Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein drink mix-ins

Though I would share what I have found to work. Please add what you may have found.

DiVinci SF syrups Walmart

Capella SF drops. capellaflavordrops.com tons of flavors!!

PB2. Amazon or bellplantation.com. Powdered Peanut Butter. One gram of sugar, 5 grams of Protein and only 45 calories. No oil. It's all extracted from real peanuts

Folgers Decaf coffee crystals - great for mocha shakes

Smuckers SF jellies (seedless). Good for yogurt too!

Oh! Great ideas! I especially like the coffee crystals for mocha shakes. Definitely have to try that.

I've been wanting to use up my Isopure "Unflavored" powder. This morning, out of desperation, I was searching through the cabinets for something that could make the shakes better with light soy milk and I found some unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's, from my baking days). Total 3 carbs, 0 sugars so I added three teaspoons to two scoops of Protein and it turned out pretty good! Got 58 grams of Protein in with no problem first thing this morning! One more in the afternoon and I'm good for the day.

I may even add the crystals to that and see what it's like. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Oh! Great ideas! I especially like the coffee crystals for mocha shakes. Definitely have to try that.

I've been wanting to use up my Isopure "Unflavored" powder. This morning' date=' out of desperation, I was searching through the cabinets for something that could make the shakes better with light soy milk and I found some unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's, from my baking days). Total 3 carbs, 0 sugars so I added three teaspoons to two scoops of Protein and it turned out pretty good! Got 58 grams of Protein in with no problem first thing this morning! One more in the afternoon and I'm good for the day.

I may even add the crystals to that and see what it's like. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Just remember that only 30 grams will get absorbed. The other 28 is wasted.

Just remember that only 30 grams will get absorbed. The other 28 is wasted.

That's right. You may want to break it up into 2 servings.... 1/2 in the morning & other half in the evening.

That's right. You may want to break it up into 2 servings.... 1/2 in the morning & other half in the evening.

So how much Protein can you absorb at one time ??? For the most part I drink my Protein shake (50 grams) as a snack between 10 - 10:30 am???? Should I be spliting my shake up????

So how much Protein can you absorb at one time ??? For the most part I drink my Protein shake (50 grams) as a snack between 10 - 10:30 am???? Should I be spliting my shake up????

Yes, you should split it up. We absorb 30 grams at one time. What shake are you drinking that is 50grams?

with the protien shakes right after surgery, can you add fruit to them like bananas or strawberries, or pineapple? Just curious if you can have that in the shakes

with the protien shakes right after surgery' date=' can you add fruit to them like bananas or strawberries, or pineapple? Just curious if you can have that in the shakes[/quote']

It really depends on your pouch. I had surgery on the 3rd and was able to do puréed food starting on the 7th. I did a Greek yogurt smoothie that I added frozen fruit to when I puréed it. Some others have said they were not able to tolerate it.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk HW 272 DOS 253 RNY Date 12/3/12

Oh ok wasn't sure about the fruit since alot of folks have a hard time with the shakes.< /p>

I'm not allowed a fruit mix in until tomorrow & I'm 2 weeks out. Clears were week one, full liquid, week 2 & I start purée tomorrow. Only certain canned soft fruits are allowed. Each program has different requirements even preop. I never had to do liquid diet up front & had no complications.

It really depends on your pouch. I had surgery on the 3rd and was able to do puréed food starting on the 7th. I did a Greek yogurt smoothie that I added frozen fruit to when I puréed it. Some others have said they were not able to tolerate it.

Which yogurt are you using? I've been searching for a low sugar one and best I've found is 9 gms for plain. Most have high 20's & I was kind of shocked by that. Haven't seen anything with 0 sugar. Thx

I don't think any yogurt has zero sugar. I've been eating dannon light and fit Greek yogurt in vanilla. I have been able to tolerate it since week two. It's a life savor for me. 12 grams of Protein and 80 calories.

Though I would share what I have found to work. Please add what you may have found.

PB2. Amazon or bellplantation.com. Powdered Peanut Butter. One gram of sugar, 5 grams of Protein and only 45 calories. No oil. It's all extracted from real peanuts

Do the SF jellies not still have too much sugar? I've always used the SF anyway. I'm only 1 week post-op, so I'm not eating that kind of stuff anyway..yet.

Which yogurt are you using? I've been searching for a low sugar one and best I've found is 9 gms for plain. Most have high 20's & I was kind of shocked by that. Haven't seen anything with 0 sugar. Thx

I'm using Chobani Greek yogurt. It has 9 grams of sugar per 8oz serving. You won't be able to fit in 8ozs at one time. Therefore you're not getting all 9 grams at one time.

PB2. Amazon or bellplantation.com. Powdered Peanut Butter. One gram of sugar' date=' 5 grams of Protein and only 45 calories. No oil. It's all extracted from real peanuts

[/quote']

Hello- what are you mixing the powdered peanut butter with?