Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Ok' date=' so the pain has subsided i am more comfortable with myself, but I HATE Protein SHAKES! I feel unreasonably weak when I don't have my protein but the taste is unbearable and I've tried so many different ones and nothing works! I have yet to throw up, but I started having bowl movements on Monday and again today,*claps hands* I am now down to 217lbs from 238 pre-op

[/quote']

I bought the Hamilton beach 1/2 pint ice cream maker and I make my shake into Ice cream....last night I had the mint cookie flavor...

Ahaaaaaa last night I ordered some fresh take out just to have some lemon cod, I enjoyed every bite.....yummmmm

So over cottage cheese and Greek yogurt makes me gag when I look at it....I needed some flavor in my food and because I'm in so much friggin pain from the muscle/nerve being cut and healing I don't feel much like cooking....I'm down 17 pounds from feb 6th. My hubby took me for an abdominal support band maybe it will help.....don't get me wrong I'm glad this is behind me and the band is gone. The severe pain is keeping me down I need and want to get back to work and my life I'm praying for a quicker relief from this godforsaken pain......ROCK ON FEB POST OPS

I am now post op!!! In a lot of pain. They found a hernia and I have six incisions. I'm very sore!!! My husband hasn't called me all day. That makes me sad.

I had a hernia too but the doc said it was small. I didn't get calls either in fact I didn't want them to call or visit. I sent them a text saying I was fine and need to rest, sleep, heal. Not to visit or call. I would text harm when I was home. I liked it

Hello fabulous February .... I just wanted to say hello....and intro myself to the board I have surgery on Feb 27th....read a lot of the post opt stories.. Lots of good info....some scary as hell.... I'm the 1% that will go wrong person. Every major surgery that I had something had gone terribly wrong.... But I am trying to optimistic...but have had a few meltdowns... Been on shakes for 11 days... Lost 10 pounds so far ....total since stated journey in October of 33 lbs. actually feel great but depressed because of the worrying of the surgery. Look forward to hopefully making some new friends here to talk to.... Thanks again for all the great info and the support y'all put out there.... This group is real... Tell you like it is .... No holding back .... I like that.... Nothing sugar coated... Love to hear from some of y'all ... Thanks MaryAnn

Hello fabulous February .... I just wanted to say hello....and intro myself to the board I have surgery on Feb 27th....read a lot of the post opt stories.. Lots of good info....some scary as hell.... I'm the 1% that will go wrong person. Every major surgery that I had something had gone terribly wrong.... But I am trying to optimistic...but have had a few meltdowns... Been on shakes for 11 days... Lost 10 pounds so far ....total since stated journey in October of 33 lbs. actually feel great but depressed because of the worrying of the surgery. Look forward to hopefully making some new friends here to talk to.... Thanks again for all the great info and the support y'all put out there.... This group is real... Tell you like it is .... No holding back .... I like that.... Nothing sugar coated... Love to hear from some of y'all ... Thanks MaryAnn

Welcome to the party! Hopefully this will be the time everything goes right for you :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 235.8

Band to RNY on 2/19. Was in OR for 5 hours then has to go back to stop interval bleeding found by my dr while I was in recovery. Took 3 days post op to pass gas. No BM yet. Only clear liquid diet until 2 week post op dr visit. Taking 1/2 dose oxycodone. Any idea when I should have BM? I've been passing gas just fine and have been taking gas-x.

Band to RNY on 2/19. Was in OR for 5 hours then has to go back to stop interval bleeding found by my dr while I was in recovery. Took 3 days post op to pass gas. No BM yet. Only clear liquid diet until 2 week post op dr visit. Taking 1/2 dose oxycodone. Any idea when I should have BM? I've been passing gas just fine and have been taking gas-x.

*internal (not internal)

I had my first BM on discharge when I got home and not to scare you to much it was all old blood which scared me and my husband he called my surgeon and he said not uncommon and to monitor it. By third day I had normal BM.

They should tell everyone that there is a possibility of blood BM.

I missed this board! I had my surgery on February 7. I'm trucking along, doing well, except my energy sucks sometimes.

Wow THANK YOU for sharing that!!!!yes I would have been very freaked out especially with the second OR trip to stop internal bleeding I had!!! And yes they should tell everyone this is a common and no problem issue!!!!

Thanks again for telling me that!!!

I had my first BM on discharge when I got home and not to scare you to much it was all old blood which scared me and my husband he called my surgeon and he said not uncommon and to monitor it. By third day I had normal BM.

Wow THANK YOU for sharing that!!!!yes I would have been very freaked out especially with the second OR trip to stop internal bleeding I had!!! And yes they should tell everyone this is a common and no problem issue!!!!

Thanks again for telling me that!!!

Your welcome. Hopefully you won't have muscle or nerves cut if they did make sure you get some major pain killers to take home...I'm more than two weeks out and I still can't walk around our sleep in my bed due to severe pain....I'm praying it will

Go away before next weekend or at least allow me to sleep in my bed and not a recliner.

I can't wait to feel normal again....this pain is a nightmare and I am so glad that most on here don't have to deal with it. I am praying I can pass these kidney stones and don't have to go back to the ER........ Anyways, take care of yourself and get some rest.

Kat

I missed this board! I had my surgery on February 7. I'm trucking along' date=' doing well, except my energy sucks sometimes.[/quote']

Funny how fast the energy can just fizzle!!! But then I feel so good most of the time I forget I'm 2 weeks post-op! Glad you're doing so well!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

One more pound down, since I'm back at work I'm averaging 1 pound every 2 days. Woohoo! Still would love one of those 10 pound losses I keep hearing about! :D. So very blessed and lucky that other than my own stupidity kicking my butt I've been complication free to this point. All of you who are having problems are in my thoughts and prayers.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8