Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

Tiff' date=' who did your surgery??

HW 341 GW 150 CW 289.6 RNY 03/25/13[/quote']

Dr. Okrainec

surgery date - Apr 5th/2013 9am

4 more days to go getting nervous

I'm so glad to here everyone is doing well with recovery!

Jessica, SD 4-11-13 follow me on Twitter: and Instagram: @skinnyjess2013

I'm quite nervous, excited, and scared. Surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. I've been on liquids since last Monday. Lost 4lbs so far. I've been on YouTube and blogs too much cause it's making me feel like that's still not enough to lose this week. But 2 more days to go.

Hi everyone, I'm new on here and just had surgery on Monday. I'm so happy I found this group. Everyone seems to be open and it's nice to be able to talk to people who are going thru the same things as I am. Sometimes talking to people who haven't struggled with being overweight or making the choice to have the surgery is tough bc they don't understand it. I've looked at some other threads and learned things or found recipes that I can try later on. I'm looking forward to sharing my journey and following others. Wishing everyone luck who has upcoming surgeries.

I had my appointment with ther surgeon today. I will be having my gall bladder removed at the same time.

I have not received the official call from the hospital yet but the surgeon said I am the first on the schedule...so should be 8am. Which means arrive at 6ish? I guess that is better than a late time with nothing by mouth!

Good news...no bowel cleanse! He said he has not found it to make a difference. Also... I wont need a catheter unless I have trouble urinating after surgery. Yay!

I'm so nervous and emotional!

Yes maam! 17 days and counting! I'm all ready, just waiting for the final insurance word which the Dr office is sure they will approve. I am not nervous one bit, just anxious and ready to go!

Woohooo! I'm ready to go too surgery sister :)

Im getting nervous because my doctor only required the six month diet no dietian or anything im scared about tge diet after he hasnt given me much advice he inly gave me samples

Well I had my psych eval yesterday. That was the last of the appointments for me. Doc office submitted my paperwork and in less than an hour I was approved. Doc office too busy this month to take me before so the 29th becomes my official date!! Yay!

So excited. It can't come fast enough. Good luck to you all.

I'm having surgery April 22. I just got my packet in the mail telling me i go for pre op testing at the hospital April 10th....then a pre op visit with the surgeon on April 18th. I only have to diet 3 days prior to surgery. Low sugar, low fat Soups and two Protein Drinks with skim milk a day to shrink my liver. They also want me to come to the office on the same day as my hospital pre op test to do a metabolic test...has to be on a empty stomach. What is that all about? Anyone know what a metabolic test is and how it's done??? Getting really excited!!!

The metabolic test I had went like this: They sit you in a chair and put clips on your nose. Then you breathe normally into a tube for about 10 minutes. That's it! Easy as pie :) Out pops your metabolism rate. Mine, to my surprise, was pretty fast.

Hey everyone. I'm recovery. Everything went great. Took about three hours. Pain isn't too bad...great pain meds. Gotta get up and start walking soon. All in all, I feel fantastic! Just really tired and they're watching my temperature cuz ita slowly going up.

I'm so glad everything went well MissTiff! Are you sleeping lots? I'm worried I'm gonna be bored outta my skull being in there for 3 days....

I'm so glad everything went well MissTiff! Are you sleeping lots? I'm worried I'm gonna be bored outta my skull being in there for 3 days....

Yea I've been sleeping lots lol and I'm bored outta my mind. But between the morphine and percocets for the pain I'm doing very well. Gallbladder removal was worse than this! I've been up walking.. was difficult the first time but I'm getting the hang of it with zofran being my bff lol im excited to go home tomorrow.

Hi, I'm new on here and my surgery date is April 13th. I did the 4 week liver shrinking diet so I start all liquids on Sunday. I was anxious about it because I've never had any type of surgery. I have a great doctor and a new support group and now you guys! It took years for me to decide, but here I am!

Are you sure it's April 13th? That's a Saturday... I haven't seen that before ;)

Ok so u thought id give everyone an update of all the craziness that has gone on since my egd after er visits and drs everyday and ct scan etc on thursday my LB dr emptied anither 5cc of Fluid out pf my band after the NP only took out 1cc on tuesday........he also gave me some xanax to help with the anxiety and finally thursday night i SLEPT ALL NIGHT! !!!! In my own bed without a stack of pillows and have felt soooo much better since ...he said that he thinks they scratched my esophogus during egd and possibly caused irritation to my band and stomach ....whatever it was im so happy it seems to be better i still have 2 go for another ct scan and pft on wed then on fri he will decide if im still on for the 16th which im pretty sure i will be since ive had no problems dince Thursday ....oh and another thing....i FINALLY COMPLETELY QUIT SMOKING! !!! havent had one since last tuesday and the few days before tuesday it was very little! .....i know may not seem like that long but ive never even quit for a day lol

I had my last pre-op appt with my doc on Wednesday. He went over my medical history with me again. Then he felt my abdomen, said my liver felt nice and soft. They weighed me again and I had lost over 30 pounds since I first met with him. He was very pleased with that. Then they gave me the metabolism test, which said my metabolism was pretty fast. They measured my body fat percentage--49.5%!!! Good Lord that's a lot of fat! And that's after loosing 30 lbs.! I must have been over 50% fat.

Anyway, I don't have to do a bowel/colon cleanse, which I was happy to hear. Today's my last day of shakes w/ a meal. Tomorrow I will be on Clear Liquids all day, and surgery Monday morning at 7:15 am. I have to be at the hospital at 5am. Yikes! I am so not a morning person. I sure am gonna miss my little chihuahua while I'm in the hospital.

Today I need to fill my prescription for Lortab so it's ready for me after surgery. I also was instructed to pick up some OTC prilosec to take for 30 days after the surgery. And Gas-X, but I already bought that.

Only 2 more days! I thought I'd never get here! :)