Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I got chewable Pepsid but the directions say you can only take 2 a day and I eat more than that lol

I mean I eat food more than twice a day, not that I eat more chewables. So I took one at Breakfast but then either lunch or dinner is going to hurt :(

The Dr wouldn't refill the prescription of Prilosec :( she said I shouldn't have any issues and if I am it means I need to eat less or chew more. I've been eating the amount I was told by the nutritionist' date=' which is 1/2 cup. Sometimes less. And I chew as much as humanly possible. She said I should only be eating 1 1/2 medicine cups of food. The nutritionist packet says 1/2 cup. I don't know, I'm just sick of being nauseous and gassy :([/quote']

You can buy Prilosec over the counter.

I MADE IT!!!! I had to wait three days and re-weigh because I was afraid it may just be a fluke' date=' but it's for real: I weigh 198 pounds!!! The next time I weigh in I may "only" be overweight!!!![/quote']

Congrats, welcome to onederland!

Ready for some good news!!! Pin Friday it will have been 8 weeks since many surgery and today I am down 61 pounds since the day of surgery. I am under 300 pounds for the first time in YEARS!!

Amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

I'm 9 weeks out and down 66.5 total. Was able to eat an entire lean pocket last night and I'm freaking out. I don't like chili or refried Beans or cottage cheese so getting in Protein is hard. Still doing a shake, a Protein Bar for lunch and milk for dinner.< /p>

Original weight 298, Pre Op 273, Current 231.5 GW 160.

Wow! Another big loser! I'm so jealous!!!

The Dr wouldn't refill the prescription of Prilosec :( she said I shouldn't have any issues and if I am it means I need to eat less or chew more. I've been eating the amount I was told by the nutritionist, which is 1/2 cup. Sometimes less. And I chew as much as humanly possible. She said I should only be eating 1 1/2 medicine cups of food. The nutritionist packet says 1/2 cup. I don't know, I'm just sick of being nauseous and gassy :(

I could not imagine eating 1 1/2 medicine cups at this stage of the game, and getting such mixed messages has *got* to be frustrating! I just found that there's not just differences from hospital to hospital, but from doctor to doctor within my same hospital. I had the "clear fluids for a week postop" doctor. Someone I met had the "mashed potatoes the day after surgery" doc. Really, at this point, I just do what feels right. I'm not losing as fast as some of you, but I do feel good (most of the time, ahem!) LOL!

On the topic of prilosec... the few times I haven't been able to keep something down, when it comes back up it is NOTHING like the acid reflux I used to experience. It's like burping up Water. Some stomachs must just have a whole lot more acid than others... I can't imagine developing an ulcer... or how much that would hurt!

p.s. One last thing before I go to bed: Yes the Cookies and coffee were bad, but I realize what did me in (and this may just be my version of dumping) was the 1/4 cup of salad I had. It tasted SOOOOO good! Fresh crisp lettuce! I could have eaten a plate full (good thing I didn't) but it pretty much passed through undigested, and from the looks of it, I didn't do a very good job chewing, either. TMI, I know... TMI!

The Dr wouldn't refill the prescription of Prilosec :( she said I shouldn't have any issues and if I am it means I need to eat less or chew more. I've been eating the amount I was told by the nutritionist' date=' which is 1/2 cup. Sometimes less. And I chew as much as humanly possible. She said I should only be eating 1 1/2 medicine cups of food. The nutritionist packet says 1/2 cup. I don't know, I'm just sick of being nauseous and gassy :([/quote']

A medicine cup is an ounce....1.5 ounces at 2 months out from surgery seems TINY!!!! I'm at 3 ounces a meal (woohoo!) and that still seems like nothing...(it's enough to fill me up if its solid Protein, But still seems like nothing!!!)

I'm not your doc, but that just doesn't seem realistic :/

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

p.s. One last thing before I go to bed: Yes the Cookies and coffee were bad' date=' but I realize what did me in (and this may just be my version of dumping) was the 1/4 cup of salad I had. It tasted SOOOOO good! Fresh crisp lettuce! I could have eaten a plate full (good thing I didn't) but it pretty much passed through undigested, and from the looks of it, I didn't do a very good job chewing, either. TMI, I know... TMI![/quote']

Ummm, eww???? Glad you're feeling better!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

IM IN ONDERLAND WHOO WHO 198.4......CELEBRATE....WHOO WHO MY DAY IS GOING TO BE GRAND:-)

Congrats! Welcome to onederland!

I'd say that group needs to get their act together! Don't they confer with one another? They're supposed to be a team. They shouldn't be giving you conflicting information.

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274. Current Weight 256 - Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

A medicine cup is an ounce....1.5 ounces at 2 months out from surgery seems TINY!!!! I'm at 3 ounces a meal (woohoo!) and that still seems like nothing...(it's enough to fill me up if its solid protein' date=' But still seems like nothing!!!)

I'm not your doc, but that just doesn't seem realistic :/

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

That's what I thought!

I'd say that group needs to get their act together! Don't they confer with one another? They're supposed to be a team. They shouldn't be giving you conflicting information.

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274. Current Weight 256 - Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

They are for the most part, this is the first time I've had conflicting info from them. I'm going with the nutritionist's info on this one though.

Uuuuuhhhhnnnggg!!! I would congratulate you all on your amazing successes' date=' except I'm too busy running to the bathroom every 10 minutes. :unsure:

WARNING: TMI & GROSS CONTENT FOLLOWS. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here's the story: I traveled to a nearby city to take a 4-day class. I'm staying with my brother and his wife. I'm off my daily routine. Skipping breakfast, packing my oatmeal but not making it, that sort of thing. At the conference they have coffee and Cookies and rolls, so I nibble on a tiny piece of a roll while drinking coffee. Then sampling a little bit of a cookie. Eating whatever my SIL makes for dinner, then taking it the next day for lunch.< /p>

Having no gastric distress, the second day I get bold. I get a whole cup of coffee and two cookies. A chocolate chip and a humongous shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate so greasy it would make pizza look low-fat. This was a huge mistake. Mind you--no dumping or vomiting has happened, so I think I'm safe so far.

Only after dinner (spaghetti, fresh salad, greasy garlic bread -- I don't want to put my hosts out, so I eat what they're eating) I hear my stomach grumble, and the fun begins. My stools get looser and looser. I'm up all night running to the bathroom, and when I'm sleeping, I'm dreaming of my intestines (true!).

Yeeeouch women what were you thinkin?!?!?!? Take stuff with you next time who cares what the fam thinks they should be supportive....Feel better....

This morning I actually saw a greasy oil slick in the toilet after evacuating what feels like the last little bit of what's left in me.

Lesson learned. I can't just "wing it." I can't eat cookies. I can't tolerate greasy foods. And you know what? Other than the chocolate chip cookie (which was amazing) and the salad (I miss crispy vegetables!), nothing really was that good or so delicious that I'd be interested in eating it again. It really just wasn't worth it.[/quote']

weight.png

That seems so crazy to me. My doctor requests that you take Prilosec for at least a year following surgery. Not because of reflux per se, but to help control the stomach acid that will still be produced by your body to help prevent ulcers. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this! Feel better ASAP!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 291.1 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Had my 6 week follow up today! Officially lost 30 pounds since surgery' date=' and 50 total. She said I'm doing everything right and doing amazingly well. She said I make it look easy LOL[/quote']

GREAT JOB!!!! I lost some weight before sugery too I think it feels awesome to tell people I lost x amount since surgery. Then they comment "Oh no you lost more" lol and then I tell then my overall total it's a big confidence booster for me. Cause I've noticed little changes but still see just me in the mirror. Congratulations on to lossq