Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Knowing the health benefits of fruits and veggies I just don't get it. Yes Protein first' date=' rah rah rah. That I understand. I truly don't get the no carb for 75% of weight loss rule....maybe no crappy carbs, but I don't understand no carbs. :/. My doc and I would have an argument!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8[/quote']

I go see my nutritionist on Monday and being that I was living an almost vegetarian life pre op I am struggling with all of the Protein because it feels like there is no room for veggies in my life right now. I am hoping that she will help me balance a bit more. Dairy makes the BM difficult if you know what I mean and while I don't mind compromising a bit on meat I need balance in my life.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 297.5 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Okay so I feel good, really really good. My emotions seem to be back to semi-normal (I started my period today and haven't cried in over a week. Success, I think yes!). I get a slight ache in my abdomen once in a while...the palpitations and heart rate going sky high have evened out....I am good!!! And then every once in a while get so queasy I think I'm gonna die! I walked into a store last week while it was raining, there were a bunch of smokers huddled by the door, the smell hit me and I was queasy for 4 or 5 hours, sometimes if I'm hungry I get queasy, sometimes if I eat I get queasy.... I am thankful this has gone so well so far but I am SO over queasy!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

Okay so I feel good' date=' really really good. My emotions seem to be back to semi-normal (I started my period today and haven't cried in over a week. Success, I think yes!). I get a slight ache in my abdomen once in a while...the palpitations and heart rate going sky high have evened out....I am good!!! And then every once in a while get so queasy I think I'm gonna die! I walked into a store last week while it was raining, there were a bunch of smokers huddled by the door, the smell hit me and I was queasy for 4 or 5 hours, sometimes if I'm hungry I get queasy, sometimes if I eat I get queasy.... I am thankful this has gone so well so far but I am SO over queasy!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8[/quote']

If I need to poop I get queasy!!! What the heck is that about?!?!?!?

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

Knowing the health benefits of fruits and veggies I just don't get it. Yes Protein first' date=' rah rah rah. That I understand. I truly don't get the no carb for 75% of weight loss rule....maybe no crappy carbs, but I don't understand no carbs. :/. My doc and I would have an argument!

I was suppose to go for my one month today, but they rescheduled me due to a death with surgeon family. So I talked with his nurse and she is the one that told me its his protocol with his patients, she said he used to let people eat fruits and veggies a few weeks out but not anymore. I am not your follow the rules type person doctors are "practicing medicine" they are not GOD tho they some think they are. People are conditioned to listen to there MD thats not me. I actually interview my MD's before I choose them and if I met with him today I would have words about no veggies and fruit and want to know how he came to that conclusion. I have already tasted a few fruits and have been fine. I have more minor issues with Proteins (certain ones).

I appreciate everyones input, its very interesting to me how different our surgeons are and the techniques they use.

Tonight I tried a strawberry, YUM very sweet.....:-)

weight.png

I'm doing soft fruits (so far cantaloupe=HEAVEN, and canned peaches, this weekends mission is fresh peaches) I'm supposed to avoid peels and membranes...makes sense since those are fibrous And more likely to wedge somewhere i don't want em. I'm also just starting cooked veggies, again supposed to avoid raw/fibrous stuff.... My surgeon is a jerk, but I agree with his logic on foods (most foods anyway). In a couple weeks I'll be cleared to eat anything. His diet after 8 weeks is essentially all foods but avoid foods high in sugars and fats (calorie dense foods with little nutritional value), otherwise he wants us to have a healthy well balanced diet with Protein as the focus but carbs with each meal....which really, long term, I think is the only practical diet plan.

So SoccerMomma, your name is Christie? Nice to meetcha! When you mentioned that in a post I thought "who is she talking about?" LOL! Glad your mood is more stable, sorry about the queasy. Have you heard of Quease-Ease? I wonder if that would help?

I've worked three 12-hour shifts in the past week and I'm handling it as well as before the surgery. Maybe better. People tell me I don't just look thinner, I carry myself like I have more confidence. Maybe I do? Either way, it was a nice compliment.

Monken, I wonder if your doctor's rules would be more suited to people who have larger amounts of weight to lose? In that case, I could see worrying about the six-month mark going by while you are still wanting to lose significant weight.

Anyway, I'm glad we had this discussion. I had totally forgotten that I could have soft fruit. I had written all fruit/veg off as being too crunchy for now, but geez-- I think I would kill to have a little mashed up strawberry with my yogurt!

Oh, hey! I also thought I'd share: Just when I thought I'd never eat an egg again, I suddenly am able to not only eat scrambled eggs, but fried eggs! I'm in HEAVEN!!

So SoccerMomma' date=' your name is Christie? Nice to meetcha! When you mentioned that in a post I thought "who is she talking about?" LOL! Glad your mood is more stable, sorry about the queasy. Have you heard of Quease-Ease? I wonder if that would help?

I've worked three 12-hour shifts in the past week and I'm handling it as well as before the surgery. Maybe better. People tell me I don't just look thinner, I carry myself like I have more confidence. Maybe I do? Either way, it was a nice compliment.

It is, I am, that's me!

Hi all! This is my first posting on this thread - I had my surgery on February 11, so going into my 6th week post-op. The first few weeks were TOUGH, and since I have kidney issues anyway, it was very dicey for me to just eat Protein. My dr only required two weeks of Clear liquids, two weeks of soft food, then I'm on anything I want to eat. It started using the "my fitness pal" app, and though it's been hard to remember to track everything I eat every day, it's been really helpful. I've been walking, but really need to kick up my exercise to see some more results and to tone those really flabby parts!

I started at 299, and am down to 270 as of this morning (whoo-hoo!) I've got so much more to lose, but so glad I've started this journey, as we all have! It's great knowing there's such a supportive group out there.

BTW, I still take have to take the protonix, but take the dissolvable one, so no pill to swallow!

Welcome Ron,sounds like u r doing great. I had surgery on 2/14 and have list 20lbs. I feel a bit discouraged for 6 weeks, but I have to remember how it may have take me to lose that prior. I started at 217 and am now 196. But I have held 196 for over a week with nothing. Started more Protein to see if that will help.

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 194 GW 140

Welcome Ron' date='sounds like u r doing great. I had surgery on 2/14 and have list 20lbs. I feel a bit discouraged for 6 weeks, but I have to remember how it may have take me to lose that prior. I started at 217 and am now 196. But I have held 196 for over a week with nothing. Started more Protein to see if that will help.

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 194 GW 140[/quote']

It will move again I did one week of nothing but 205 then boom I lost 3 lbs...I'm 7 weeks at 30lbs...slow and easy I noticed for myself I was still a little swollen during the 205 stand still.

weight.png

Strawberries are yummy, just saying!

It will move again I did one week of nothing but 205 then boom I lost 3 lbs...I'm 7 weeks at 30lbs...slow and easy I noticed for myself I was still a little swollen during the 205 stand still.

Love the new pic, Monken!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hi all! This is my first posting on this thread - I had my surgery on February 11, so going into my 6th week post-op. The first few weeks were TOUGH, and since I have kidney issues anyway, it was very dicey for me to just eat Protein. My dr only required two weeks of Clear Liquids, two weeks of soft food, then I'm on anything I want to eat. It started using the "my fitness pal" app, and though it's been hard to remember to track everything I eat every day, it's been really helpful. I've been walking, but really need to kick up my exercise to see some more results and to tone those really flabby parts!

I started at 299, and am down to 270 as of this morning (whoo-hoo!) I've got so much more to lose, but so glad I've started this journey, as we all have! It's great knowing there's such a supportive group out there.

BTW, I still take have to take the protonix, but take the dissolvable one, so no pill to swallow!

Welcome Ron! Don't be discouraged... we *all* have a lot to lose, otherwise we wouldn't be here, LOL!

C

I did it! I signed up for my first race. It's April 22, and it's just a baby-race. 2 miles, not even a 5K. I've been walking 2M a few times a week, and I'm starting to use a 5K training app, so I hope that by race day I can run *most* of the race.

What are you guys doing for exercise?