Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I had a blast last night. I went ballroom dancing! I haven't been for 2 years due to feeling unattractive and because it's hard to dance in heels when you're 275 pounds. That's a lot of PSIs on the balls of your feet!

Anyway' date=' at 60 pounds lighter I strapped on my shoes and went. Here's what I discovered: I wasn't hydrated enough. One 3-minute dance left me parched. Also, I'm not in shape. Even a slow dance like a foxtrot or a waltz left me feeling whipped. I've been walking, but I need to up the cardio somehow so I can dance two or three in a row, and hydrate well before going.

Anyway, a little victory along the way. What fun![/quote']

You go Cecelia:-) My friends are going dancing on the 16th an want me to go. I love dancing but I fear the same as you I tire so easily and worry for the dehydration the last think I want to do is passout....Great victory for you:-)

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

So I just got out of the shower and realized the drain was clogged because of my hair :( I think the falling out process is kicking in. I credit this to last week of not eating properly. Luckily I have really thick hair so hopefully it wont be to bad or continue since I am back on track.

take the 5000mcg of Biotin a day it really helps the hair skin and nails and comes in a easy swallow gel cap! I wish I had the energy to go to the gym kudos to you..... I want to start my zumba again but I know I won't get through more than one dance!

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

Ok so today is day 9 after my surgery and I'm on the full liquid phase. I tried a protien shake with skim milk but couldn't drink more than an ounce of it? Has anyone else had an issue with drinking protien shakes? Should I try mixing it with Water instead?

try Water , almond or rice milk. I couldn't tolerate shakes after bypass I had to find other ways of getting Protein in. I also had to switch to different shakes flavors that worked. Its not uncommon.

How odd' date=' I've taken 2 zofran this weekend and had more pain last night than I've had in weeks....what's up with us????

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4[/quote']

maybe from dumping?

Is this dumping?

Made those cheese crisps for Breakfast. About 15 min after I finished, got queasy. Thought I had to either puke or the other thing. Spent 30 min in the bathroom, no action either way. Had to lay down and I've been laying down for hours. Feel super crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Is this dumping?

Made those cheese crisps for Breakfast. About 15 min after I finished' date=' got queasy. Thought I had to either puke or the other thing. Spent 30 min in the bathroom, no action either way. Had to lay down and I've been laying down for hours. Feel super crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

First of all, cheese crisps sound amazing!

But seriously, I don't know if that is dumping, but whenever I have overdone it, this is how I feel. Not exactly queasy, but just "sick". I was trying to explain it earlier today and I couldn't. If I eat something that just isn't quite right or I do too much physically, it happens. I am beginning to think it is dehydration, but it doesn't go away with consuming liquids. It usually goes on for the rest of the day and nothing except for sleep really makes it go away. This makes me feel better if only because I know I am not alone.

I hope you feel better ASAP!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 302 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Most dumping symptoms are sweats, heart palpitations, nausea and some vomiting everyone is different some people think its dumping and it just a food item that did not agree with them that moment that day. To much refined sugar is a biggy.

Lots of people become lactose intolerant and can't do dairy anymore they think that is dumping too. Text book dumping is what I first wrote and there is nothing anybody can do to make it better for you it has to ride its course.

Most dumping symptoms are sweats' date=' heart palpitations, nausea and some vomiting everyone is different some people think its dumping and it just a food item that did not agree with them that moment that day. To much refined sugar is a biggy.

Lots of people become lactose intolerant and can't do dairy anymore they think that is dumping too. Text book dumping is what I first wrote and there is nothing anybody can do to make it better for you it has to ride its course.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150[/quote']

Agreed! Sweats, heart palpitations, queasy, shaky, head pounding....felt like death warmed over....laid down because I couldn't figure out what else to do, got back up about 30 minutes later and super shaky, like cant open a ziplock you're so shaky....and ravenously hungry but weak as a kitten..... The shaky and weak lat the entire day!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

take the 5000mcg of Biotin a day it really helps the hair skin and nails and comes in a easy swallow gel cap! I wish I had the energy to go to the gym kudos to you..... I want to start my zumba again but I know I won't get through more than one dance!

I am taking the natrol dissolvable 7500mcg Biotin. I think last week it is because I slacked on everything. But if I start losing it clumps I am just gonna shave it and flaunt a big beautiful baldie :D

Have any of you had issue with stomach acid? Not in your pouch of course but in your "old stomach?" I am having it really really bad! I am having to take like 4 zantac a day it is so bad!

Have any of you had issue with stomach acid? Not in your pouch of course but in your "old stomach?" I am having it really really bad! I am having to take like 4 zantac a day it is so bad!

Most of us are on protonix or prilosec for 3 months per our surgeon. Aren't you?

Agreed! Sweats' date=' heart palpitations, queasy, shaky, head pounding....felt like death warmed over....laid down because I couldn't figure out what else to do, got back up about 30 minutes later and super shaky, like cant open a ziplock you're so shaky....and ravenously hungry but weak as a kitten..... The shaky and weak lat the entire day!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4[/quote']

That would be DUMPING 101!

I can't do the thick snotty shakes either, I've tried several post-op and gag and gag....it's crazy!!! I'm living off the Syntrax Nectars, I dilute them a lot then add a crystal light packet to cover the Protein taste....they aren't perfect but much better than the shakes.

Ugh! I tried those syntax shakes and they made me gag. I wish I knew you liked them, I would have sent you my jug instead of washing it down the drain. :(

On the other hand, I have found that K2O (made by Kelloggs) makes a delicious drink with protein that I could drink all day! I recommend it to add to your Water if you are getting sick of plain water and want some extra protein!

So I tried the water with the protein and I've had 4 ounces without any issues!!! So relieved. Thanks for the tips :)

I'm so glad it worked for you! I tried adding half a banana to my chocolate shake and it turned out so gross. I'm at the bottom of my first jug of protein powder... looking forward to trying the new one I bought.

lol pooping isnt it funny we would normally not talk about this but with out new plumbing its important....LOL

I had the opposite problem. I was consistently constipated before surgery. Now, I'm getting pretty regular. Hurrah for pooping! LOL! :D

You go Cecelia:-) My friends are going dancing on the 16th an want me to go. I love dancing but I fear the same as you I tire so easily and worry for the dehydration the last think I want to do is passout....Great victory for you:-)

You should go!! If nothing else, so that you get out and socialize. I have a hard time with that, being basically an introvert... but it's as healthy for the soul as exercise is for the body! Do it!!!

We haven't heard from Kat and Padlrd in some time... are you ladies doing okay? Check in with us! I'm thinking about you!

That would be DUMPING 101!

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently' date='206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150[/quote']

As learned the hard way.