Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Currently siting on the porch at a restaurant called the Purple Cow in Little Rock (live about 30 minutes away) with my son and his BFF. I just had tuna salad in half an English muffin!!! My first meal out in 7 weeks??? It was heaven!!!!! We hiked for 2 1/2 hours...I made it around the mountain but in the steep part going up started getting lighted headed and thought I was gonna puke so started back down....darnit, was determine to prove everyone who said it was too soon wrong!!! It has been a gorgeous day! Just remember how jealous you are when it's 110 with 98% humidity in a couple months ladies!!!!

You know, it's so unfair. In Minnesota we get both extremes. You'd think with such cold winters we'd have mild summers, but nooooooo! It gets up into the high 90's with beastly humidity up here as well. Plus we have mosquitos. Right, "one day at a time?"

Ok so today I feel better then yesterday and I think I might be headed on the right track :) I stopped at 4 this morning at a local store to see what I might be able to try to eat. I think I figured out my issues from last night. NO MORE MILK FOR ME! None! I drink an 8 oz shake yesterday before work and even with 1/2 % milk , it was hell . I picked you some of those cheese Peanut Butter crackers to see if that would slow things down. Boy was I scared to try those. But all went great. Eat 2 crackers every couple hours and felt much better. I love that I read every label every time now to check for Protein and sugar levels :) I also bought ham and as soon as I get brave enough I am going to do a thin slice of ham with a slice of cheese wrapped in it. Also for the first time this AM I drank alittle too fast and learned my lesson there too! Talk about waves in your pouch . Omgodness! That came back to visit . So I feel like I am going the right direction and couldn't be happier about that :)

I am so, so, so happy for you! It was high time things were headed in a positive direction for you!!

So, I'm apparently an easy bariatric patient (not a bad thing!!!) no signs of stricture or obstructions, scars looking great, nothing worrisome at all. He's amazed I'm working full time and running a household single handedly and keeping the kiddo up with soccer, cub scouts, camping, etc. he laughed when I told humid been pretty tired up til now (actually this week things are feeling ALMOST normal). And my weight loss is fine for my age, weight, revision status, etc. I'm not allowed to compare myself to others :). I'm now free to have toasted breads, crackers, brown rice, ground meats, and thinly sliced meats. YAY!!!! So going to buy deli meat tomorrow!!! Would LOVE to get to the point I can get my Protein without a shake a day!!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6

Awesome! That is good advice (not to compare yourself to others). :)

Awesome! That is good advice (not to compare yourself to others). :)

Lol, according to MFP f every day was like today I'd lose 35 lbs in the next 5 weeks :P ha!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6

Just seeing how everyone doing I eat some eggs and ham tonight but not agin maybe it was the ham have had no problem with eggs only had about 2 tbls but didn't even eat it all just felt like it got stuck and wanted to come up but it didn't

I had my endoscopy today because although the last month has been great, this last week I puked a bunch and I was nauseous most of the time. My surgeon & I both expected a stricture, but no stricture. Turns out I have an ulcer in my intestines from the stomach acid. Better news than a stricture I guess but I have to drink this medicine 4x a day, on an empty stomach, an hour before meals or 2 hours after meals, without any other meds. So now another thing to "time" out. As if the waiting between meals to eat and drink isn't enough to figure out. I'm doing really good otherwise. Down 41 lbs since the beginning of my journey. 9 lbs from halfway :) My only complaint is I'm not getting all my Protein in. I try but I'm still eating so little. I'll read labels and think "oh this is great!" bit I end up eating such a small serving it barely makes a dent in the protein.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Was anyone else given the 1/4 cup portion size guideline and find it to not be enough? I am just starting on soft foods, ate some tuna salad and mozzarella cheese, what turned out to be more like 1/2 cup. I did get full on that amount, but it didnt feel like too much like some have described (having pain, cramps etc after eating). I felt comfortable and that was twice what I should have eaten! I read the thread about what everyone is eating and I see pictures and people describe what they ate and many seem to be eating more than 1/4 cup! What's up with this? I cannot imagine only eating that much for several more months but I don't want to be stretching my pouch or anything. Anyone have any insight to this?

Was anyone else given the 1/4 cup portion size guideline and find it to not be enough? I am just starting on soft foods' date=' ate some tuna salad and mozzarella cheese, what turned out to be more like 1/2 cup. I did get full on that amount, but it didnt feel like too much like some have described (having pain, cramps etc after eating). I felt comfortable and that was twice what I should have eaten! I read the thread about what everyone is eating and I see pictures and people describe what they ate and many seem to be eating more than 1/4 cup! What's up with this? I cannot imagine only eating that much for several more months but I don't want to be stretching my pouch or anything. Anyone have any insight to this?[/quote']

Yes I was but told that I could eat up to half a cup if I was still hungry. I usually eat 2 1/2 to 3 ounces and then I am full I am still on puréed food.< /p>

I'm supposed to max out on 4 tablespoons....which would be an 1/8 of a cup!!!! I freely confess I've done 1/4 cup though. I'm also happy to discover that 2 oz of solid foods (even chewed up well) is a whole different experience than 2 oz of puréed foods. Also, the mountain kicked my ass yesterday. My everything hurts!!!

I'm supposed to max out on 4 tablespoons....which would be an 1/8 of a cup!!!! I freely confess I've done 1/4 cup though. I'm also happy to discover that 2 oz of solid foods (even chewed up well) is a whole different experience than 2 oz of puréed foods. Also' date=' the mountain kicked my ass yesterday. My everything hurts!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6[/quote']

You posted that you had the tuna on 1/2 English muffin, did you eat the muffin? I know I am not in that stage yet but just wondering how that sort of stuff is measured also. This is such a learning experience!

You posted that you had the tuna on 1/2 English muffin' date=' did you eat the muffin? I know I am not in that stage yet but just wondering how that sort of stuff is measured also. This is such a learning experience![/quote']

Wow our clinic you can't have anything other than Protein until you have reached 75% of your weight loss

Im on regular food and I can only eat like one turkey meatball and sometimes I can get 3-4 ounces of other protein meals in.

I listen to my body if I start hiccuping or burping then I stop eating all together its my sign that I SHOULD NOT eat more or I will be sorry.

weight.png

You posted that you had the tuna on 1/2 English muffin' date=' did you eat the muffin? I know I am not in that stage yet but just wondering how that sort of stuff is measured also. This is such a learning experience![/quote']

I ate most of the half. Just kinda guessed at it! Plus with something like bread (I'm allowed 1 slice) if you were measuring amounts, this is gross but chewed would be much more compact than just looking at a slice of toast....it's all a learning curve!!!! (I at the other alf of the tuna salad about 11 last night, it was still heavenly!!).

Now I'm off to the grocery store to get real food!!!!!!

Well... The ham slice with cheese has gone good for 2 meals now :) that gives me hope. My only thing now is I feel thirsty and I keep sip, sip, sipping . However, I feel like I need to down a bottle of Water ( which we ALL know is NOT happening) so now I just want that feeling to go away :) I know others have had the same issues - are there any ideas or what do you drink to stay hydrated. I am craving water . Other than that I am still feeling like I am on the up side of things which is good cause I was pretty worried for a few days there. Hope everyone is doing great tonight. :)

Well Saturday night was my first girls night out since surgery Feb 6.

I had a GREAT time dancing and socializing...Glad I went I was getting cabin fever and getting caught up in my head that I would have problems and not enjoy myself..I was so wrong! The best part of the evening was fitting into my little black dress after the original dress I was to wear was to BIG! Whoo who...