Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

LOL Judy!

I find it fascinating how we all use this forum as a type of journal. It's a combination of a lot of women's journal in life, good & bad, and the lap-band :scared:

I got a clump of Christmas cards from you guys yesterday also, it's filling up my wine rack in the kitchen. I liked the note you wrote Kat!

We were running late today, hockey game was last night till 11pm, and if I'm not in bed my 10pm, I can't get up in time in the morning. So we're an hour late. My body is like clockwork with that! Got my slimfast, num num.

Yesterday I had an episode.. this is the 3rd time this has ever happened, I don't know what causes it, and it's very bizarre..has anyone else experienced this???? I have a normal slime episode and spit it out.. and then all of a sudden I'm extremely nauseated.. And I started actually throwing up, like sick with the flu throwing up. Last time the smell of chicken made me nauseated. This time, I just kept puking.. and I kept heaving, was throwing up Water from hours ago.. Both times I take the anti-nausea meds (Emetrol) and it stops. But it hits me suddenly, and it makes no sense. And gosh, nausea is a miserable feeling.. I absolutely hate it.

TGIF!!!!! We leave for Florida in the morning.

Ok.. one batch of milk chocolate fudge with nuts is made. The Bobster has taken control of the fudge making.. won't even let me stir!! He's on to the peppermint fudge now. Maybe I'll get to make the Peanut Butter batch if I'm lucky!!

Chocolate peppermint fudge is made. Don't you just love the minute by minute updates???

Peanut butter is next.. but we're taking a break now cause the Bobster's wrist is tired.. sheeeeeeesh

Num num, send the fudge this way! I'll get rid of it for you so you won't be tempted! mwhaha

I did have some NSV's yesterday. Despite being fat, I've always felt sexy and presented myself as such.. but when I started dieting, it dawned on me how big I am.. and it kind of bursted my self-esteem when it comes to the opposite sex (since April when I got banded!). Well, yesterday I know for a fact 3 guys were checking me out at the mall. The guy we got food from for lunch was hitting on me. I watched him after we left to see how he interacts with other women, and it was different. He WAS hitting on me!

Then we went to hockey game, and 3 guys who came from Canada to support their friend who is on the hockey team, ended up sitting near us. We saw them outside on smoke break, and I confidently was talking to them (they were smokin' hot), and they didn't act like I was the weird fat girl. They were flirting with me and all.

But on that note, I thought of something deep & moving, but can't really express it when I go to write. There was another girl out there, in the corner, not talking to anyone. She was fat. Very fat. Probably a little younger than me. She had glasses just like mine, black hair in her face, wearing frumpy all black (looked like mens) clothes. I've been there at some point. She didn't smile, she didn't make eye contact. She just sat there quietly in what looked like self-loathing. I thought, I was her at some point. Now here I am smiling and laughing with the hot guy strangers who are flirting with me. I love that DH and I aren't the jealous type, because I love the attention I'm getting. I think he's happy for me that I get it, it puts a bounce in my step for the rest of the day. I know DH notices me, but it's always nice to have the re-assurance of someone who didn't fall in love with me for my personality, ya know? I've said it before, DH doesn't 'like' fat girls, he still will point them out and act oblivious to the fact I'm overweight.

Anyway.. woo. Do I sound silly?

Nope.. not silly at all. I am so much more conscious and critical even, of severly overweight people. I know I shouldn't be, cause I was one of them just a short while ago. Mostly I think... they could really use the band. DD gets annoyed with me when I whisper "lapband" to her when we see someone who needs it.

And as for the perks of being hit on.. lol Wellllllll I've been online for years and years and have made some really neat friendships with guys who I am sure would never give me a second thought in real life. Meeting people in chat rooms gave me so much confidence. I'm basically a very shy person believe it or not!! But I HAVE changed since the introduction of the computer in my life. I have gone on my own to visit people I've met online and now I have the video program ISPQ and talk and see people all over the world. And now that confidence is spilling over into real life with my weight loss. I no longer am content to be quiet in the corner anymore. I enjoy the company of others and welcome hugs knowing people can get their arms around me now!! I found a picture of the Bobster and I from 2003 when we were in Disney World and the change is just amazing. I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy WE got this band. It has changed our lives.

Kat.. got your card in the mail today. The letter was awesome. Thanks from one of yer Violet Sistas!!!

TracyinKS.. did you realize a year ago that when you started this thread, it would become so popular and we would all become so close?? I just can't wait for MAY and our get together!!!!!!!

Peanut butter fudge is made and looks to be the best of the three. Yes, I sampled, but just tastes.. not even a whole piece. yummy, yummy and I don't need anymore! Had my turkey and red pepper for lunch and I'm good to go til my Crystal Light in an hour. We're going to try to go see Enchanted tonight. That is if Ethan's dad gets here on time to pick him up. He's watching me now as I type this. He loves looking at the computer. Wonder where he gets that?? hmmmmm

Better go read him the Foot Book for the gazillioneth time.

TTFN!!

Judy--I have to tell you--talking about reading books, Kinsey has a book that at one time was Lindzies, it is a Barbie book, called "Who's the Boss". A story where they all learn to share responsibility.

Well we read it often---and have also used the line on her when she gets bossy, that she is Not the boss! So she tells me "You aren't my boss" I raised my eyebrows at her, and she says "Mommy is". I tell her yes her Mommy is her boss, but at my house, when I am taking care of her she has to listen to me, then. She thinks for awhile, and tells me "I no know who is my boss, but Daddy is NOT Mommy's boss--hers says so!"

Could not help but laugh at the tone, and content of that statement!!!

We have had to suspend building right now, our roof is wanting to slide off our house. So we are watching cartoons while hopefully it sets a bit. Her barely 3 year old touch is not as light as a Ginger bread house requires, but she is oh so proud of it so far!!! Hope it stays together to get home.

We are going to finish our turtle/bear candy--but will wait and do fudge tomorrow without her help!!! Manda thinks she will be able to take her to the party--hope so! They need Mama and Me time.

Laura the only time I have been seriously nauseated was with that virus that hospitalized Kinsey. I have times where a PB is working that it takes everything in my power not to throw up---but if I am very still---and avoid it for a few minutes it passes. Sounds like the same thing, but yours is not passing.

Sorry!

I do know what you are saying, about seeing others in the position I was myself once. I try to be what I would have considered normal. I do not want to go overboard being overtly attentive----I would not have liked that. But I make eye contact, and try to make conversation---about something nuetral---the line we are in, or something like that. It is a hard thing to not just tell them!

That was one of my big reasons for being so open about my surgery. I used to hear someone say they had lost a large amount of weight, and I would feel so inferior, that they could do that and I could not! I do not want to make anyone feel that way--it hurt! I am very up front about it, hoping if the person is asking how I did it, then they are interested in the truth for themselves or someone they know. Now if they just want to use that info to make fun of me behind my back, or trash talk me, then I figure they darn sure were doing it when I was a lot heavier too!!!

I have noticed not so much flirting---although some! But just courtesy. Where before they would not hold doors, or would, but would avoid eye contact, now they meet my eye and acknowledge my thank you.

We had the guys in last night, and one of them is from Grand Junction, and is new here, has only been here for a few weeks. He looks just like a young Michael Jordan, though not so tall, just his features, and that amazing smile!!!

I had been sitting on the couch near where he was, and we had plates of food. Well I ate a couple of hot wings, and that was it. I got up to put my plate away, and he tells me "Girl you never gonna get no junk in that trunk if you don't eat!" Everyone laughed--I finally told him my trunk is history and I am trying to eliminate what is under the hood up front! Then told him I had had WLS---he acted surprised, wanted to see pictures of me! Now he wants his sister to call me. Hope she does!

Well better go see if our house is salvagable....need to make some more icing, it might look as though it has been seriously snowed on!!!

TTYL~~

Kat

FUDGE UPDATE....The Peanut Butter fudge turned out perfect. The other two are not creamy enough. I sent the batch of peppermint home with Joe when he came to get Ethan. We are going to start over and see if we can get it better before giving it out for gifts. Stay tuned for further updates. Pictures at 11.

Really Judy, you need to send it to me so I can make sure it's not poisonous or anything. :scared:

Laura: Your observation about the girl at the hockey game really struck a chord with me...... I, like you have always had a very positive outlook and have always felt if not sexy.. outgoing and I never had a problem with friends or the opposite sex at any size....... it wasn't until my last regain that I was shrinking into a shell........ (hence the BEFORE me) I was miserable and hurting.... now I just feel that I've got my Tracy back..... I commend you for being YOU! our resident young sassy sexy tall out spoken Laura.... YOU GO GIRL! Also, I LOVED the puple card even IF you didn't spell your name right! HA :scared:

Judy: mmmmmm pepermint fudge... may have to try that one! No, I never DREAMED we would bond like we have..... it is wonderful..... I got another batch of cards in todays mail, and I am just in awe about the friendship forged here......... good bad and the band (LUV it Laura)

Kat: the Junk in the trunk and under the hood comments made me laugh out loud! :)

Pamela: Have fun with Suzanne!!!!!!!!!!!!! snuggle time for sure.

We are supposed to get snow tonight......... and Cody is going on a campout with the scouts! FUN FUN!

I put together a platter of fudge and pb balls for my lawyer and her assistant today. I delivered it and they were shocked.. I wanted to thank them for all their help......

Ok.. my phone is ringing........

Laura... face it. I'm not an enabler. NO fudge for you....... or me.........!!

It's ALL done now and cooling in the fridge. Tomorrow after pageant rehearsal I'll start packing it up. I got some cute little boxes at Walmart that will be just perfect for about 4 pieces of each flavor. The last couple of years I have given away the Cookies in a jar and Soup in a jar. I thought I'd try something different this year. Next year I think I'll do the baking like Michelle.. maybe banana nut bread. Or mini carrot cake loaves. hmmmmmmmmm Too many food thoughts going through my brain. Must stop. Must stop!!

We're headed out to see Enchanted and then out to dinner with Kristin. Everyone have a great evening. Catch ya before I head to bed.

TTFN.......

Ok, quick note.

I've missed over 10 PAGES of posts from being too busy to get on my computer in a week. I hate to say it, i'll never be able to catch up. I pray everyone is doing well. Thank you to those who sent christmas cards :scared: I've been writing mine, but again, the no time thing - i'm not done, so if you get a card from me at the beginning of the year saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" it means i got them out too late! LOL.

Anywho, busy-ness will probably continue, but mom and I are doing good....I haven't lost much lately (darned holiday foods!!!!!!!!!!)

If someone could email or PM me if there's any updated info on the trip in May I'd appreciate it! thanks guys and merry christmas in case i don't make it back before then! LOL

Hey Panda! Are you preggers yet?!?!?

And Judy...:Cry::drama::scared:

:biggrin1:

Lets see if this works, never tried attaching a pic. Got my 'proof' from the people who preserved our bouquet in a shadow box. I love it!!!

post-216201-13813136040919_thumb.jpg

(They photoshop what they're putting it together with before putting it together so I can say if I like how something looks or not, that's why it looks kinda weird in spots).

My flowers were a dirty rose color, not purple.. but, if they ended up purple after preservation.. oh well hehe.