Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got out of my rny doctors office. I waited an 1 1/2 to see the nurse practitioner (I have never met her). I even requested to see my doctor. The reason for my visit was pain in my stomach and diarrhea. I have had diarrhea since I had the surgery 6 months ago. She told me to stop eating carbs, order something off Amazon for the bad smelling gas, and take acid blockers for the stomach pain.

Now what I am so upset about is that how can carbs be my problem if I have had the diarrhea since surgery. I told her I have changed around what I eat. Cutting out milk and other items and I still have the horrible gas and diarrhea. She told me to give it another month. I can't handle this or another month. I am too embarrassed to use the restroom at work because of the smell.

My doc told me right after the surgery it could be c diff as the cause and when I asked the nurse practitioner about that she said there was no way it could be that. Well I have been on a lot of antibiotics the past 6 months and truly believe it could be my problem.

I am sorry this is so long, but I know some of you would understand. Thanks for reading.

Cd off does come from long term antibiotic use

So frustrating. So very frustrating. And why must you give something another month just because this is the first time they saw you.. Basically they want another month, you have had six. Beyond Nuts. Things like this make me so mad. I mean seriously does this medical person think you would come in and say you had diarrhea and smelly gas for six months and that something is wrong, if it wasn't. Come on. Ok off my rant.

It's nuts!!! Demand to see your doctor & have him tell you something. I can't believe that. Shaking my mother fing head!!

I havent had the surgery yet, but I have diverticulitis, and have diarreah all the time to sometimes not sometimes do, my gasterologist told me to increase my Fiber can you take extra fiber, i was told to put a teaspoon of psyliicin husk, I( may not be spelled right) into juice, it helps me alot

I would ask if they could order a stool culture especially with the antibiotic use history. Like another poster said, c diff is often caused by antibiotics ( if that is what you have) . Stool culture will rule it in or out. I would call back and insist. Also, there is something called Just a Drop that helps with smelly poo when you have to go at work, etc. You put a drop in commode before you go & it helps eliminate odor.

Music, has your issue resolved? did you find out what the cause of the problem was?

<p>Music, has your issue resolved? did you find out what the cause of the problem was?</p>

Yes and no

After going to a GI doc it was determined that this is the new me. He gave me some medication that slows down the gut. I have adjusted my diet some and do not have as much diarrhea as in the past.

Are you having issues?

Yes a lot of issues, I had Gastric bypass revision from DS back in 09 and requested for my intestines to be reconnected to eliminate the foul smell that came along with the DS as well as the malabsorbtion and have been experiencing a lot of bile reflux since. so back in june of last year my new surgeon went in to operate on the bile aspect of things and because he moved the intestines 35cm further down my anatomy I am now experiencing so much of the foul gas and stool that I had experienced way back with the DS, I also ended up with gastroparesis of the stomach and intestines due to the DS as well as other health problems and Vitamin deficiencies and now since last june I'm re experiencing those same health issues again. I had a look at my results for the gastroparesis test and it indicated that my intestines are very small in length which to me indicates that the surgeon didn't lengthen them in the beginning and must have thrown them away his operating report couldn't be found by my current surgeon as he needed it to operate this time around but ended up operating without the report and finally told me that I actually have a gastrectomy rather than an RNY.

What we eat can cause both gas and diarrhea. If you eat carbs or fat it will definitely do it. We all pretty much had diarrhea after surgery without carbs and can continue it with carbs. Our new intestinal track and pouch can not process sugars and fats so they will dump them, causing gas and diarrhea. I would suggest you try eggs, oatmeal, etc for a week and see if it helps