Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Biggest Misconception About Surgery?

Well, so far 8 days I've not thrown up once and only had diarrhea twice the day of surgery. I guess I'm very fortunate that I'm doing well. Lost nearly 30 pounds in a week. My walking is 100% better, and so glad I did this. I feel so much sharper attentive, and full of energy.

I hope your issue with Water will improve.

Good Luck

One step at a time. Stay Positive :-)

I thought he surgery would be easy. Little pain and a quick recovery. I ended up being I the hospital for a 6 days and had a horrible time. Also' date=' I have been having panic attacks which I have never had before. But....it is getting better every day! I went to the doctor today had my staples and drain removed which made me feel much better. I think my biggest mistake was listening to friends I know who have also had rny. I was thinking because it was easy for them it would be for me too. Each person is different and our bodies all react differently.[/quote']

I hear you I was thinking oh it will be a piece of cake!! Nope I'm still bleeding tons out my back end had 9 transfusions and 1 platelet lord help whoever tells me I took the easy way out sorry just had to vent

Galicia, I'm really sorry to hear all your going through. I know a lot about Panic Attacks. They can control your thoughts. Having PTSD from Nam has made me a different person through the years. I find if I'm stuck I get myself up and change the scene, and do anything to change my thoughts. What's the Dr. Planning for you? If I can help contact me. My prayers are with you.

One step at a time. Stay Positive :-)

My fears were that I would not make it' date=' by was assured by my Dr. I would be fine. He was right lol. I've never regurgitated once so far. My Dr told me that if I follow the instructions I won't. He also said that people who throw up off and on is due to eating things with too much sugar in the product. I feel that after surgery it will not be as bad as you think. I went home the same day of surgery. I know that it's probably an exception, but be positive. It will be better, that's a promise.

One step at a time. Stay Positive :-)[/quote']

Wow, you went home the first day.... How cool!

I hear you I was thinking oh it will be a piece of cake!! Nope I'm still bleeding tons out my back end had 9 transfusions and 1 platelet lord help whoever tells me I took the easy way out sorry just had to vent

Please call your doctor, this is not typical...

I thought I would have dumping if I had sugar so I would Never want sugar again. I can have sugar and I have no dumping!! So I still have to be very careful. Now that I know I can eat sugar with no side effects I feel more tempted to eat sugar, and I that was one big reason for the surgery!!!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I thought I had it rough but my experience has been nothing compared to yours. I hope you get better very soon!

I thought I would have dumping if I had sugar so I would Never want sugar again. I can have sugar and I have no dumping!! So I still have to be very careful. Now that I know I can eat sugar with no side effects I feel more tempted to eat sugar' date=' and I that was one big reason for the surgery!!![/quote']

I too realized I can have sugar, but I also realized to a bare minimum. I figured out that most things seems too sweet to me, like the McDonald's parfait. I like that because it will allow me to have control over anything too sweet.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 202

I have 2 major ones: 1) I am solo bloated and uncomfortable 2) thought getting Water in was going to be easy as I was a big water drinker before. WRONG! I am 3 days out and am scared I made a mistake.

I have 2 major ones: 1) I am solo bloated and uncomfortable 2) thought getting Water in was going to be easy as I was a big Water drinker before. WRONG! I am 3 days out and am scared I made a mistake.

Hang in there. I felt the same way too. My surgery was on 11/5 and each day has gotten better. Give yourself more time and you will be amazed at how much better you feel!

I have 2 major ones: 1) I am solo bloated and uncomfortable 2) thought getting Water in was going to be easy as I was a big Water drinker before. WRONG! I am 3 days out and am scared I made a mistake.

You are not alone in this battle. I had trouble getting water / shakes for 3 months. Don't let it to the point where you are dehydrated! The doctor also has medication that can help.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk