Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet is a fail for me, HELP!

I got the book, and I'm loving it! In lieu of a review, I invite you to take a look at my blog (follow if you like). I will be working through the book in the blog, and this will have the double-benefit of distracting me from wanting to eat for the sake of eating, as well as hopefully helping me tease out the negative and harmful self-talk until I can banish it completely.

I do highly recommend the book!

Just an update on my progress...I had my appointment to get weighed at my surgeons office today and I'm down 5.5 lbs. All that worrying for nothing! I'm at my lowest weight since I've started this whole process. I was also told today that when I lose another five lbs she will contact the surgeon to get my surgery date scheduled. I'm so close now! I just couldn't believe with the cheating I've been doing, that I actually still lost that much weight. I'm so happy and relieved. I think it's this med she put me on. It's suppose to control my insulin better, it's called Glucophage. I think. I'm not diabetic or anything but she says it helps with weight loss. I think it's working and I'm more determined to follow my liquid diet even more now to get quicker results and get that date scheduled!! I also scheduled an appointment with a therapist for next Thursday. I learned she recently went through WLS herself, so I think that's going to be very beneficial. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Just an update on my progress...I had my appointment to get weighed at my surgeons office today and I'm down 5.5 lbs. All that worrying for nothing! I'm at my lowest weight since I've started this whole process. I was also told today that when I lose another five lbs she will contact the surgeon to get my surgery date scheduled. I'm so close now! I just couldn't believe with the cheating I've been doing' date=' that I actually still lost that much weight. I'm so happy and relieved. I think it's this med she put me on. It's suppose to control my insulin better, it's called Glucophage. I think. I'm not diabetic or anything but she says it helps with weight loss. I think it's working and I'm more determined to follow my liquid diet even more now to get quicker results and get that date scheduled!! I also scheduled an appointment with a therapist for next Thursday. I learned she recently went through WLS herself, so I think that's going to be very beneficial. Hope everyone else is doing well.[/quote']

I am so happy for you!!!!! Stop beating yourself up and keep rolling! Congratulations!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 237

Just an update on my progress...I had my appointment to get weighed at my surgeons office today and I'm down 5.5 lbs. All that worrying for nothing! I'm at my lowest weight since I've started this whole process. I was also told today that when I lose another five lbs she will contact the surgeon to get my surgery date scheduled. I'm so close now! I just couldn't believe with the cheating I've been doing' date=' that I actually still lost that much weight. I'm so happy and relieved. I think it's this med she put me on. It's suppose to control my insulin better, it's called Glucophage. I think. I'm not diabetic or anything but she says it helps with weight loss. I think it's working and I'm more determined to follow my liquid diet even more now to get quicker results and get that date scheduled!! I also scheduled an appointment with a therapist for next Thursday. I learned she recently went through WLS herself, so I think that's going to be very beneficial. Hope everyone else is doing well.[/quote']

Yes. Great! Now try to stay focused on not cheating and getting the psych done and u can get in the march date Surg! :-)

HW 245; CW pre-op: 229; Surg Date: 2/26/13

Yes. Great! Now try to stay focused on not cheating and getting the psych done and u can get in the march date Surg! :-)

I am going to try my hardest!! The therapist is just something I'm doing on the side, on my own. It's not a requirement. I already went through my psych eval and all that, I'm just going to therapy for me. I really hope I can get a March date! How exciting!

I am going to try my hardest!! The therapist is just something I'm doing on the side' date=' on my own. It's not a requirement. I already went through my psych eval and all that, I'm just going to therapy for me. I really hope I can get a March date! How exciting![/quote']

Yes, me too.... I think we all need therapy in our lives at some point...?

Sounds good' date=' thanks!

HW 245; CW pre-op: 229; Surg Date: 2/26/13[/quote']

I had bulimia and I was approved for surgery. I have to be very careful though. This pre diet has been extremely difficult for me.

Juanell

I had bulimia and I was approved for surgery. I have to be very careful though. This pre diet has been extremely difficult for me.

Juanell

Be careful and stay encouraged..... Distract self w us LOL :-) you can do this!

Hw 245; Pre-Op(RNY) 228; Surg Date 2/26; GW 145

I'm on the sixth day of my preop diet now and I'm not going to lie… It's hard! My surgery is scheduled for March 5 and while I don't have to do a liquid diet it is a low carb and highly restricted one. My biggest problem is in the middle of the night… I wake up and go stand in front of the refrigerator. I have cheated a couple of times however I've cheated using food that is on the diet so I hope the damage is not as bad. For me the best thing to do is to not get wrapped up in the slip and get right back on immediately. Hang in there and let's do this!

I hate to admit this but I'm on my 4th day of liquids and so far has not been that hard. Have eaten out the last three days and order broth based Soup and eat only the broth. This evening my husband and I went to eat and I did just fine on the soup. He brought home his left over fried chicken strips for the dogs. While I was feeding them to our dogs, I took several bites, chewed them up and then gave them to the dogs. Is this not sick? OMG it was so good. Am I really ready for this surgery? I am having the surgery Tuesday the 26th. Please someone tell me you have also done this. Spitting out food, Kinda sick.

I hate to admit this but I'm on my 4th day of liquids and so far has not been that hard. Have eaten out the last three days and order broth based Soup and eat only the broth. This evening my husband and I went to eat and I did just fine on the soup. He brought home his left over fried chicken strips for the dogs. While I was feeding them to our dogs' date=' I took several bites, chewed them up and then gave them to the dogs. Is this not sick? OMG it was so good. Am I really ready for this surgery? I am having the surgery Tuesday the 26th. Please someone tell me you have also done this. Spitting out food, Kinda sick.[/quote']

Ok, you are not the first and certainly not the last to do this! Lol! At least you didn't eat them.! Great job! You are ready, don't worry. Just stick to the diet as closely as possible. I always eat the food I cheat with, so don't feel bad. I actually thought about spitting something out the other day and didn't, so good for you! Don't know if that's what a professional would say about doing that but I think it's ok..

So you have cheated on the pre-op? I can only have liquids that will go thru a straw. I did have to eat some Peanut Butter due to my Type 2 diabetes. The Dr. in Dallas approved this and it did help. Actually the pre-op is only for a week, I'm due for surgery Tuesday. Thanks for being honest and telling me you cheated also. What is your date or what day on the pre-op are you on?

So you have cheated on the pre-op? I can only have liquids that will go thru a straw. I did have to eat some Peanut Butter due to my Type 2 diabetes. The Dr. in Dallas approved this and it did help. Actually the pre-op is only for a week' date=' I'm due for surgery Tuesday. Thanks for being honest and telling me you cheated also. What is your date or what day on the pre-op are you on?[/quote']

I'm not even scheduled for surgery yet. I have to meet my goal weight in order to have it scheduled so they have me on this liquid/ semi liquid weird diet. Yes I have cheated, a lot! But after I went to my dr on Thursday and saw that I'd still lost 5.5 lbs I got serious and feel like I can do it. This is my second week on the liquid diet and I seriously cheated on it daily last week. Bites of food here and there. candy too. went out to dinner for Valentines. I was bad! She has me on a pill called Metformen for my insulin, to help me lose weight. It is typically used for diabetics but can be used for weight loss also. I honestly believe its working! So that's why I got serious. If I could lose 5.5 lbs cheating, how many lbs can I lose following it? I really want my surgery scheduled in two weeks. That's when I go back to see her. She said if I could lose five more lbs she would schedule it. I'm do excited and motivated. I'm excited for you too, yours is Tuesday! That's great. Are you ready? I would be so excited! Good luck n keep my informed over the next week!

I certainly will keep you posted. I have found that the best Protein pre-made shake is Premier Protein. On the powdered shakes I mix them with the sugar free DaVinci flavorings. I used the vanilla powder, coconut and pineapple flavorings, put in blender with ice and it tasted like a Pina Colada. Try going by your favorite restaurants and get their Soups to go and bring them home and drain the liquid off. Good. You didn't ask for that information but I have found it to be helpful myself.