Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Sorry to hear that Nicole. I hope new Rx works for you.

I had some blood work to check something's mainly my kidney functioning since my hospitalization. All was normal but potassium was a little low. Dr told me to start eating a banana a day' date=' lol. Next Thursday I go back in so that for a redraw cuz I think my electrolytes were in normal area but low. The Nurse said he wanted to recheck my electrolytes and potassium. So good news from Dr office today, I guess you can say that. Nothing major anyways :-)

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

So glad to hear you got good report on kidney function. That sounds like you are on the road to better health.

My husband ordered himself a pizza for dinner tonight. Part of me is annoyed' date=' because I feel like it's kind of rude to order a pizza and eat it in front of me, but on the other hand, he shouldn't have to give up his favorite foods just because I made this lifestyle change. He's one of the lucky ones, blessed with being naturally thin. Jerk. :P[/quote']

I ordered one for my daughter the other night. I used to love pizza, my fav food. However, it really doesn't appeal to me anymore, just like chocolate.< /p>

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I had some blood work to check something's mainly my kidney functioning since my hospitalization. All was normal but potassium was a little low. Dr told me to start eating a banana a day' date=' lol. Next Thursday I go back in so that for a redraw cuz I think my electrolytes were in normal area but low. The Nurse said he wanted to recheck my electrolytes and potassium. So good news from Dr office today, I guess you can say that. Nothing major anyways :-)

thanks! Glad your test went well!!! :)

DOS 12/17/12 :)

I still have UTI. Onto a new prescription. Also I'm dehydrated. Not a good day. :(

Will Vitamin Water and v8 help with your balancing electrolytes? I was hospitalized recently and had to do it consistently

Hw 245; Pre-Op(RNY) 225.6; Surg Date 2/26; GW 145

25 cal cans of v8 or low sodium v8 also help. Mine was low too and before that my phosphorus

My husband ordered himself a pizza for dinner tonight. Part of me is annoyed' date=' because I feel like it's kind of rude to order a pizza and eat it in front of me, but on the other hand, he shouldn't have to give up his favorite foods just because I made this lifestyle change. He's one of the lucky ones, blessed with being naturally thin. Jerk. :P[/quote']

He doesn't have to eat it in front of u though..... We are trying to change how we use to operate. He may not maintain the "natural thinness" forever. I find that having my family eat healthy and not having crap in the house helps all of us and teaches our kids better ways of dealing w food.< /p>

Will Vitamin Water and v8 help with your balancing electrolytes? I was hospitalized recently and had to do it consistently

I will definitely do that. Thank you for the tips!

He doesn't have to eat it in front of u though..... We are trying to change how we use to operate. He may not maintain the "natural thinness" forever. I find that having my family eat healthy and not having crap in the house helps all of us and teaches our kids better ways of dealing w food.< /p>

He's actually been pretty good, and he's supportive, I think just like me he was having a craving though and gave in. Can't fault him there. He's a pretty good sport about eating the healthy foods I make now, and has even lost a couple pounds himself. I think I was just grumpy and wanted to complain. Even though I don't really miss any foods, sometimes it's hard when it's staring you in the face. I had my turkey cheddarwurst and was happy :)

He's actually been pretty good' date=' and he's supportive, I think just like me he was having a craving though and gave in. Can't fault him there. He's a pretty good sport about eating the healthy foods I make now, and has even lost a couple pounds himself. I think I was just grumpy and wanted to complain. Even though I don't really miss any foods, sometimes it's hard when it's staring you in the face. I had my turkey cheddarwurst and was happy :)[/quote']

Ok... Whatever works for u. I just can't deal with that.

He's actually been pretty good' date=' and he's supportive, I think just like me he was having a craving though and gave in. Can't fault him there. He's a pretty good sport about eating the healthy foods I make now, and has even lost a couple pounds himself. I think I was just grumpy and wanted to complain. Even though I don't really miss any foods, sometimes it's hard when it's staring you in the face. I had my turkey cheddarwurst and was happy :)[/quote']

My husband doesn't always eat what I eat. He will sometimes get pizza or fried chicken for him and my son. I don't mind. They support me and most of the time they eat what I eat, just much more....lol. I made this decision for me and I can't force it upon anyone. But they know I'm only cooking one meal. They are eating more healthier than before. When they order pizza or fried chicken I just think about my former 290 pounds and it makes my choices worth it. I'm currently at 230 pounds.

My husband doesn't always eat what I eat. He will sometimes get pizza or fried chicken for him and my son. I don't mind. They support me and most of the time they eat what I eat' date=' just much more....lol. I made this decision for me and I can't force it upon anyone. But they know I'm only cooking one meal. They are eating more healthier than before. When they order pizza or fried chicken I just think about my former 290 pounds and it makes my choices worth it. I'm currently at 230 pounds.[/quote']

I do the same thing w my daughter. I haven't put her on the restrictions of eating that I have cuz she's 16 and healthy and 116lbs. So sometimes we have same dinner but I would say 1/2 the time not, mostly lately where my eating was off after surgery. I think it might be getting better now, fingers crossed. My food choices are guided by my goals :-) she eats fruits, salads so I allow her a pizza every other week, or fast food.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I do the same thing w my daughter. I haven't put her on the restrictions of eating that I have cuz she's 16 and healthy and 116lbs. So sometimes we have same dinner but I would say 1/2 the time not' date=' mostly lately where my eating was off after surgery. I think it might be getting better now, fingers crossed. My food choices are guided by my goals :-)

I cook healthy for my Fam... Grill, bake, broil, non fat spray, egg whites, skim cheese, 1% or skim milk, no candy or junk food in the house, salsa and baked tortilla wheat chips ok, etc. brown rice and whole wheat Pasta only... Stuff like that. I like making sure healthy eating is developed and part of their lives, therefore they teach there kids that. Also stress less tv, more reading and playing in and out of house for physical activities. Sometimes they even imitate us when we work out.

Family wellness.

Dinner time is to take time eating and talking to each other, family time together then and in other ways. I learned from my previous marriage and from others who have and have not adopted a healthy family lifestyle. I can't let my hubby or kids be ok with "skinny fat" due to not having a better outlook on their health and being active....

It's just me, I have learned its best for my Fam, so if my hubby wants a treat and he knows I struggle with that particular type of food or it may trigger something then he needs to show it & choose to eat it away from me w no leftovers.... We are a team and bad habits developed over time have to be broken for success... He wants to be truly healthy so WE have to do it together.

So, freaking out a little here. I am about 10 weeks out and it seems like my weight loss is starting to slow. Also, I seem more hungry than I was before. Anyone else?

So' date=' freaking out a little here. I am about 10 weeks out and it seems like my weight loss is starting to slow. Also, I seem more hungry than I was before. Anyone else?[/quote']

It's normal w adjustment they say..... Just up the right Protein Shakes and amounts and as much h2o as possible... Also talk to ur nut. They should be able to confer w u via phone too....

So, freaking out a little here. I am about 10 weeks out and it seems like my weight loss is starting to slow. Also, I seem more hungry than I was before. Anyone else?

Yes! I am 9 weeks and noticed my appetite is coming back. I have my final meeting with my nutritionist next week to get put on the "lifestyle plan" aka no more restrictions on what to eat, just how much, and it kind of makes me nervous. I don't know why because I've been really good with following the diet and it's not like suddenly I'm going to rush right out and eat crap, I just kind of enjoyed that I never felt hungry and now that it's back it kind of weirds me out.