Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can't Wait Till....

I've only gone in for my initial visit to meet with him. I think my next visit with him will be after my nutrition and pysch appts on the 15th...

Oh ok! So are you just starting your 6 months?

• I won't need to check my blood sugars first thing in the morning
  • I won't need to go to the pharmacy each month for those seven pills and one inject-able script
  • I won't dread visiting my regular doctor and getting the "you need to do better" speech
  • I can swim with my friends without embarrassment of my Buddha belly

Can not wait til...

• cross legs
  • wear boots
  • wear cute clothes, I may actually become "girly" (I have NEVER been girly)
  • more open in the bedroom ;)
  • look as sexy as I feel ( I have never had self image issues, I love me now... and hope to then even more)
  • not depend on my husband for all the he does with our boys due to me not being able to keep up.
  • my liver shrinks... i have NAFLD, and my liver needs to get healthy!
  • not constantly thinking about what is going to be the next meal...
  • the whole booth fitting thing...
  • to be a healthier cook for my family :)

Oh ok! So are you just starting your 6 months?

I'm going into my 5th month in January! I'm getting excited! I remember you saying you started your liquid diet...does that mean you're having your surgery in a couple of weeks?

I'm getting so anxious I just want the surgery already haha!

I just thought I would share that I made a list on a thread here somewhere and I can do so many of the things in my list- its only been 6 1/2 months since surgery and 100 pounds gone. I now sit with legs crossed always or even tucked up under me or on the dash board etc! I am considering going on a horse - never could due to weight. Going to get my bike fixed and know i can ride it without people looking at me funny. Going to universal studios soon, just waiting for time off from work and warmer weather. I still don't feel good in lingerie but hopefully soon!! Still have so much weight in my stomach and my boobs are flat. Rofl. Will need a support type lingerie but let's just say hubby doesn't care anyway. I'm still working on confidence in the bedroom. I can find clothes in any store (except lane Bryant and Catherine's . Lol. Darn it) not all look great because of the stomach but eventually.... My confidence when I walk amongst people is high and I get compliments almost every day!

Anyway just wanted to say my list is getting checked off and in such a short amount of time- amazing!!! Your lists will all be the same just keep up the hard work and commitment. I don't like the saggy skin (arms, chin, belly and boobs) and the wrinkles but so much better than fat!

Good luck people. Enjoy this ride its awesome

First I want to say I love the other posts on this topic.

Here are some of the things I can't wait for:

Can't wait to go to the movies and not have to lift both arm rests just so I can fit in the seat,

Not have to shamelessly ask the stewardess for the seat belt extender on an air plain cause the regular one just doesn't cut it,

​To be able to pass through a turnstile without having to stand on my tippy toes because my stomach just doesn't fit,

To not be completely out of breath just getting dressed in the morning,

To be able to stand up straight for more than 5 mins. without feeling like I'm going to collapse,

To be able to shop in the "cheap" stores for clothes instead of having to pay so much just for a top, just because it takes more material to make it,

​To also be able to sit in booths without having to move the table to accommodate me, and sit in doctor office seats with arms, or any chair with arms,

To be able to fit comfortably behind the wheel of my cars,

To be able to use a regular bathroom stall and not always the handicap one because there is more room to fit in there,

To finally look good in nice clothes (why is it they make larger sizes so ugly most of the time),

To be able to go food shopping without having to lean on the carriage and feeling like I'm going to collapse by the last isle,

To stop being treated "differently" by people because of my size,

That's all I can think of at the moment, will add more if I think of them....

I'm going into my 5th month in January! I'm getting excited! I remember you saying you started your liquid diet...does that mean you're having your surgery in a couple of weeks?

I'm with you, I will be on my 4th Month in January and I too am so anxious to get the surgery part over with and to be able to get on with my new life.

If they give you the information on a liquid diet I would do it. I started my journey 11/6/12 and I was approved and given my surgery date of 12/27/12 by 12/18/12!

Oh and I can't wait to not use a pillow to cover my stomach while I'm sitting or look in the mirror and feel disgusted! Oh but in do time :)

It is exciting! I had a little freak out period after approval where I just ate what I thought I would never eat again though (yikes)

I am on day 5 of liquid and it's much easier, I didn't cheat at all yesterday! Lol I'm getting full of of the Protein shakes and I'm moving so that keeps me busy. Surgery jan. 9th. Excited isn't the word at this point lol

It is exciting! I had a little freak out period after approval where I just ate what I thought I would never eat again though (yikes)

I am on day 5 of liquid and it's much easier' date=' I didn't cheat at all yesterday! Lol I'm getting full of of the Protein shakes and I'm moving so that keeps me busy. Surgery jan. 9th. Excited isn't the word at this point lol[/quote']

That's awesome! What was the time table for you after you turned in all your stuff to the insurance to get a surgery date and stuff?

I am on day 5 of liquid and it's much easier, I didn't cheat at all yesterday! Lol I'm getting full of of the Protein shakes and I'm moving so that keeps me busy. Surgery jan. 9th. Excited isn't the word at this point lol

OMG, I went through the same thing, were I was eating everything I thought I would never be able to eat again. It's crazy, but I kept thinking I will never be able to eat this stuff again, but I've been told that not always true, so I stopped doing that granted I still eat some stuff I know I don't want to have ever again after surgery but that is by choice not because I won't be able to. Good luck on your surgery, I can't wait for mine. Keep up the posts after surgery, you and I seem to have a lot of the same situations or issues so I would really like to hear how you get along after surgery.

Thanks,

Heres my list..surgery was on the 17th..im on my way..

What i dont want is...

~ To be nervous walking to my seat in an airplane because im afraid i wont fit (luckily never happened)

~ To ask for tables at a restaurant because i hate shimmying into booths

~ To only shop at Dots because they are the ONLY store that has clothes that fit me

~ To take my nieces to Six Flags or the Texas Fair and be too scared to ride rides because of my fear of being kicked off (which has happened to me once)

~ To not sign up for the adult soccer league because i am afraid i wont perform as well as i used to

~ To be the heaviest of my siblings because both my brothers are extremely fit

~ For people to say no offense when they say a fat joke

~ To be known as Big D

OMG I am tearing up so bad just reading all these posts. Its amazing the changes you will come upon once you start losing weight.

Surgery Nov26 50 pounds down and I am already seeing alot of the benefits!

good luck to everyone and stay commited! it pays off!

What a great thread! Seems like a lot of people have similar wishes. Mine are:

-To fit in a desk at school and not feel squeezed & uncomfortable (I'm a Grad student)

-To be able to walk across campus with my friends & not feel winded and sweaty

-To not dread taking the stairs instead of an elevator

-To ride my bike farther than down the street

-To get on Amusement Park rides

-To have my diabetes go in remission

-To find a new form of entertainment that isn't going out to eat

-To love myself as much as my husband does