery.

I would like to say today was SIX WEEKS without a cigarette!!! My motivation to quit was the surgery. I was fine with the cravings till today when I worked my mind into a nervous frenzy about the surgery. Its funny, what made me quit is what is making me want a drag real bad!!! HA Ha ha.....:heh: