Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

My kids are 14 & 20 so I feel ur pain! Just think positive thoughts & stay busy!! Not sure how to do private messages on here but I wish I did! Have a good, busy day!

My kids are 14 & 20 so I feel ur pain! Just think positive thoughts & stay busy!! Not sure how to do private messages on here but I wish I did! Have a good' date=' busy day![/quote']

Click on the persons picture. From there you have choices and one is to send a private message ;-)

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Hi Tika! I had mine 1/9

I like your name!!!! I'm having a revision... I had a really hard time with the band, I'm afraid of the dumping and malabsorption... What was your highest and lowest weight?

Hello guys' date=' I'm 26yrs old 290lbs and 5'7. I'm scheduled for surgery on 1/19/2013. I'm super nervous with excitement and dread.[/quote']

Congrats and good luck!

Hi Tika! I had mine 1/9

How are you feeling?

Sounds like you are doing a fabulous job recovering! I hope I am as successful as you and keep your motivation and positive attitude! Very happy to hear you are off to the start of a NEW you!! :)

Thank you lovealways-I know you will do great, just listen to your body.

I'm sure we all heard some of this before, but just as a reminder-the hospital staff is there to help you, they are positive and understand what a life changing choice you've made and will be very helpful and supportive. Don't be affraid to share any fears or ask them for advice/questions. Immediately after the surgery, don't make sudden turns and twists, let people help you and don't put expectations on yourself that aren't fair. I was almost affraid to be released because I was being so well taken care of and wasn't faced with making any "real" choices, but I knew it was safer for me to leave the hospital and heal at home. I guess having this surgery felt almost like a detachment from my old self-a separation from me and food the way I knew it. You start changing your way of eating during pre-op, beginning with the liquid diet, then you go to the hospital and leave behind your old life to start a new one. Once you get the new tool you needed (or gift as I call it) you have people there to see that you're physically taken care of to ensure it's working, you know how to use it, and you're recovering sufficiently. Once released you're excited for your future and to go home with your loved ones-then you get there and see things like the fridge, the pantry, something you can't have any longer lying on the counter top, and you want to turn tail and hide from these stupid objects that really should hold no power over you.

Luckily, that feeling doesn't last long-you'll realize, "I GOT THIS"! Yes, I still wish I could eat what others are having, possibly just because everything sounds so good (the smells are actually irritating), but I'm happy that I can't and that I have to be so careful right now. I'm still on wobbly post-op legs but each day gets easier and better (I even walked through costco today)! :D

I had low BP upon waking all the time in the hospital. I did have a hiatal hernia. As for my Gerd/acid reflux, I have been lucky enough that the liquid pre diet I haven't had to use it.

Congrats on your homecoming and #1 task is to remain hydrated :-)

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Thanks Gen-you are always great with support! I'm trying to figure this out, listen to my body, (there's a lot of gurgling going on in there right now, lol) but especially to make sure I drink at least 15 of those little cups they gave me in the hospital, in addition to my liquid meds and some broth and Jello. I do have to say I HATE the plem, ugh-it hurts coughing it up (because of the incisions) and earlier today I felt like I was almost going to drown in it because I couldn't breath while coughing it up-it was gagging me. That was super scary.

What stage are you in and how are you doing?

*Another updated list for January Dates (there are a few more added-did I miss anyone?)

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3, Federal Way, WA

Thynnlynn - Jan 4, Ypsilanti, MI

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7, St Vincent, Camel, IN

Truebind - Jan 7

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9, San Antonio, TX

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Lucky13 – Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14

lovealways - Jan 15, Long Island, NY

mrs.mda - Jan 15

mapannell – Jan 16

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

blackcherrie25 - Jan 19

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Dotie316 - Jan 21 - Germany

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22n

nikarjc - Jan 22

Workingmotherofthree - Jan 23

Nienie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Jessica9190 - Jan 26

Aimee - Jan 28

PianoMom1 - Jan 29, St Vincent Carmel, Indianapolis IN

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

tika - Jan 31

Hey Ready I'm the 25th. I'm so glad you are doing so well.

*Another updated list for January Dates (there are a few more added-did I miss anyone?)

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3' date=' Federal Way, WA

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Truebind - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Lucky13 – Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14

mrs.mda - Jan 15

mapannell – Jan 16

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

blackcherrie25 - Jan 19

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22n

nikarjc - Jan 22

Nienie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Jessica9190 - Jan 26

Aimee - Jan 28

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

tika - Jan 31[/quote']

Im in Owasso OK at Bailey Medical Center.....

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3' date=' Federal Way, WA

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Truebind - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Lucky13 – Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14

mrs.mda - Jan 15

mapannell – Jan 16

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

blackcherrie25 - Jan 19

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22n

nikarjc - Jan 22

Nienie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Jessica9190 - Jan 26

Aimee - Jan 28

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

tika - Jan 31[/quote']

Im in Owasso OK at Bailey Medical Center.....

Thank you lovealways-I know you will do great' date=' just listen to your body.

I'm sure we all heard some of this before, but just as a reminder-the hospital staff is there to help you, they are positive and understand what a life changing choice you've made and will be very helpful and supportive. Don't be affraid to share any fears or ask them for advice/questions. Immediately after the surgery, don't make sudden turns and twists, let people help you and don't put expectations on yourself that aren't fair. I was almost affraid to be released because I was being so well taken care of and wasn't faced with making any "real" choices, but I knew it was safer for me to leave the hospital and heal at home. I guess having this surgery felt almost like a detachment from my old self-a separation from me and food the way I knew it. You start changing your way of eating during pre-op, beginning with the liquid diet, then you go to the hospital and leave behind your old life to start a new one. Once you get the new tool you needed (or gift as I call it) you have people there to see that you're physically taken care of to ensure it's working, you know how to use it, and you're recovering sufficiently. Once released you're excited for your future and to go home with your loved ones-then you get there and see things like the fridge, the pantry, something you can't have any longer lying on the counter top, and you want to turn tail and hide from these stupid objects that really should hold no power over you.

Luckily, that feeling doesn't last long-you'll realize, "I GOT THIS"! Yes, I still wish I could eat what others are having, possibly just because everything sounds so good (the smells are actually irritating), but I'm happy that I can't and that I have to be so careful right now. I'm still on wobbly post-op legs but each day gets easier and better (I even walked through costco today)! :D[/quote']

Glad c ur so well and ThankYou for being so open and honest